The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the Thrustmaster T300RS. With racing games, any wheel/pedal set should enhance the gaming experience. Having said that, the DS5, with all their haptics and adaptive triggers, has seen a lot of positive reviews. I imagine most gamers will be playing with the DS5 anyway.

I haven't tried driving with the DS5 yet, but I like the haptic feedback when I navigate the game, take photos, etc. It has a cool mechanical feel when I click on the shutter in photomode.

I started GT7 with the dualsense by accident...

I wanted to watch the opening movie on my big screen. Like everyone else, I discovered that you have to complete the music rally first and I had 33min of download time left. So I started playing and got two silvers back to back. I don't do silver, so I switched to the race rig and immediately pulled a gold with minimal effort.

Overall, I wasn't ultra impressed with the haptics but I've been under the belief that the dualsense lost some of the old school heavy rumble to the new haptics - it just feels really minimal or subtle overall. You can really tell when you switch over to the xbox...

So the short version - the game is still fun with the gamepad but you are far more competitive with a wheel and experience a huge reduction in grinding if you are going for all golds.

Cheers.

edit: There is a significant learning curve to playing with a wheel. Trail braking amongst other things takes some practice. My previous comments sort of allude to a wheel/pedal set resulting in an instant performance increase - kinda but not so much depending on which model you go with (especially your pedal set) and your real understanding of the physics of performance driving.

Last edited:
I think so... $20 more than the standard PS5 version, comes with the digital PS4 version, steelbook, 1.1mil credits, a few cars and some lame avatars. Im sure you could sell the PS4 code for at least $20 and break even.

The DLC code for the PS4 version is tied to the same DLC code that has the avatars, credits, and some extra cars.

I just notice, GT7 has the turbo spool up and flutter sound effect! Didn’t notice it until I upgraded the turbo on S15 Silvia :pimp:

Anybody getting kicked out to offline while doing the license races? It’s super annoying.

Spring cleaning, and not sure if these will play? But free to the first person to claim each one. One per person until gone. Just DM me with your details & pay for shipping.
666B40C0-5EC9-425D-8CC7-0D59428E21D7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom