The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B09DCB32-1A39-4C82-990B-57D59B5248DE.jpeg

Not sure if I should get a PS5 just for GoW or just get the Ps4 joint. Been looking at the graphical comparisons and it really doesn't look that different to me 🤷‍♂️

There are definitely other benefits to PS5 outside of GoW.
Like what?

Demon Souls?

Miles Morales?

Astro Bot?

Ratchet and Clank?

Horizon?

Performance modes for older PS4 games?

Fighting Games?

At this point…have to accept each console for different use cases. Switch for Nintendo first party and portability. Xbox for Gamepass and the promise of eventual AAA. PS5 for Sony AAA, etc.

Just bought and XBox in August but there are definitely a few games on the PS side that I would love to play. Still haven't finished Spiderman, wanna play TLOU2 ,Ghost of Tsushima and at the top of that list is GoW. The sad problem I have come to realize as an adult is the older I get, the less time I have to play these games :frown:

Hope GoW is included in the sale, though I can't think of 2 other games I want RN...
Word. I did a quick check last night and there was nothing I could find 3 of or would justify $70.

I wish pre-ordered games could be included. I’d throw in Forsaken and take almost w/e free.

Like what?

Demon Souls?

Miles Morales?

Astro Bot?

Ratchet and Clank?

Horizon?

Performance modes for older PS4 games?

Fighting Games?

At this point…have to accept each console for different use cases. Switch for Nintendo first party and portability. Xbox for Gamepass and the promise of eventual AAA. PS5 for Sony AAA, etc.

The things I had in mind were:

- the Instant Game Collection once you have a PS5 and PS+,
- overall improvements the hardware provides (faster loading times, optimized settings, ect)
-future proofing for upcoming releases
-ability to use the PS4 as a trade-in to reduce the PS5 price
-majority of hardware issues have been ironed out this far into the generation

He was speaking directly of PS4 to PS5, so I am not sure as to why you noted Nintendo and Xbox.
Just benefits outside of one game was all I was getting at. Everyone values different things, so I was just noting there are other benefits.

Not sure if I should get a PS5 just for GoW or just get the Ps4 joint. Been looking at the graphical comparisons and it really doesn't look that different to me 🤷‍♂️

Honestly, I wouldn't play GOW on the PS4, you have to experience it on the PS5. Will probably be one of the most memorable games on the platform like GOW 1 was for the PS4.

But, I wouldn't buy a PS5 just to play GOW.

PO

Honestly, I wouldn't play GOW on the PS4, you have to experience it on the PS5. Will probably be one of the most memorable games on the platform like GOW 1 was for the PS4.

But, I wouldn't buy a PS5 just to play GOW.

PO
Yeah. There might be a few effects, higher frame rates and resolution but not enough to warrant a $500 purchase unless he’s interested in other titles.

PS4 GoW still runs at 30 fps with the same assets.

Played a lil MP today. Amsterdam level is fire. Haven’t played at most of the maps yet. UI is bad lol.

Playstation and their first party catalog is a juggernaut famb

With PS5 owners getting to enjoy games like God of War, their losing say Call of Duty (just using it as an example for no reason :D) won't make a difference for their future success.

If I were a regulator (again just randomly using this as an example) looking at mergers in the gaming industry, I would definitely consider all the great work Sony has done to build its catalog and position in the market

Last edited:
I really slept on Deathloop. I think I have one more quest before the finale, but it is a heck of a lot of fun. My only issues are I have had it crash a few times. I quickly remember it is a Bethesda published, Arkane produced game so a few is probably best case scenario. It does have very intuitive auto-save, so not the end of the world having to reboot.

It is just a travesty that should there be a sequel, it most likely will not show up on a Sony console due to the morally corrupt and frankly, unjust, acquisition of Bethesda by the megalithic Microsoft entity. It seems their ultimate goal is to gatekeep their titles and prevent any sort of competition. I hope the bastion of capitalism, the courts of Brazil, and possibly the UK, are able to be a shining light in the darkness and prevent acquisitions like this that ruin Sony's ability to compete with this gargantuan corporate fat-cat, who continue to rob consumers of a sequel to 2006's genre defining title "Pimp My Ride".

When will corporate greed (specifically American, not Japanese) peak? If a company can sell all their consoles at a loss, and throw away money on a whim:

..how can a small Japanese video game company compete?

..how can a small Japanese video game company compete?
I think all the money they spent on exclusive games third party like Final Fantasy 16, time exclusives like Deathloop, on making sure games don't come to Xbox like Final Fantasy 7 remake, preventing games from coming to GamePass like Resident Evil, Village and exclusive content in multiplatform games like Call of duty should help.

Back
Top Bottom