The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glad to see dead space getting good reviews makes it a easier pickup once i see it dip in price in no rush to replay that game when there is stuff already in my backlog i have yet to beat.

How many games can a 1tb SSD hold?

Not sure. But a quick google search found consensus on 10-15 games regardless of ps5 ps4. So with internal drive prob looking around 20 total.

I upgraded to a 4tb. Prob didn’t need it that big considering I pick at 1-2 games over a couple months. And still have prob 20+ in my backlog.

Glad to see Deadspace get high reviews. Original DS got to me pretty good. Could always count on them spots to force the nasties to turn around. Not sure how I’ll survive if that’s not there. Lol.

Not sure. But a quick google search found consensus on 10-15 games regardless of ps5 ps4. So with internal drive prob looking around 20 total.

I upgraded to a 4tb. Prob didn’t need it that big considering I pick at 1-2 games over a couple months. And still have prob 20+ in my backlog.

Glad to see Deadspace get high reviews. Original DS got to me pretty good. Could always count on them spots to force the nasties to turn around. Not sure how I’ll survive if that’s not there. Lol.

I have an external hard drive on my os5 for ps4 games.

10-15 games on a 1tb ssd sounds good. Gonna pick one up soon.

Of course the first game to be played that will tax this new controller will be 1997s Wild ARMS, as God intended.
20230126_172309.jpg

As someone who doesn’t own the Edge, I wish Sony would have went with a matte black finish on the bottom.

Can someone recommend me a good "action" platformer a la Mario on the catalog and not so much a Metroidvania

I have the 4TB Firecuda SSD in my PS5 and I transferred basically all of my PS4 backlog there as well as my PS5 games.

I have 100+ games on there right now including some huge GB eaters like the Horizon games, Ghost of Tsushima, RDR 2, NBA 2K22 & 23, Batman Arkham trilogy, TLOU 2, Ragnarok etc.

All of that and I still have 630 GB of space on there almost as much as the base PS5 SSD.

In an era where creative and financial resources are being milked across different media toward familiar IPs and creating “universes” where even minor characters are getting heavily invested in this is welcome news.

Take a risk, give us something new and fresh. And maybe we’ll experience the magic of a new IP that’ll go down in history.

I have the 4TB Firecuda SSD in my PS5 and I transferred basically all of my PS4 backlog there as well as my PS5 games.

I have 100+ games on there right now including some huge GB eaters like the Horizon games, Ghost of Tsushima, RDR 2, NBA 2K22 & 23, Batman Arkham trilogy, TLOU 2, Ragnarok etc.

All of that and I still have 630 GB of space on there almost as much as the base PS5 SSD.

How much did the 4tb firecuda cost you?

PS Edge is great so far. I know I am under-utilizing it, but I changed a few inputs to the paddles for Destiny 2 and it was fun being able to keep my thumbs on the sticks and still be able to jump and melee. They have some options built in for different stick sensitivities that seem interesting but I honestly didnt notice a huge difference (and I imagine I wouldnt until I hit PVP).

The controller has some weight to it and feels well made. I had the cord lock on and it seems to add a bit of weight, but I stopped noticing it pretty quick.

The ability to map buttons, switch profiles, and try new stick sensitivities in-game is great feature. Games like D2 already let you re-map buttons, but dont have paddles by default, so I had to map a button for another button, if that makes sense. :lol: It worked well though. One small thing I noticed is that my natural hand position has my fingers rest over where the paddles sit, so it took a bit of getting used to. A little bit of hand fatigue but not a big deal.

My primary purchase was for the durability aspect so we will see if it can last 3-4 years without anything other than the sticks needing replacement. At the end of the day it is expensive; but if you have the expendable income and really like the added benefits of the Edge, Id suggest having a look.

Back
Top Bottom