The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Took me about 40 attempts to get silver for the final test for super license.

That car has zero downforce.

early elden ring thoughts - graphics aren’t great, fps drops suck, and the open world isn’t that entertaining. Maybe it’s cause I’m on caffeine withdrawal but it’s ok so far. Feels like I’m playing a ps3 game compared to demon souls. Also feels a whole lot easier. I’ve traveled pretty far from my original starting site just for kicks and I’m dodging and wrecking those dudes with my samurai. Maybe the samurais op since the stamina and fast rolls are great.

I kinda feel like I should’ve bought sekiro instead. Even play blood borne at 30 fps cause I’m starting to not see a difference between performance and the “prioritize graphics” mode smh

As someone who’s complained in this thread about elden ring a few times, I can say for sure that despite its flaws it’s well worth playing. The star of the show in the game is the world, and the combat maybe takes a bit of a backseat though.

It seems you want more of a combat focused game at the moment, and if so Sekiro might be more up your alley. And then you can get back to ER when you’re feeling more of an open world exploring type game. I think once I understood that the signature 1v1 boss battles aren’t the centerpiece in ER as much as I would have liked, the more I began to appreciate it for what it does well.

Last edited:
As someone who’s complained in this thread about elden ring a few times, I can say for sure that despite its flaws it’s well worth playing. The star of the show in the game is the world, and the combat maybe takes a bit of a backseat though.

It seems you want more of a combat focused game at the moment, and if so Sekiro might be more up your alley. And then you can get back to ER when you’re feeling more of an open world exploring type game. I think once I understood that the signature 1v1 boss battles aren’t the centerpiece in ER as much as I would have liked, the more I began to appreciate it for what it does well.

Word. Only played like an hour and half just running the whole time and seeing how close I can get to that tree lol. Gonna restart and play normally and go boss to boss and location to location. Just disappointed in the graphics since other open world games do a much better job with frame rate and graphics but I’ll keep pushin on.

Word. Only played like an hour and half just running the whole time and seeing how close I can get to that tree lol. Gonna restart and play normally and go boss to boss and location to location. Just disappointed in the graphics since other open world games do a much better job with frame rate and graphics but I’ll keep pushin on.

I wouldn’t restart :lol: I’d just keep the progress and any leveling you might have done. The game really is a mix of exploring and going in random directions along with going the “right way” to the next boss. So nothing wrong with what you did.

And does that include a rig or some sort of table to mount the wheel?

Entry-level would be the Logitech G29.
Something slightly better would be the Thrustmaster T300RS or the T-GT II
And a bit higher would be the Fanatec... but that's probably over your budget.

My coworkers are huge into ER and kept talking to me about getting it.
I fell in the trap. It’s a cool game. BUT. instead of going straight I went right for a reason and killed by a crab, then poison, then a dragon and so on. I kept going not knowing I was supposed to keep going straight from the beginning.
I ended up so damn lost for like 6 hours :rofl:
This is me going blind no walk through a or tips. Just the trailer.
Homies were “you haven’t got your horse” I’m like where that at. They like 5 mins in :stoneface: I’m over here dying for over 6 hours somewhere I’m not supposed to be yet.
Needless to say I’m on the right track. :lol:

I fell in the trap. It’s a cool game. BUT. instead of going straight I went right for a reason and killed by a crab, then poison, then a dragon and so on. I kept going not knowing I was supposed to keep going straight from the beginning.
Homies were “you haven’t got your horse” I’m like where that at. They like 5 mins in :stoneface: I’m over here dying for over 6 hours somewhere I’m not supposed to be yet.
Bro I traveled for 1.5 hrs without a damn a horse and needed one. I was smhing cause I felt like it’s a beginning game thing bc of that beginning cut scene and all the trailers lol. 6 hours is wild lol.

And does that include a rig or some sort of table to mount the wheel?

Entry-level would be the Logitech G29.
Something slightly better would be the Thrustmaster T300RS or the T-GT II
And a bit higher would be the Fanatec... but that's probably over your budget.
I wouldn't recommend anyone the Fanatec unless they are seriously into sim racing since it would be a waste if they are only casually gaming. I forgot which companies other than Fanatec makes those type of rig but it seems others are better and a bit cheaper compared to Fanatec. if someone is just starting sim racing, the T150 or G29 would be the best until one decides to go or proceed that they need an upgrade. I would have gone the T300RS route but was a bit worried about the overheating and durability issues that seems to be prevalent on the T300 series.

Last edited:

Bro I traveled for 1.5 hrs without a damn a horse and needed one. I was smhing cause I felt like it’s a beginning game thing bc of that beginning cut scene and all the trailers lol. 6 hours is wild lol.
omg, that was literally me the other day :rofl: i talked to the lady who gave me the horse but i didn't know how to mount it. i was walking around and getting killed for like 2 hours. rage quitted after getting killed like 6 times in that castle entrance with the big monster guy and the guards flinging things at me. :rofl:

THEN i mounted my horse and things were so much easier :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :rofl:

Anyone finish elden ring? Still tryna see if it’s worth playing now or just waiting for more updates. Gonna complain again but there’s just no “weight” or feel to the game. Demon souls didn’t have much of a story but every move and fight felt heavy. The lighting, atmosphere, graphics, and movements all added to the experience. It’s just kind of a boring grind here. Even after dying I’m not upset. I’m just like ok - I can try again but that was kinda boring. Let me go somewhere exciting. No epic adventure feeling, just a horse riding, press circle and then r1 type of game.

Anyone finish elden ring? Still tryna see if it’s worth playing now or just waiting for more updates. Gonna complain again but there’s just no “weight” or feel to the game. Demon souls didn’t have much of a story but every move and fight felt heavy. The lighting, atmosphere, graphics, and movements all added to the experience. It’s just kind of a boring grind here. Even after dying I’m not upset. I’m just like ok - I can try again but that was kinda boring. Let me go somewhere exciting. No epic adventure feeling, just a horse riding, press circle and then r1 type of game.

Beat elden ring. 98 hours.

9.5/10.

If you’re not feeling it just move on. Too many games out there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom