The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s my point Kojima’s only good games are MGS. Even then MGS5 was a massive cluster —— in terms of story and repetitive gameplay loop.

He constantly adds weird **** to weak/limited play mechanics. Never pushes the envelope creatively gameplay wise, and his story telling outside of most of MGS series is astoundingly putrid.

But he’s a PS guy so Sony stans hold him up like a demigod

When you take away the iconic game franchise he created, he’s not that good at making games.

Checkmate.

That’s a lie. His only “mass appealing” game is MGS, but to act like he hasn’t made other great game is false.

Zone of the Enders, specifically The 2nd Runner is a masterpiece. Literally the best giant mecha game ever made.

Isn’t the point of a game to “mass apeal”? lmfao this **** ain’t the movies bruh. To your point Viewtiful Joe would be a game that didn’t “mass appeal” and it s—ts on ZoE creatively, story wise, graphically and any other category you could put out there.

See the difference?

He hasn’t made other great games. He’s made MGS and a bunch of “so-so others”.

Hes a one trick pony. The industry caught up to him back in 2007 and he’s long since been surpassed.

There’s your lord and savior depressed over GTA because he has no clue how to fill a game world.

When you take away the iconic game franchise he created, he’s not that good at making games.

Checkmate.

Naughty Dog
Jak and Dexter
Uncharted
The Last of Us

Bethesda
Fallout
Elder Scrolls

Bungie
Halo
Destiny

I mean I know you were trying to be cute, but you came away looking even more stan made.

Iconic franchises are iconic because of the creativity, gameplay and *gasp* mass appeal.

Kojima is a one trick pony.

That’s my point Kojima’s only good games are MGS. Even then MGS5 was a massive cluster —— in terms of story and repetitive gameplay loop.

He constantly adds weird **** to weak/limited play mechanics. Never pushes the envelope creatively gameplay wise, and his story telling outside of most of MGS series is astoundingly putrid.

But he’s a PS guy so Sony stans hold him up like a demigod

This is probably 75% bait, but still. I agree his story-telling, INCLUDING MGS, is a nightmare. Hell, there is a 6 hour video series on Youtube to try and explain the story. :lol:

But to say he doesn't push the envelope gameplay wise is a little ridiculous. MGS aside, where I would argue 1, 2, Snake Eater, and 4 all had great gameplay adds, Peacewalker was excellent and the capturing mechanic was pushed over to MGS5, Death Stranding was about as unique as a triple AAA game has been. You may not have liked the gameplay, but to say it wasn't creative or different is more than little dismissive.

But perhaps because he is "PS guy", you may be overly critical of him? Nawwwww that only goes one way, right? :lol:

To be honest, I dont even know why I am arguing this. I should save my energy for when one of your ilk comes for Sakaguchi.

Isn’t the point of a game to “mass apeal”? lmfao this **** ain’t the movies bruh. To your point Viewtiful Joe would be a game that didn’t “mass appeal” and it s—ts on ZoE creatively, story wise, graphically and any other category you could put out there.

See the difference?

Hes a one trick pony. The industry caught up to him back in 2007 and he’s long since been surpassed.

There’s your lord and savior depressed over GTA because he has no clue how to fill a game world.

Your example is literally the most successful game in the history of the industry?

:lol:

This is probably 75% bait, but still. I agree his story-telling, INCLUDING MGS, is a nightmare. Hell, there is a 6 hour video series on Youtube to try and explain the story. :lol:

But to say he doesn't push the envelope gameplay wise is a little ridiculous. MGS aside, where I would argue 1, 2, Snake Eater, and 4 all had great gameplay adds, Peacewalker was excellent and the capturing mechanic was pushed over to MGS5, Death Stranding was about as unique as a triple AAA game has been. You may not have liked the gameplay, but to say it wasn't creative or different is more than little dismissive.

But perhaps because he is "PS guy", you may be overly critical of him? Nawwwww that only goes one way, right? :lol:

To be honest, I dont even know why I am arguing this. I should save my energy for when one of your ilk comes for Sakaguchi.

Chris.

Kojima sucks.

Get Granblue Relink it’s dope.

/Discussion

I should save my energy for when one of your ilk comes for Sakaguchi.
Just let me know when...

inifinity-war-marvel.gif

See the difference?

Viewtiful Joe being better or worse than ZoE makes zero sense in this argument about "Has Kojima made other good games than Metal Gear?" lol

No, I don't see the difference because it looks like a deflect and doesn't change the fact that VJ and ZoE are both good games.

Now you want to push it to "great" which I'm assuming you define great as genre defining, generational, all-time classics? Fair enough, MGS is his magnum opus, which I can agree with you on. Can I ask how many of his games you have played?

Is he one trick pony, or does the consumer/industry only desire (and expect) one thing from him? I would go with the latter, especially in today's "I want the same, but updated" gaming climate that we're living in. (remasters, remakes, etc.)

All the article shows is he has appreciation for other creators pushing the industry standard forward.

Edit - Also, I'm no Kojima Savior guy. I just don't like when untrue statements are made.

Impulse purchased Tekken 8 over the weekend, and although I’m really enjoying it - I’m slowly realizing I just don’t have the time to commit to this game to be as competitive as I would like to be. Being an adult sucks

This is why I’m passing even though the game looks phenomenal and will probably be my favorite fighting game of this gen to watch.

I don’t mind the commitment to learn a character I’m interested in maining, but I don’t have it in me to learn a ton of different matchups (especially since I don’t have legacy matchup knowledge to begin with.) It’s a game that I either commit to hard, or wait for a deep sale on to justify playing casually, and I’m choosing the latter.

Viewtiful Joe being better or worse than ZoE makes zero sense in this argument about "Has Kojima made other good games than Metal Gear?" lol

No, I don't see the difference because it looks like a deflect and doesn't change the fact that VJ and ZoE are both good games.

Now you want to push it to "great" which I'm assuming you define great as genre defining, generational, all-time classics? Fair enough, MGS is his magnum opus, which I can agree with you on. Can I ask how many of his games you have played?

Is he one trick pony, or does the consumer/industry only desire (and expect) one thing from him? I would go with the latter, especially in today's "I want the same, but updated" gaming climate that we're living in. (remasters, remakes, etc.)

All the article shows is he has appreciation for other creators pushing the industry standard forward.

Edit - Also, I'm no Kojima Savior guy. I just don't like when untrue statements are made.

Nah you wrote a dissertation on why Kojima isn’t overrated you’re big mad. It’s ok.

He can be over rated and great developer at the same time... MGS3 is probably onebof my top 10 games of all time, but I havent enjoyed anything else hes made even remotely close since, including MGS4 and 5. I do think MGS2 is one of the most over rated games ever, and Death Stranding... honestly shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath as MGS.

Anyway... 5 hours into P3, and I feel bad I didnt pay a dime to play it, but I am hoping that CE sits and goes on sale so I can add it to my collection. I have every other domestic Persona game that isnt a dancing game.

Back
Top Bottom