The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_6927.jpeg
Been cleaning out the closet in my work room. Release day Fatboy and replacement. The 60Gb started failing, RLOD. The other I haven’t plugged in since I moved 5 years ago.

Help Request from someone who’s restored their PS3: I’m looking for some recommendations on the best strategy guide for refurbishing these. I know I need to open them up, clean em out and re-apply thermal paste, replace the battery. But I’d like to bring the fatboy back to life. Trying to find a completionist guide that works. Dont want to plug my replacement and overheat it.

Thanks in advance

Bonus pic. Meant to replace my pro with this and never got around to it. Never opened it. Might have to re-thermal it while I’m at it.

IMG_6929.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_6927.jpeg
Been cleaning out the closet in my work room. Release day Fatboy and replacement. The 60Gb started failing, RLOD. The other I haven’t plugged in since I moved 5 years ago.

Looking for some recommendations on best strategy guide for refurbishing these. I know I need to open them up, clean em out and re-apply thermal paste, replace the battery. But I’d like to bring the fatboy back to life. Trying to find a completionist guide that works. Dont want to plug my replacement and overheat it.

Thanks in advance

Bonus pic. Meant to replace my pro with this and never got around to it. Never opened it. Might have to re-thermal it while I’m at it.

IMG_6929.jpeg

Mignight Blue Pro? I wanted one of those so bad when they dropped, but they did me like Nike. Over it now since its obsolete.

Mignight Blue Pro? I wanted one of those so bad when they dropped, but they did me like Nike. Over it now since its obsolete.

Actually stopped thinking about it. It was in its shipping box. I agree it’s obsolete (outdated is prob a better term. They’re still making ps4 games so it’s not obsolete yet). But I still have my pro connected. Games with PS5 upgrades I play on PS5. Ones without I stick to the PS4 to break up the load and storage. Just mainly been PS5 gaming last year or so.

More worried about reviving my PS3, they been sitting a long time.

Last edited:
1 side quest left in the Grasslands, Ch. 2

Did we really need more Chadley? He’s annoying as hell and I’m only in Chapter 2

Back
Top Bottom