The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally tried PSVR & Gran Turismo Sport with the PS5 this weekend. 5hrs effortlessly melted away....

The biggest thing I noticed was, of course, SUPER stable frame rate. There also seems to be more people in the stands and camping along the track as well - they also seem more animated (waving, etc). Lastly, loading times seem to be improved (20-30%). The resolution might be improved, but I'd have to do back to back runs using the PRO to be sure. I could lean forward and read more details on the dash & gauge clusters.

Most importantly, you will immediately see your times improve with the uber stable FPS.

The TG-T base, T-LCM pedals, and F1 wheel piloting Lewis Hamilton's '17 W08, the Honda Project 2&4, and the Honda Dallara SF19 was complete bliss.

VR Racing is definitely the pinnacle of gaming for this guy...

sidebar:
My racing rig is running on a 55" Samsung MU7000 from 2017. It's from the era when a Samsung 7 series included the upper tier all-metal design, matching center stand, bluetooth voice remote, etc. This unit was a bit of unicorn as it had better contrast than the 8000 series with local dimming that year but lacked the brightness. There is also no "game" mode as we are used to seeing these days. It was a great value for a set that would truly only be used for gaming. Anyhoo, the PS5 graphics were still amazing. You don't need a super TV to have a fulfilling next-gen experience - 4K, 60hz, lower latency and great contrast is all.
You using a first or second gen PSVR? I have a first gen, and I’m wondering how much things could really be improved with the limitations of the screens.

Sidenote: anyone got a PS5 plug? :lol: :ohwell:

Control
Ashtray Maze :pimp:

This game is somethin else when its you against a roomful of enemies.
every battle feels like
2pjp.gif

Currently there are no must have gotta have it games for ANY next gen system. Miles is fun but hardly a MUST HAVE

If you can pick up a PS5 without it breaking your back I think it is def worth it though.

There are great PS5 enhanced games and a few good PS5 ones. You can also work through your backlog with 60 FPS frame rates and better upscale 4K (where they apply).

Currently there are no must have gotta have it games for ANY next gen system. Miles is fun but hardly a MUST HAVE

Just sounds like table salt....

You using a first or second gen PSVR? I have a first gen, and I’m wondering how much things could really be improved with the limitations of the screens.

Sidenote: anyone got a PS5 plug? :lol: :ohwell:

Second gen. IMHO, you can just tell that everything is working effortlessly.... so whatever improvement that offers I felt while playing. But whatever that is, quantitatively, your guess is as good as mine.

Anyone want to reup their ps+ sub here it is for $27 (found on slickdeals)

I ordered from them last year and just a few days ago. Used paypal. Just activate your code asap, apparently waiting has greater chance of the code being used

Edit: if this isnt allowed then just check slickdeals for cdkeys and youll see it

Anyone want to reup their ps+ sub here it is for $27 (found on slickdeals)

I ordered from them last year and just a few days ago. Used paypal. Just activate your code asap, apparently waiting has greater chance of the code being used

Edit: if this isnt allowed then just check slickdeals for cdkeys and youll see it

Nah you straight.

CDKeys always coming through with these PS+ deals.

Debating if I want to continue playing on a monitor or a TV. Kind of torn.

I made the switch to a monitor for the first time when my PS5 came in and I like it, definitely helps when im playing Warzone with the homies or FUT matches online where you gotta lock it in, but I enjoy playing something like GoT lounging on the couch or in bed on a big TV. Definitely been times where I’m mad lazy and end up not playing cause i don’t feel like unplugging and replugging it in somewhere else :lol: :smh:

now that i think about this, i dont know why they had to play joel and ellie. They could have played two different characters in a similar situation in the same world and it still would have worked.

expectations might be too high with them portraying the characters

I don’t even know why they’re doing this. TWD was basically the TV version of the game with several of the games themes playing out in the show, well at least before they got to Alexandria.

I don’t even know why they’re doing this. TWD was basically the TV version of the game with several of the games themes playing out in the show, well at least before they got to Alexandria.
TWD is pure trash.

That's reason enough.

Don't go thinking TWD did everything with the genre and is a good representation of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom