The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that's what I meant. why is it easy to reproduce or manufacture the PS4 if they can already make the PS5? it's not like there weren't any PS5s that got released. the fact that they released a few PS5, is already a testament that they are in production of it. then suddenly nothing and they blamed supply chain while reproducing the PS4s without any issues. I don't believe those PS4s were just sitting in storage to meet the demand for PS5s.
I thought the slow production of the ps5 was due to the new tech in it. Specifically a chip needed to manufacture the ps5.

It was my understanding the ps4 does not have those manufacturing issues.

Also I'm willing to bet there were more ps4s produced than ps5s the year before the launch.

that's what I meant. why is it easy to reproduce or manufacture the PS4 if they can already make the PS5? it's not like there weren't any PS5s that got released. the fact that they released a few PS5, is already a testament that they are in production of it. then suddenly nothing and they blamed supply chain while reproducing the PS4s without any issues. I don't believe those PS4s were just sitting in storage to meet the demand for PS5s.

D Double D Double laid it out yesterday.
Different resources which is why they can spin up the assembly line for PS4s when they want but struggle for PS5.

PS4 is using components from a decade ago and basic hardrives while PS5 is using components that current PC's and Laptops are using.

I thought the slow production of the ps5 was due to the new tech in it. Specifically a chip needed to manufacture the ps5.

It was my understanding the ps4 does not have those manufacturing issues.

Also I'm willing to bet there were more ps4s produced than ps5s the year before the launch.
that's the thing. typically, Sony would stack up a lot of units before the initial launch and we seldom get shortages. and it is the first time that we are seeing Sony doing a soft launch. regarding the tech, this would have been true if Microsoft with their Xbox releases also suffered the same shortages or supply issues. they pretty much have the same specs as that of the PS5. considering the Xbox series X and S are readily available and in massive supply, makes you think about such excuse from Sony. I'm looking at it from the businessman's point of view of hoarding or keeping everything on hold considering the sudden surge of demand for the previous product the seem to have lost value is now costing back to more profit. of course, that is difficult to prove but considering the circumstances, it is a possibility.

that's the thing. typically, Sony would stack up a lot of units before the initial launch and we seldom get shortages. and it is the first time that we are seeing Sony doing a soft launch. regarding the tech, this would have been true if Microsoft with their Xbox releases also suffered the same shortages or supply issues. they pretty much have the same specs as that of the PS5. considering the Xbox series X and S are readily available and in massive supply, makes you think about such excuse from Sony. I'm looking at it from the businessman's point of view of hoarding or keeping everything on hold considering the sudden surge of demand for the previous product the seem to have lost value is now costing back to more profit. of course, that is difficult to prove but considering the circumstances, it is a possibility.
Never been checking for the series X but I thought it was also pretty hard to get.

Plus if it's actually readily available wouldn't that just point to its not in high demand?

Never been checking for the series X but I thought it was also pretty hard to get.

Plus if it's actually readily available wouldn't that just point to its not in high demand?
not really. the series X/S sold more in North America. to be honest, they aren't that too far from each other when it comes to sales as far as North America is concerned. so the supply shouldn't be that as drastic as what we are seeing here. I'm thinking hoarding as well.

i actually prefer the campaign and dont care for online... when i copped GT sport and it didnt have campaign i stopped playing... only gave it a week or two and didnt go back despite the updates lol... the last GT where i was committed to was GT5... played that game hard...i cant wait though for GT7... that game will copped on day 1.... i still need to preorder
Same for me. I've only done online racing a handful of times. Just not my thing.
I've pretty much done all the Campaign races in GT Sport (except for the endurance ones)...
The fact that Polyphony had to go back and add Campaign races to GT Sport just showed that there's still a big market/demand for this mode in the game.

nah, this pandemic is pretty much a dream come true scenario for certain businesses. Sony is practically milking every remaining ounce left of the PS4. whatever leftover parts they have for the PS4 pretty much came to life and commands a certain price and demand rather than it depreciating. it's not because Sony can't produce but rather Sony choose to hold production as they see the resurgence of the the PS4 in the market. it's more like the PS4 is in fashion again.

Pandemic is only a dream if you can get the hardware out to people because software is where you make the money and the PS5 is the trojan horse for it. That's why they can afford to sell it without a profit or even a loss initially and be back in profit after the user buys a game. It was the perfect storm for the Switch because its using older components so no shortages and its mid cycle so the assembly line would've been going brrrrrr. That in combination with software like Pokemon and Animal Crossing was the perfect dream scenario.

Sony has been winding down production of the PS4. PS4 Pro got killed a while ago and If you check their quarterly PS4 sales have been trending down with no price cut. They were ready to stop production.

Halting PS5s to produce PS4 is going backwards. PS5 games cost more than PS4 games so why would Sony want to make less money. PS4 games work on PS5 so PS5 has a bigger library because it can play both PS4 and PS5 games.

Then you have exclusive titles and PSVR2 coming which requires the PS5 so why would Sony hold back. They want the PS5 in as much hands as possible so that PS5 exclusive games like Ratchet and Clank and Returnal and future titles have a bigger install base. As for PSVR2, it breaks the cost because buying a PS5 and PSVR2 at the same time will probably be $900 so you want PS5 in households before PSVR2 hits.

They didn't release a few PS5's. PS5 is the fastest selling console in history. It beat the PS4 which had the previous record.

Demand is outstripping supply.

Series X is not readily available. Readily available means seeing it in store shelves and being able to order one online anytime from Amazon. Only Series S is readily available in Europe because Europe is PlayStation land. Maybe Asia too but not sure.

The chip shortages is real. Pandemic makes things worse and console manufacturers now have to compete with car manufacturers because cars are now using the same semi-conductor components. Tesla even has AMD APUs in their new cars which means less for consoles.

Sony and Microsoft get their chips from AMD who gets it fabricated from TSMC. All of them have said there are shortages which will go on for a while so no other choice but to release old stuff. Nvidia does this all the time since they have to deal with cryptominers as well.

i actually prefer the campaign and dont care for online... when i copped GT sport and it didnt have campaign i stopped playing... only gave it a week or two and didnt go back despite the updates lol... the last GT where i was committed to was GT5... played that game hard...i cant wait though for GT7... that game will copped on day 1.... i still need to preorder

GT5 was also the last one I put in a lot of time.
Those Vettel challenges were the only things keeping me from the plat. I don't know how they expected us to beat the times of a F1 champion in a car like that. :lol:

Same for me. I've only done online racing a handful of times. Just not my thing.

Don't blame you. With the FIA involved they might start changing rules mid-race.

GT5 was also the last one I put in a lot of time.
Those Vettel challenges were the only things keeping me from the plat. I don't know how they expected us to beat the times of a F1 champion in a car like that. :lol:
That thing was impossible (for me) to drive anywhere close to the limit.

That thing was impossible (for me) to drive anywhere close to the limit.

All I could get was a bronze for each of the 3 trials and even those took me a day each.

This was ridiculous :lol:
Isn't there another GT Vision car which is just as fast as this as well. Basiclaly playing at 1.75x speed

I'm tempted to plug in the PS3 and attempt this again but the loading times might get to me.

I feel like this is being done partly cuz the ps5 is still difficult to purchase by the masses.

Hard to move forward with next gen when not enough even have it.
PS5 has sold more in the same time frame compared to PS4. Sucks that people can’t get them but there are more than PS5s in the wild for us to move on. For those who don’t have a PS5, the games will be cheaper when they do get one :lol:

I mean you just have to honestly look at the situation. The chip shortage, plus the fact that Covid made it where most releases were online so bots just ate **** up like they do with any release on the internet. Is why it’s difficult to get a ps5. Not that Sony just hasn’t been making enough.

This is clear. And honestly a little extra effort and you can get one. Each of my Friends have one and none of us played resale. **** my lil bro got one and he just signed up on ps direct. If they were able to put them in stores to begin with things would be different imo.

Sorry for Noob questions, Have a PS5, intrigued in VR2 when it drops:

I still don’t understand all this VR stuff and never tried it so i sorry if I sound dumb:

I kmow Sony’s VR will be heavy focused on gaming With VR2 but with VR2 will
You still have access to the other VR entertainment stuff like watch NBA games/Nfl etc off it like you can on the Oculus? Or watching netflix like you in a movie theater?

What about all this metaverse stuff, can you get to it or you need the Oculus joint?

Sorry for Noob questions, Have a PS5, intrigued in VR2 when it drops:

I still don’t understand all this VR stuff and never tried it so i sorry if I sound dumb:

I kmow Sony’s VR will be heavy focused on gaming With VR2 but with VR2 will
You still have access to the other VR entertainment stuff like watch NBA games/Nfl etc off it like you can on the Oculus? Or watching netflix like you in a movie theater?

What about all this metaverse stuff, can you get to it or you need the Oculus joint?

PS4 had non gaming VR apps but not as much as what you will get on the PC.
I do think we will see more non gaming apps on PS5 though because PSVR2 is a big jump tech wise and its using similar tech to newer headsets.

PSVR had the movie theater mode where you can set the screen size to be max of around 150 inches so you could play normal games or watch Netflix on a big screen. The resolution bump in the new one should make it look better too since its basically 4K so we might get bigger virtual screen sizes

Metaverse stuff is early. Sony was actually ahead of the game with PS Home on PS3. All the stuff home could do or said will eventually do like display your plat Trophies in your virtual apartment is what a lot of Metaverse applications are building now with NFTs. Unless PSVR2 works on PC, Oculus will be the better buy for Metaverse apps but its far out so I would just wait.

Sony will only be bringing one headset per generation whereas Meta/Facebook release more often so you might be better off with a newer headset when Metaverse apps get more fleshed out.

Had anyone porches of the psn store before? I have a $50 gc and wanted to see if what I purchased is a physical copy or digital. It doesn't really say.

Tia

was able to dive back in to the FF7R.
Man this game is :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Had some reservations about how the story is going but let that go
because it is def a remake. Just happens to be to a GOAT game

On Chapter 13 I think and like the last 4 boss fights were all epic in their own right.

Aerith, you the real MVP
If she's not in the party I do a ton of physical switching to each character.
If she is, I just main her and control everyone else through her

I'm hoping this and then that Yuffie episode can carry me until HFW drops

PS4 had non gaming VR apps but not as much as what you will get on the PC.
I do think we will see more non gaming apps on PS5 though because PSVR2 is a big jump tech wise and its using similar tech to newer headsets.

PSVR had the movie theater mode where you can set the screen size to be max of around 150 inches so you could play normal games or watch Netflix on a big screen. The resolution bump in the new one should make it look better too since its basically 4K so we might get bigger virtual screen sizes

Metaverse stuff is early. Sony was actually ahead of the game with PS Home on PS3. All the stuff home could do or said will eventually do like display your plat Trophies in your virtual apartment is what a lot of Metaverse applications are building now with NFTs. Unless PSVR2 works on PC, Oculus will be the better buy for Metaverse apps but its far out so I would just wait.

Sony will only be bringing one headset per generation whereas Meta/Facebook release more often so you might be better off with a newer headset when Metaverse apps get more fleshed out.
Thanks for the. Info

This a decent headset? Making a trip to town and not too educated on them. Don’t need something top of the line but want a decent one
7C36E61C-490E-48F2-A2B5-1566DB4A8824.png

Back
Top Bottom