The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sony didn’t give a damn about the Vita :smh:

No one cared. :lol:
Players left for mobile, Sony western divisions dipped early and it didn't really get the support from third party that the PSP got.

Sony did try at launch though. Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Hot Shots Golf and Gravity Rush all at launch plus a load of third party titles like UMVC3.
Still one of the best launch lineups but when Monster Hunter went to the 3DS it was GGs.

Such a shame. My favourite handheld but I've not being a Switch or Steam deck for a long time.

Let's hope they don't go the handheld route again.

They won't and I'm glad. Let them focus on VR.
Valve and Nintendo can do the handheld thing. People don't want watered down versions of Sony 1st party titles.

The worst part about the Vita was the proprietary memory cards.
the Vita was a product that Sony doesn't know what to do with it. tried to copy Apple with their propriety b.s.
abandoned the system when it became apparent that it was getting spanked around by the 3DS.
a superior product that didn't live to the hype.

the embarrassing thing is I was hyped about the vita and went to the midnight launch at my local GameStop and was literally the only one there... it was sad really lol

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

the Vita was a product that Sony doesn't know what to do with it. tried to copy Apple with their propriety b.s.
abandoned the system when it became apparent that it was getting spanked around by the 3DS.
a superior product that didn't live to the hype.

Sony had proprietary formats long before Apple. PSP used the UMD drive and a Pro Duo Memory stick which Sony also used for their cameras and walkmans etc.
You had betamax and minidisc as well even way back when. That's why I don't think the memory card was a big issue in the grand scheme.

It was the end of the dedicated handheld. People didn't want another device in their pockets when their phones were now powerful enough to play games that could pass the time. Western studios also fell off handhelds before the Vita came out and Sony's first party titles didn't translate well to a handheld like Nintendo's titles so it was always doomed to fail. Nail in the coffin was when the Japanese third party studios didn't pick up the slack.

DS beat the PSP by a lot but the PSP sold 80 million. The 3DS with Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Mario Kart and all still sold less than the PSP.
Dedicated handhelds were dying which is why Nintendo merged their divisions and went Hybrid and Sony called it a day.

Sony had proprietary formats long before Apple. PSP used the UMD drive and a Pro Duo Memory stick which Sony also used for their cameras and walkmans etc.
You had betamax and minidisc as well even way back when. That's why I don't think the memory card was a big issue in the grand scheme.

It was the end of the dedicated handheld. People didn't want another device in their pockets when their phones were now powerful enough to play games that could pass the time. Western studios also fell off handhelds before the Vita came out and Sony's first party titles didn't translate well to a handheld like Nintendo's titles so it was always doomed to fail. Nail in the coffin was when the Japanese third party studios didn't pick up the slack.

DS beat the PSP by a lot but the PSP sold 80 million. The 3DS with Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Mario Kart and all still sold less than the PSP.
Dedicated handhelds were dying which is why Nintendo merged their divisions and went Hybrid and Sony called it a day.
hybrid makes sense. you don't want your console to be sitting only in your home and you don't want your handheld device too small, downgraded titles and underpowered for playing high spec games. hate to say this but smartphone video gaming is not really video gaming.

the 3DS and 2DS/N3DS of the DS console were nearing it's end of it's run before they came out with the Switch. I was thinking I should have sold my device a long time ago. but that's ok.

Playing DeS remake blind (never played the og) and getting absolutely obliterated on the lord’s path and subsequent boss. I really didn’t want to look up stuff regarding builds, items, and progression but things feel too tough and like I need to farm. It’s strange because everyone else told me this would be easy and had me not expecting this much of a challenge after beating a bunch of other from games.

A handheld that works with the console seamlessly (and can act as another controller) is what somebody needs to do.

Kept thinking that'd be Apple.

Back
Top Bottom