The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody is being forced to buy remasters and remakes. If they don’t sell, Sony (or any other publisher/developer) won’t make them. Simple.

That said, it’s definitely wild if Sony thinks we need a HZD remake. Jim Ryan era folks :lol:

Man
I'm one of the biggest HZD fans and I don't even want this.
Was totally down for a PS5 launch version
or even a version packaged in with the sequel.
Now??? Naw, and they gonna make it a tentpole "PS5 exclusive"
I feel like we lost a PS5 exclusive with this TLOU1 release

They really gonna hit us with a "built from the ground up" again
Some dev gonna tweet this isn't just some normal port
and then they gonna charge $70

My PS6 PS+ collection gonna be bonkers though

GOW 2018 next

Last edited:
I haven’t had played Part I yet but will pick up on a sale. That’s just because I think TLOU is one of the best game games of all-time. I won’t do the same for HZD.

I know for the hardcore PS gamer these remakes don’t make any sense but when you look at some of these marquee titles and when they released, you’ll realize that there are people who are now grown and never experienced these titles. If I’ve been playing on PS5 for the last 2 years, I’d rather experience those games on PS5, not PS4. I know many will say the upgrades don’t justify $70 but they do for some. I played TLOU Remastered with stay lurkin stay lurkin a few couple years back and it definitely felt dated. It was still good but it’s not something I’d play over a PS5 game. There’s a market for these remakes.

I haven’t had played Part I yet but will pick up on a sale. That’s just because I think TLOU is one of the best game games of all-time. I won’t do the same for HZD.

I know for the hardcore PS gamer these remakes don’t make any sense but when you look at some of these marquee titles and when they released, you’ll realize that there are people who are now grown and never experienced these titles. If I’ve been playing on PS5 for the last 2 years, I’d rather experience those games on PS5, not PS4. I know many will say the upgrades don’t justify $70 but they do for some. I played TLOU Remastered with stay lurkin stay lurkin a few couple years back and it definitely felt dated. It was still good but it’s not something I’d play over a PS5 game. There’s a market for these remakes.

If someone were really interested in playing either game, they would have done so for free since both are in the PS collection...

I’m not mad at the RE2, RE3, or RE4 remakes (now I’m curious if they’ll do part 5 or 6). They’re still making new RE/Biohazards.

Remastering Windwaker or Twilight Princess on Switch.

But Sony wild lol. They’re acting like TLOU or Horizon aren’t on PS4…benefit by performance improvements on PS5, etc. Why not remake Jak and Daxter? Make a new Sly Cooper game? Twisted Metal!! Or make a new property? Horizon literally came out five years ago. They released it on PC last year. Everytime they make a sequel, it’s a license to remake the previous game?

If someone were really interested in playing either game, they would have done so for free since both are in the PS collection...
Not true. For some people, PS5 is their first Sony console. They may or may not want to play PS4 games. You also assume everybody subscribes to PS+. That’s also not true.

There are some people out there who aren’t tapped in with gaming forums, IGN, Twitch etc. Those casuals buy a PS5 and expect to play PS5 games. You got people out there who don’t even know you can play PS4 games on PS5 :lol:

I know gaming is a business but regardless, what a waste of resources to remake HZD. A waste of human labor, thought, even electricity. Entertainment companies have always milked successful IPs but I feel like we’re currently in the most egregious high budget age of it. From high budget tv shows based on successful IPs, Disney milking marvel and Star Wars dry, to this very unnecessary remake. The current playing it safe production model is fans like (IP) so let’s give them never-ending (IP) and we’re guaranteed to make good return on our investment because these plebs will eat it up.

I think a piece that plays in to it is the quick turn around.

Updated existing assets is easier than developing new ones. I've said it before, COVID threw off a lot of these gravy trains companies had working for them. Now they are looking to capitalize on as much profit for as little investment as possible to scrape back some of that.

When your personal bonus is based on company profits, you start to care less about the consumer unfortunately.

I for one dislike the "remakes".
Most of those titles are fine in it's previous iteration.
I'm sure it doesn't take a lot of work for them to do, so it's a good way for them to squeeze money.
But if they are doing remakes, I'd prefer them do older titles from PS1-3 like spiderjericho spiderjericho was referencing.

At least there, you can see a substantial improvement in graphics and hopefully gameplay.

PO

I wonder if we can infer that sales for TLOU1 Remake are high if they are moving forward with the HZD 1 remake.

Well if we go off this article (UK sales?), I don't think it did too well.

PO

Someone mentioned Disney and probably their cartoon to live action/CGI remakes. I for one would welcome a remake or Snydercut of the last trilogy and Obiwan. Obiwan just came out but I’m okay with that.

Sony wilding. How about VR Jumping Flash?

How about VR Wipe Out?

How about Drive Club Horizon? How about an original JRPG? Cash in on a new Smash clone (though they don’t have the characters and would have to license from others)?

Dark Souls?

Buy Toshinden and make a new one.

Make a new FPS franchise to counter CoD/Activision.

Jeez.

GOWR Main story is about 20 hours
Side quest another 20

God of War Ragnarok is around 40 hours in length, Insider Gaming has learned. It's understood that the entire experience is around 40 hours, with 20 hours needed to complete the game's main story.

Sources have said that around 3 and a half hours of the 20 hours played will be cinematic scenes, with the remaining 16 and a half hours for gameplay.

The other 20 hours of game time is to complete all of the additional side quests, with around 19 hours dedicated to gameplay and an additional 1 hour of cinematics.

Of course, these numbers are just estimates and will vary wildly depending on your playstyle.

Back
Top Bottom