The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1699663200041.gif

I don't care about skill level I care about having fun :lol: You wanna dodge and parry the same 3 enemies and listen to a kid talk all game be my guest

I'm obviously in the minority so it's whatever.

Ehh, I didnt have fun playing any of the original trilogy. I think almost everyone will agree that the reboot is better than the original series.

There's definitely people out there who prefer the OG GOW trilogy. I am not one of them.

Wild and bad take. Some people just like hack and slash games like god of war, bayonetta and devil may cry. And if you were just button smashing that’s on you for playing the game that way. there are combos and a move list for a reason

Wild and bad take. Some people just like hack and slash games like god of war, bayonetta and devil may cry. And if you were just button smashing that’s on you for playing the game that way. there are combos and a move list for a reason

See... that's where you messing up tho, because the OG GoW shouldn't even compared to Bayonetta, DMC or Ninja Gaiden... all of those games (except for DMC2) are on a whole other level than the old GoW games. They changed for a reason.... they were shallow as ****, move lists or not. I saw this as an action game fan that literally owns every single games in all of those series.

Hold up. You think OG GOW is a better action game than Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden?

Interesting.

EYE still haven't played GTA V and I've had it on PS4 and PS5. :lol: :smh:

I’m playing it right now. I have a day 1 release for PS3, a ps4 copy, and I’m playing the ps5 version. I decided better play it before it comes out on PS6. This and Skyrim are the games I have too many versions of.

1699663200041.gif

I don't care about skill level I care about having fun :lol: You wanna dodge and parry the same 3 enemies and listen to a kid talk all game be my guest

I'm obviously in the minority so it's whatever.

Won’t even lie, there are definitely parts of the new games where I wish we could just mute Atreus. I don’t need that constant teenage angst in my ears

Hold up. You think OG GOW is a better action game than Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden?

Interesting.
On par. Gow 3 being the best of the og. Story wise it’s the best. and let’s not act like bayonetta didn’t have goofy chapters as well. That chapter near the end when it turned into a 3D shoot ‘em up almost made me put the game down but I was too close to the end already. And I love shoot ‘em ups probably my most played genre the last 2 years or so.

Teardown and tutorial on how to setup w the disc drive,
also includes noise comparisons between the OG and slim
amongst other things

Last edited:
Only played a couple hours of Ragnarok (gonna get back to it after SM2) but I will say I prefer the boss battles in the original trilogy over the 2018 GOW.

Only played a couple hours of Ragnarok (gonna get back to it after SM2) but I will say I prefer the boss battles in the original trilogy over the 2018 GOW.

The boss fights was one of the main gripes people had with GOW 2018.

Outside of 1 or 2 unique bosses you just fought a bunch of variations of trolls.

Lot more diversity in Ragnarok when it comes to the boss fights.

The combat system in the new GoW games is pretty lacking IMO. Specifically the transitioning to new targets seems so clunky and old fashioned.

My take on the GOW discussion since I platinum'd all the games I think.
If ANY of the GOW's are not played on Hard or above, they aren't really challenging at all tbh.

The newer ones have definitely redefined the series & I enjoyed them a lot.
But the first 3 were very challenging and required skill if you played them on the higher/titan difficulties. I can't remember all the parts since these games came out almost 15+ years ago but there were certain parts like the Clone war, Theasus battle, GOW 3 dog fight, Inner Sanctum etc.

No way in hell any of those in particular can be beat by button mashing on Titan difficulties. It was absolutely frustrating.

PO

Back
Top Bottom