**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-02/how-ralph-lauren-plans-to-be-cool-again

Good read..talks about its new business model and the revamping of the stadium,snowbeach and other old lines as part of their strategy to start being profitable again
"In recent years, Ralph Lauren has pushed all sorts of different labels. There’s Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren, Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Lauren Ralph Lauren and Double RL. There was even something called Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren, but that was discontinued."

Cant put my finger on it but this sentence pissed me off

damn, how he selling at $300 and still making $? Some of these guys on IG regularly selling new stuff for below msrp... They got a "at-cost" hookup or something?

Employee disco is 50% off . Sometimes it’s stackable with other sales going on . Do the math on a $399 jacket , half off . You can sell at 25% off and still make a nice profit on big ticket items .
I use to be fortunate to have my brother in-law working for Ralph . That employee site is a thing of beauty . But I’m getting too deep .....

"In recent years, Ralph Lauren has pushed all sorts of different labels. There’s Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren, Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Lauren Ralph Lauren and Double RL. There was even something called Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren, but that was discontinued."

Cant put my finger on it but this sentence pissed me off

Probably the authors condescending douche Perspective

D&S was cool for what it was, but I never really rocked with it. It just seemed like a watered down Ralph. Although they did have some dope pieces it felt like something you'd see at UO lol, but now they're even selling Polo. Plus after seeing them cancel Rugby with the success it had, you already knew D&S was a quick pop up sub-brand that wasn't going to last long. Not even going to get started on the loyalist POV. I remember the arguments in here with the OG's disdain over Rugby lol smh.

I like that they carried over some of the better D&S motifs to blue label. Some D&S designs were okay but the quality was poor and fit was inconsistent.

watered down RL brand?

how about American Living by Ralph Lauren... That's what his jcpenny line was called, rt?
Yeah it was American Living,they have been a lot of watered down lines.
American Living
Lauren By Ralph Lauren
D&S
Rugby
Chaps
I'm sure I've missed one too.

D&S jeans are straight and in my opinion the lines strongest commodity. Got a few tees & an army shirt as well not the best quality. D&S had nice ideas for some of their tops but they OD’d with the flags & Indian heads for a minute. And a lot of tops had an overall cheap feel. They occasionally had some fire jackets but I won’t miss D&S that much at all.

D&S jeans are straight and in my opinion the lines strongest commodity. Got a few tees & an army shirt as well not the best quality. D&S had nice ideas for some of their tops but they OD’d with the flags & Indian heads for a minute. And a lot of tops had an overall cheap feel. They occasionally had some fire jackets but I won’t miss D&S that much at all.
I did like a lot of the jackets, I liked some of the flannels too,but you're right about the quality,the flannels I got were soft but thin as hell.They've held up pretty well though despite being thin.

Yeah it was American Living,they have been a lot of watered down lines.
American Living
Lauren By Ralph Lauren
D&S
Rugby
Chaps
I'm sure I've missed one too.

I agree with almost everything mentioned here but did you just call Rugby a...watered...down...brand?
25A07369-A752-452A-BD24-165875D5FC3C.gif

jk:rofl:

D&S always seemed like RRL’s red headed stepchild to me. Just with a price point for a younger demo. I’m happy to see the soul of Rugby live on through blue label and even Purple Label ($2.5K for the souvenir jacket though?)

The biggest takeaway is that the best designs from the defunct labels are extremely durable and can be easily injected into current lines like we’re seeing with RLX (2018 fashion show), Rugby, Black Label, etc.

I agree with almost everything mentioned here but did you just call Rugby a...watered...down...brand?
25A07369-A752-452A-BD24-165875D5FC3C.gif

jk:rofl:

D&S always seemed like RRL’s red headed stepchild to me. Just with a price point for a younger demo. I’m happy to see the soul of Rugby live on through blue label and even Purple Label ($2.5K for the souvenir jacket though?)

The biggest takeaway is that the best designs from the defunct labels are extremely durable and can be easily injected into current lines like we’re seeing with RLX (2018 fashion show), Rugby, Black Label, etc.
Nahh I didn't mean Rugby haha and Chaps had a few nice pieces back in the day when the Ralph Lauren branding was more prominent,I'm not even sure if it's still an RL company?

Nahh I didn't mean Rugby haha and Chaps had a few nice pieces back in the day when the Ralph Lauren branding was more prominent,I'm not even sure if it's still an RL company?
Pretty sure Ralph removed his name from Chaps over a decade ago. Chaps did have a few gems during its existence with RL.

Thanks for the info.. I was thinking about getting the yellow bar crest in black too smh

Were the bars longer or the same as they were for the holiday release?

Same as before but I think it hits the sides on woman’s and men’s s/xs but I did notice that the sharpness is hit and miss,ive seen crisp to blurry mess (crest I’m talking the other designs I pay no mind).I would recommend being there in store personally if possible to say nay or nay cause you need to have it in hand to see it before you pay your money(if I had to order these shirts I would not even bother) .I shut them down always when they are like we can ship it to you cause we don’t know how long it’s going to take....nope I’ll wait thank you.I’m in store for a item that’s in stock and takes 15 mins to do at the most, It’s not a bespoke suit so why are you tying to get me to etther wait all day or Order(!?)

If it ralph it’s all relative.this separates the collectors from the rockers.every one of his lines has duds along w/ things of beauty.
Funny how heads make fun of let’s use the jc penny line American living.There logo was the same as the eagle and flag that is so popular now cause why!? Rightttttt. The Lauren line to me has some of the best accessories for lady’s or a good day to day go to top coat for example.i see a lot of monkey see monkey do and the only reason a lot of these new polo enthusiasts/Johnny/Jinny come latelys even pay this or anything for that matter is they are sheep and move w/ the crowd instead of moving the crowd. You can’t not buy style you have to born with it.style can not be manufactured but it can be cultivated. Again if it’s ralph it’s all relative.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ I've bought stuff from the Lauren line before,all the wild pattern/color blazers and suits catch my eye.They are always on sale,and for the price the quality is better than similar priced items you find elsewhere like H&M, Express, etc.

Now dudes tryna call out RL for "racism"? :lol:
He might not really care for us, but this is much more of a hypebeast/reseller/image issue.

IMG_3093.PNG

Back
Top Bottom