**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Now dudes tryna call out RL for "racism"? :lol:
He might not really care for us, but this is much more of a hypebeast/reseller/image issue.

IMG_3093.PNG

That’s a touchy subject IMO. Idk if it’s racism or dudes being thirst for the sake of being thirst and not know how to act as adults. Prince St store is in a pretty affluent neighborhood and I’m pretty sure ppl who live there don’t want a bunch of young (I use that term loosely) men camping on the sidewalk for nights outside their 7-figure condos. If that’s what they’re referring to then I’d say it’s not “racist”. As for “making” ppl wait and line up for releases that’s not racist that’s a personal choice.

I feel like the Lo Store employees are more condescending than any corporate policy. A few times on Madison Ave Mansion I’ve had to check a couple of them dudes and it won’t even be the employees you’d think too. So it doesn’t have to do with race or skin tone. If you know what I mean.

He might not really care for us, but this is much more of a hypebeast/reseller/image issue.

IMG_3093.PNG

lol man dont no body need that old man to "care for us". His job (well the company) is to make good clothes and not goof up consumer interactions.

That’s a touchy subject IMO. Idk if it’s racism or dudes being thirst for the sake of being thirst and not know how to act as adults. Prince St store is in a pretty affluent neighborhood and I’m pretty sure ppl who live there don’t want a bunch of young (I use that term loosely) men camping on the sidewalk for nights outside their 7-figure condos. If that’s what they’re referring to then I’d say it’s not “racist”. As for “making” ppl wait and line up for releases that’s not racist that’s a personal choice.

I feel like the Lo Store employees are more condescending than any corporate policy. A few times on Madison Ave Mansion I’ve had to check a couple of them dudes and it won’t even be the employees you’d think too. So it doesn’t have to do with race or skin tone. If you know what I mean.

A lot of these brands with "prestige" have weirdo elitist employees. This is why I don't patronize these businesses and stick to Online when it comes to this stuff.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that post-Snow Beach, this thread has become one of my favorites to frequent on the site. A lot of yaull were nice about questions and information and stayed incredibly pleasant throughout the release. I appreciate those of yaull that were cool to those of us that don't frequent the thread often and the amount of information available here is pretty outstanding. Congrats to those that got what they wanted, and thanks again for the hospitality.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that post-Snow Beach, this thread has become one of my favorites to frequent on the site. A lot of yaull were nice about questions and information and stayed incredibly pleasant throughout the release. I appreciate those of yaull that were cool to those of us that don't frequent the thread often and the amount of information available here is pretty outstanding. Congrats to those that got what they wanted, and thanks again for the hospitality.
"Is that ****ing Foley in here?!"

A lot of these brands with "prestige" have weirdo elitist employees. This is why I don't patronize these businesses and stick to Online when it comes to this stuff.

For real. I remember going to the Louis store for the first time at 19 and this **** head employee following me everywhere. Any item i picked up to look at it he was there like "you know that costs $____"

Ended up paying cash for a belt and left. ****ing *******

Oh... you wanna' be racist but Black people are highkey saving your company

It's time to RACK full stores and factory outlets

Wear SKI MASKS

go for the RRL and them print machines

IMG_3093.PNG
I dont know why but LOLIFENEWS makes me :rofl:
Anyway D&S had some great shorts that I still own and wear regularly. They held up great over the years and I was glad when Macy's had a specified lay out for them on their floor. I just wish they would of invested more in their denim selections. Given its name I thought we would get a variety of selections (selvage for example) but I never saw anything too different from their other jeans.

Took a day trip to Woodbury and got a couple pieces from Polo store but the steal of the day was at the Ralph Lauren Collection store (didn’t even know they had this). Picked up a couple books, tweed slacks and my girl got some leather pants. All 50% off plus an extra 30% and Nathan was the best sales associate!! Cool *** older gentleman who offered up some good advice and conversation.

Pics to come later

D&S jeans are straight and in my opinion the lines strongest commodity. Got a few tees & an army shirt as well not the best quality. D&S had nice ideas for some of their tops but they OD’d with the flags & Indian heads for a minute. And a lot of tops had an overall cheap feel. They occasionally had some fire jackets but I won’t miss D&S that much at all.
Yah D&S was def decent. I had a few pieces throughout the years. Always hit mega sales too

Employee disco is 50% off . Sometimes it’s stackable with other sales going on . Do the math on a $399 jacket , half off . You can sell at 25% off and still make a nice profit on big ticket items .
I use to be fortunate to have my brother in-law working for Ralph . That employee site is a thing of beauty . But I’m getting too deep .....
Employee discount is not 50% off on the reg. No employee only site. There's F&F sales with stackable sales for sure though.

Employee discount is not 50% off on the reg. No employee only site. There's F&F sales with stackable sales for sure though.
From what I remember when my wife worked for RL a few of years ago, the discount was 50% off reg price and 40% off sale stuff. Probably twice a year they would get a 60-65% off for a few days. And the employee site was basically a login which brought you to the regular RL site with the discount taken off when you add to cart. I definitely was depressed when she decided to leave RL for a better paying job lol

re: The New Yorker article, I particularly thought this paragraph was worth noting...
"Over the past six months, Ralph Lauren’s retroed versions of other Stadium and Snow Beach-era pieces have received mixed reviews. Some of the clothes have been modified: a graphic-heavy jacket received puffer panels; a taffeta hood got attached to a crested knit sweater. These pieces have their defenders, but there were also grumblings among ardent Polo fans that the company should have hewn closer to the original designs."
Obvioiusly, they're specifically referencing the Retro Active Ski 92 Gilet and Sui Knit '17 pieces but aside from tthat, I'm kinda astounded a publication such as this would pick up on these very things discussed at length in this very forum!

Back
Top Bottom