**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Thanks for getting back to me, 50.

PMiddy - One thing to remember is inflation. Relative to the time, the 295 price isn't all that far off from the price of pat Bears. Rugbys that go for 145 or 160 now would have been priced at 98 in the same time period you are talking about.

Agreed, inflation does make a difference....$295 isnt too bad however considering they don't make them too often

Last edited:
Btw guys 25% off at the Ralph Lauren website starts today on fall 2013

Last edited:
Anyone looking to do heavy shopping on RL website, I'm talking an order of 10 items or more, or an expensive order with less items, hit me up for assistance, I can help save you guys some money around the holidays. 8)

What's expensive I'm looking at 5k already

2 leathers , 2 chinos, 2 pair of denim, them jodlpher boots

Went past Marshalls last night and picked up the Black Rugby Cardigan with the leather elbow patches.
Also saw this vest in a Large $100

i don't think it's worth $295 + tax... ny tax which is a killer.. but I will grab on discount. At 300 plus I would just grab a 92 or 01 sweater and be much more satisfied.

So there it is. Is the bear gonna drop only on the site or in stores also?
I posted this sweater in green a couple of pages back and people knocked me for purchasing it. now that there's some kind of hype behind the sweater people cant wait to cop. I wish they would try a different style of teedybear

i don't think it's worth $295 + tax... ny tax which is a killer.. but I will grab on discount. At 300 plus I would just grab a 92 or 01 sweater and be much more satisfied.

Agreed. The thing is a lot of the newer heads don't realize that we didn't pay retail for basically anything back in the day. Even totally ignoring boosting, nearly every sought after piece was available below retail or in outllets. Even in the early ebay days, steals were to be had. It's just a funny sort of calibration, how if I bought this sweater for retail - which I probably will when all is said and done - I'll have other sweaters that are "worth" twice as much, but for which I paid a third of what this will cost.

My recommendation is get as many as you can on disco and flip them to the young bucks for over retail. ...And, grab me a XXL while you're at it. :tongue:

If they're going to bring back the bear, what I could really use are some more scarfs.

This will evaporate on site.

You ain't never lied!

I posted this sweater in green a couple of pages back and people knocked me for purchasing it. now that there's some kind of hype behind the sweater people cant wait to cop. I wish they would try a different style of teedybear

I'm still shocked they voted on that one. Though, I'll probably be purchasing if I can get this insider disc.

I don't see why people will knock it, it's cool that you have the green one because there are not too many bear knits in green. I got red, blue, cream, burgundy but no green

Back
Top Bottom