**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

256...:x

Those polos look good, especially the blue polo player bear. Im going to need to see a sweater in wool or cashmere to climb on the bearwagon.

Y'all can laugh if you want, Supa has thrown away more classic Lo than 99% of the people in this thread have or will ever touch.

There are certainly deals here and there to be found on the bay, but I dispute the argument being advanced here. First off, graphic print Bear hoodies aren't plentiful on ebay, and if you get them for less than 3-digits on ebay, you're getting lucky. I've seen standard Bear hats go for $100 recently. And, most graphic bear non-hooded sweatshirts are getting over $100 on ebay. So, I'm not sure exactly what is being posited as a potential alternate haul for $256. Maybe you could provide citations.

The other thing to remember is that this is all stuff that's NWT straight out of Macys. I see people spending good money on the Bay on stained pieces with San Andreas fault sized cracks in the graphics, etc. I see dudes thinking they are getting steals when they are really just buying somebody else's garbage. ...And don't get me wrong, not all my stuff is pristine. I've worn plenty of my pieces into the ground or stained them, etc. But, that's from my own wear (and drunkenness) .

I don't think anyone was clowning him. That Pac GIF seemed like a weird way of saying "nice come up" :lol:

I don't think anyone was clowning him. That Pac GIF seemed like a weird way of saying "nice come up" :lol:

yea, i dont think anyone was clowing ref...

No I def wasn't I was actually bigging him up for that price tag

My bad - Dude on the previous page was clowning. So, with that in my mind, I interpreted the gif as others piling on. In that case, my comment only applies to dude from the previous page.

sounds like he got robbed. you could of surfed eBay and got two vintage bear hoodys and a long sleeve shirt  with the teddy bear logo for that price.

Most of the stuff on the Bay isn't legit.. And if it is it is waaaay more than $200 so i don't see where ill cop 2 hoodies and a long sleeve tee for that price if you find it ill buy it for you... Paypal is ready.

think so? if so, link me.......
but for real, the polos and oxfords are 98, hoodies 125, not sure bout the pullovers.
if u did get all them for 256 ref, get at me

Those are the exact prices so i pretty much saved $65

@bigsupa
Is that black martini bear a s/s polo?

Yes it's a S/S polo
arms are gonna be tight if you have biceps..

And yes i have pretty much thrown away or used outfits to paint my house in. If i would have known there was a demand for some of my vintage stuff i would have kept it.

For example... I know some of ya would kill for this vest..

Point is I've been on this since the mid 90's seeing some of these bears pop up is more of a nostalgic pick up. I am reunited with them from years past. My kids wear what ever the can find in my closet or storage. The way the bears are set up now its even better for me in a more professional way cuz they not too loud. There not tiny like the OG horse and not OD BIG like the big pony!

sounds like he got robbed. you could of surfed eBay and got two vintage bear hoodys and a long sleeve shirt  with the teddy bear logo for that price.

i love how dudes want to correlate brand new polo stuff in department stores with "vintage polo this and that" on ebay. show me what he could've spent it on ebay. aren't you the same dude who bought a green executive bear on ebay then asked here like you're shook for a legit check?

then when the new bear dropped, some of ya'll were like
"oh for the price of the new polo bear sweater, i'd rather get the 1992 bear on ebay"

well, did you get the 1992 bear on ebay? why you just buying the 1992 bear now? they have been on ebay forever. same goes for "vintage polo this & that" on ebay. why you just buying the vintage polo on ebay now? they have been on ebay forever.

i swear, i would make a lot of you dudes salty with what i have bought with $256 on ebay. i'm talking about at least 3 power pieces all together for less than $256 that dudes would pay at least $500 for each. no humble brag, but just facts.

i realize some of you guys might be just getting into "vintage" but for dudes who didn't even experience the '90s, you're just paying the price of what those of us who did experience it.

seriously, talking about how supa spent it or any other man how he spent their money is girly.

And yes i have pretty much thrown away or used outfits to paint my house in. If i would have known there was a demand for some of my vintage stuff i would have kept it.

For example... I know some of ya would kill for this vest..

Point is I've been on this since the mid 90's seeing some of these bears pop up is more of a nostalgic pick up. I am reunited with them from years past. My kids wear what ever the can find in my closet or storage. The way the bears are set up now its even better for me in a more professional way cuz they not too loud. There not tiny like the OG horse and not OD BIG like the big pony!

I see you Supa. I remember you came in here and rocked the crest t-neck.

As someone who occasionally buys vintage I can say I do enjoy it but it's a whole different feel when you buy new. Being the first to wear something and build new memories in. If he is comfortable with his purchase let him be.

yea, i dont think anyone was clowing ref...

No I def wasn't I was actually bigging him up for that price tag

My bad - Dude on the previous page was clowning. So, with that in my mind, I interpreted the gif as others piling on. In that case, my comment only applies to dude from the previous page.

Oh no doubt fam I'm trying to come up like y'all honestly you know I've always been a big fan of this thread it's been golden for insightful information man so a lot of credit goes out to y'all for keeping it going this long.

Speaking of vintage Lo, I hate how oversized RL  button down shirts from the 90's are. Its literally all too big for me no matter what the size lol. Size small shirts are always more than 30" long which is ridiculous as Im about a 27/28". Im pretty much limited to kids size XL.

The greatest thing about being a collector is that not everyone is gonna have the same taste or preferences, I've been around for a while and a lot of these bear pieces are new to a lot of cats, but for me I seen this all before. I love the nostalgia feel I get from seeing RL retro item from the past, it's all good for new and old collectors. Everyone has a price, so don't judge, you work hard....get what you like

think so? if so, link me.......
but for real, the polos and oxfords are 98, hoodies 125, not sure bout the pullovers.
if u did get all them for 256 ref, get at me
I know so. macys always drop the price after a while or he will find those items at a local outlet for way cheaper.

All you have to do is check ebay on the regular. it depends on you're size and the condition of the item. most of the time if you contact the seller and give him an offer he would shed 20 to 30 bucks off the asking price

I also hear from a Macys rep that they are releasing 3 different bear sweater exclusively to Macys only.....but here's the kicker, one of the bear is the Martini....BOOM
I can confirm that one of them has already touched down for the ladies, so I will take this rumor with more consideration now.

Last edited:
i copped this hoodie from tj max for 60.

its has flannel inside the hood and the sweatshirt is grey with black thread in it so it looks like static,

pretty dope.

cant wait for more stuff to pop up for the winter, i didnt find anything this summer in my local stores.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom