**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

The sooner you realize its not a culture; its just clothing the better off you'll be.

You're the one sounding insecure that your "culture" is in danger.

To address this seriously instead of being a jerk about it...

You have to understand that there are parallel conversations going on here. To some people on here - mostly the vintage dudes, but also in a different way Superman, RRLegend, Frank Matthews, etc. - there is a very deep cultural aspect to this. One that preceded your generation and the internet, for that matter.

As a blanket statement, that culture isn't in danger ; it's been dead. It's only alive among those who lived it. Being that this a public message board, those people can talk to one another, but they also simultaneously speak to everybody who views the thread. Not everybody's posts are for everybody. There are plenty of people here for whom "it's just clothes." That's fine. I'm not mad at them. Do you.

I'll tell you what was told to me. When I first started posting in this thread, I complained that the thread in general wasn't respecting the vintage heads. It was a lot of young kids talking reckless (your original post was a perfect example) and what they were getting for it was nothing but turning off many of the most knowledgeable potential contributors to the thread. Meanwhile, other dudes mentioned that the vintage dudes were just on some elitist, dismissive steez. So, guys like Frank Matthews basically said - be the change you want to see in the thread. If you want this thread to be more of this vibe or that, take an active role in creating it. ...And, frankly (and I'm not taking credit for it or anything), I think this thread is the best its been in a while in terms of the "culture" and the "just clothes" camps coexisting peacefully and actively.

So, don't come out of nowhere just to stir the pot without contributing anything. You don't like the vibe of the thread - exert your will on it constructively or bounce.

I just need that yellow marlin n complete the button down group

Word. Short sleeve set.

There are other long sleeve colors, I believe. A khaki version. Never see it in person or its tags though - might be kids.

Does that sound familiar to you?

I'll defer to Jay if he cares to weigh in.

Yes there is a khaki one as well...there's also shorts to those Marlins as well...never.see those floating around

Word. Short sleeve set.

There are other long sleeve colors, I believe. A khaki version. Never see it in person or its tags though - might be kids.

Does that sound familiar to you?

I'll defer to Jay if he cares to weigh in.

The Khaki one is a kids version...there is also a scarf in the salmon color

To address this seriously instead of being a jerk about it...

You have to understand that there are parallel conversations going on here. To some people on here - mostly the vintage dudes, but also in a different way Superman, RRLegend, Frank Matthews, etc. - there is a very deep cultural aspect to this. One that preceded your generation and the internet, for that matter.

As a blanket statement, that culture isn't in danger ; it's been dead. It's only alive among those who lived it. Being that this a public message board, those people can talk to one another, but they also simultaneously speak to everybody who views the thread. Not everybody's posts are for everybody. There are plenty of people here for whom "it's just clothes." That's fine. I'm not mad at them. Do you.

I'll tell you what was told to me. When I first started posting in this thread, I complained that the thread in general wasn't respecting the vintage heads. It was a lot of young kids talking reckless (your original post was a perfect example) and what they were getting for it was nothing but turning off many of the most knowledgeable potential contributors to the thread. Meanwhile, other dudes mentioned that the vintage dudes were just on some elitist, dismissive steez. So, guys like Frank Matthews basically said - be the change you want to see in the thread. If you want this thread to be more of this vibe or that, take an active role in creating it. ...And, frankly (and I'm not taking credit for it or anything), I think this thread is the best its been in a while in terms of the "culture" and the "just clothes" camps coexisting peacefully and actively.

So, don't come out of nowhere just to stir the pot without contributing anything. You don't like the vibe of the thread - exert your will on it constructively or bounce.
That's cool and all but first and foremost this is a public forum and I'll state my opinion when I want to state it.

Secondly, not everyone was born in 1923 and has the 1933 collection of Ralph Lauren. This is the same thing as "og" members of nt acting all cool and thinking they're more special because they joined the site in 99.

Let it go, you "og" heads are not the gatekeepers of ralph lauren. So the 65% off sale that brought an "influx" of lo heads shouldn't matter to yall.

That's cool and all but first and foremost this is a public forum and I'll state my opinion when I want to state it.

Secondly, not everyone was born in 1923 and has the 1933 collection of Ralph Lauren. This is the same thing as "og" members of nt acting all cool and thinking they're more special because they joined the site in 99.

Let it go, you "og" heads are not the gatekeepers of ralph lauren. So the 65% off sale that brought an "influx" of lo heads shouldn't matter to yall.

Ur post D-

bips A+++ served with a side of knowledgable ether.
#rip

Last edited:
Exactly kush. I don't get this way of thinking of it's not my thing but I got a lot of nothing to say.

Seriously, I can't relate to a lot of whats posted but its like a history lesson and I like to see what inspired a lot of what has been recreated today. I respect it and it's inspiring. Buy what you like and wear it, everyone can still contribute and love is shown to dudes rocking whats old, whats new and a mix of both. Its like buying 2014 Jordans and not having a love and respect for a pair of 1985s... You should want to know the history. I don't have snow beach, pwing or a lot of whats posted and RL is still a lifestyle to me and not just a clothing line.... :smokin

Just skimming through this thread and the entitlement some of you feel is hilarious. Just wear your clothes and don't worry about who is a "lo head" or not.

Now lets keep it real. When you say "some of you", you're talking about 1, MAYBE 2 posters. Right?

Pretty much. As you said the thread has been coming along very nicely as people contribute and share visuals, opinions and knowledge on everything under the umbrella.

These last few pages have been heavy with the pics. Great stuff all around!

Man, really active. Hopefully we can keep it going nice and smooth.

Seriously, I can't relate to a lot of whats posted but its like a history lesson and I like to see what inspired a lot of what has been recreated today.

This. In a sense, looking at clothing designs, colors, and patterns is like walking through an art gallery. It was all made to be visually appealing so why not enjoy it.

Few more Canyon items.

Naunton Straw Slides. Made in Spain. $495. WHY do they say Polo?

Silver Plated Vachetta Belt. $495 Cheaper version of the Chinese New Year belt.

Seriously, I can't relate to a lot of whats posted but its like a history lesson and I like to see what inspired a lot of what has been recreated today. I respect it and it's inspiring. Buy what you like and wear it, everyone can still contribute and love is shown to dudes rocking whats old, whats new and a mix of both. Its like buying 2014 Jordans and not having a love and respect for a pair of 1985s... You should want to know the history. I don't have snow beach, pwing or a lot of whats posted and RL is still a lifestyle to me and not just a clothing line.... :smokin

Now lets keep it real. When you say "some of you", you're talking about 1, MAYBE 2 posters. Right?
Pretty much. As you said the thread has been coming along very nicely as people contribute and share visuals, opinions and knowledge on everything under the umbrella.
Man, really active. Hopefully we can keep it going nice and smooth.
This. In a sense, looking at clothing designs, colors, and patterns is like walking through an art gallery. It was all made to be visually appealing so why not enjoy it.

Few more Canyon items.

Naunton Straw Slides. Made in Spain. $495. WHY do they say Polo?

Silver Plated Vachetta Belt. $495 Cheaper version of the Chinese New Year belt.

All of the above!! He just mad cause he was never picked to play kickball with the normal kids.
Just ignore em. Moving on love that material on Those's deck shoes but have always hated that style shoe since I don't own a 50ft yacht frank.

Last edited:

Come Here Bro..
hey mane, sorry about that the celebs wearing heat thread, you know i love yur contributions so i know when i saw those k west contribrutions (and for a lot of the contributions in that thread) it was no hard feelings, sometimes i run through that thread highly intoxicated and this time i just want to show you that respect :wow:

Last edited:
that piece I showed was actually a custom, i really just wanted to copy this: 301040526563 (i have a bunch of patches before rugby went out and wanted to put the patches to use.) I chose that specific cardigan because im sure it didnt come with elbow patch and i know the one on the bay has no elbow patches.

edit: anyone else have customs with their rugby patches? (random: i hate when ppl misuse; "their", "they're", etc)

Last edited:
Man I've just decided---I loved Rugby. Like I really loved it. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't even really care for the brand unless it's a rugby piece.

I already have a lot, but I'mma just hit ebay and buy up all the decent Rugby pieces I always wanted but never bought. Denim and Supply doesn't do it for me at all, and I don't care for all the native american symbolism (just comes off like a smack in the face to me)

I loved it. :frown: :pimp:

Frank - That golf looks interesting, thanks for the info as always

The last few pages have been great, sitting back and watching the show.. dope stuff fellas!!

Extra 25% off sale ends tomorrow fyi... get your orders in!!! :smokin

this is a nice rayon collection. it's crazy i've had doubles of all of these at one time or just had at least 2 or 3 of each of these run through my hands. still have 1 of each though. 1 major rayon keeps eluding me though.

I just need that yellow marlin n complete the button down group
yellow was the hardest for me to get to complete the short sleeve set.
Word. Short sleeve set. There are other long sleeve colors, I believe. A khaki version. Never see it in person or its tags though - might be kids. I'll defer to Jay if he cares to weigh in.
Yes there is a khaki one as well...there's also shorts to those Marlins as well...never.see those floating around
The Khaki one is a kids version...there is also a scarf in the salmon color

There are women's versions of the short sleeves as well in country tags. also, there are different versions of the yellow that i've seen, in regards to pockets on the shirt and i'm not talking about the chest pocket. scarves exist with the marlin graphic, salmon yes, but i think there are other colors. long sleeves are kids (khaki), my dude has one and there are pics of me floating around standing next to him while he's wearing it. shorts exist with the marlin graphic on the leg.

another long sleeve color is out there, surprised nobody else mentioned, but it's sitting in my closet. i might flick it up sooner or later.

now that i think about it, the newer prints barely ever come in alternate color versions which makes collecting vintage polo so unique, but who really cares about this stuff? it's just clothing, right?

Seriously, I can't relate to a lot of whats posted but its like a history lesson and I like to see what inspired a lot of what has been recreated today. I respect it and it's inspiring. Buy what you like and wear it, everyone can still contribute and love is shown to dudes rocking whats old, whats new and a mix of both. Its like buying 2014 Jordans and not having a love and respect for a pair of 1985s... You should want to know the history.
Yes.

As you said the thread has been coming along very nicely as people contribute and share visuals, opinions and knowledge on everything under the umbrella.

Yes. Great pics, and the map Polo is a must. My family took a cross country road trip to the Grand canyon, painted desert, and the petrified forest when I was a kid. So much of the clothing reminds me of the landscape, the sun rises/sunsets, the native cave art, and the maps we used to travel and sightsee.

I guess there is no culture in regards to sneakers either because they are just athletic shoes for your feet.
careful Jay, this makes too much sense :lol:

Back
Top Bottom