**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

With as much rrl that I have i may need to get this

Think of it this way, is it better than any other RRL bag you have or better in materials, look and functionality?

What was South Shore like in the early 90's?
Probably like most other schools around that time. Some schools tougher then others, but in general NYC around the early 90's was pretty scary, because you could a witness and become a victim of numerous crimes in broad daylight. You could be minding your business on one block, then getting chase by goons on the next one at like 3pm.

Last edited:
nice, but i never got into these cuz the length looked too short. do they fall above the knee?
The top two are above the knee, but he bottom one fall on the knee...the top two were $15 each at Marshall's thou, couldn't pass that up

What was South Shore like in the early 90's?

my god.... the back door is where they would play the knock out game to RANDOM cats leaving school... :smh:

my boy cracked this white boy nose one day and the victim just fell to ground screamin' and bleeding... he never forgave himself for it... RIP to my man, he died with that on his soul..

yeah, the free for all was real...

i went to Tilden HS for summer school... and im the ONLY one from my HS that was in the school..:smh:

first day of summer school at that...

not only did they fight on the line going in the school with hammers...

this one dude dead *** let lose a PITBULL on the crowd... needless to say i got to summer classes extra early after i saw that wild ****...

did meet extra gully cats in there so that was a plus, tho

:lol:

My cousins went to South Shore so I have to ask them about that knockout game

They used to tell me South Shore was crazy though.
this one dude dead *** let lose a PITBULL on the crowd...

What the ****

Fly nerds, nice...
to many robbery stories in NYC in the 90's...I remember I friend of mine had the leather sleeve tigerhead jkt, RL2000 bear knit, Jordan XI's..he went to change his clothes for gym, left his clothes in the locker...he went home in his gym clothes. The best part was a week later he got those same items back again.....oooh my face was GREEN. Now my list of brands besides Polo in the early 90's that you might not make it home with

1. Columbia jackets...before TNF, these jackets held it down for a few yrs, but if you had TNF before '95 you were pretty fly
2. Starter jackets and hats (G hats as well)
3. Air Jordan's
4. Nautica gooses...other then Polo, Nautical IMO had the dopest gooses (I would include triple fat goose, but Polo just did it better)
5. Jansport bags

I swear my list should be longer, but I'm drawing a blank
Man, I saw a Bugaboo shell in the thrift store the other week I was gonna copp for nostalgia. I almost got assassinated in my blue collar Navy USA. Wrong Place, Wrong Time,with the Wrong Person and i was poppin **** till i turned around and my "homie" bolted. Long story short they had to catch me before they jigged me up good. Lets say the fleece was to bloody to take home with them..

Damn I hate coming late to these threads

Last edited:
Man, I saw a Bugaboo shell in the thrift store the other week I was gonna copp for nostalgia. I almost got assassinated in my blue collar Navy USA. Wrong Place, Wrong Time,with the Wrong Person and i was poppin **** till i turned around and my "homie" bolted. Long story short they had to catch me before they jigged me up good. Lets say the fleece was to bloody to take home with them..
Damn I hate coming late to these threads

Damn, was this in NYC?...even though Ralph Lauren was flourishing in the 80's and 90's these stories are all to common...I love the Columbia ski jackets especially the "Gizmo" the Bugaboo became notorious for super thugs, Lol. Back then they stole everything (they stole my Clark's right out the gym locker, I was like really? Clark's shoes?, not Nikes but shoes). It's like even if you had the money to buy really nice gear, you always had to think about the trouble it would bring.

^^yah the pic is from a few yrs ago tho. I was looking for an old video and saw these. Trying my best to add to the heat being posted from like last week haha.

Last edited:
If someone offered you 50k a yr, for every yr you wear another brand other then Ralph Lauren...would you do it? And what other brand would you consider wearing.
Now keep in mind the 50k is tax free, and you can continue to keep your current job, should you choose to.

If someone offered you 50k a yr, for every yr you wear another brand other then Ralph Lauren...would you do it? And what other brand would you consider wearing.
Now keep in mind the 50k is tax free, and you can continue to keep your current job, should you choose to.

Yep self edge, buzz rickson, and redwings / julien boots

yep...

JCrew... addicted to them and ralph.... rocking their light weight chinos as i type :smokin

honestly speaking, the Gap & Sean John gets my bread more than Id except so their on the list as well...

Yes. I would bring back Jordache, Aigner, Bugle Boy, and London Fog. I think it would be a challenge, but also nice to play a part in bringing these brands back to popular demand.

Id hold all my RL, because one day that sponsor ship is going to end.

Last edited:

Well, if you had to give up RL, then it would stand that you would probably sell most of what you own now - so that would come out to a nice piece of change on top, right...

...I'd just wear Employee outings teees - those aren't tagged RL, right... :lol: Actually that's a lie though, 'cause my rotund self can't fit into those joints.

Or you go one year, collect that 50K and then blow it all to finish out your RL collection.

On this tip, I think about athletes sometimes. Like, if I was a ball player and got offered a nice contract to wear Under Armour shoes or something, I really might have to turn that down if it extended to off the court wears.

Last edited:
yep...

JCrew... addicted to them and ralph.... rocking their light weight chinos as i type :smokin

honestly speaking, the Gap & Sean John gets my bread more than Id except so their on the list as well...

I like j crew as well, it does encapsulate a lot of RL ideas and good quality...this is a tough question even for me, because it's hard for me to single out one good "go to" for the majority of my needs. But J Crew comes very close, I would probably go someplace else for denim thou

Back
Top Bottom