**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

back then nobody thought that these clothes would be valued at where they are today. for "us", we were teens living in the moment in the '80's or '90's

now think about how expensive it is today just to get back those clothes that "we" were into. SMH

nice pics fellas.

maybe tonight's the night i put up a picture of old clothes too?
nerd.gif
Jay,
Always thought the pants were tuff...

Anywho, ... vado really riding that D&S wave...

No complaints, I feel tons of D&S is underrated anyway...

I saw that shirt last week, they really messed up with that one. The whole shirt has that worn-in look which is cool, the print is nice too. The blue patch on the left is weathered, but then the one on the right looks brand new WTF.
I always felt like, one you miss out, you miss out...cop whatever you see and how ever you can...

I used to be mind blown seeing cats wearing joints that I couldn't get my hands on...(that Hurricane Andrew t shirt still leaves a sour taste in my mouth **Pause**.... funny story, I was getting robbed in 7th grade by a Wingate HS cat who had that t shirt on and all I was thinking was were did he get that shirt from... so I said, "yo, that **** is tuff, I can't find it nowhere..." he replied "no doubt." Tapped my shoulder and said "your a good kid" and let me roll... lol, ahhh good ole grimey "Crime Heights")

Anyway, rebuying wasn't a thought or even encouraged in my crew... cats would just cop the newest pieces and keep it pushing... that's why I'm on the fence about buying off ebay and even dudes that are only rocking power pieces...

No shade, just my mindset... I can still appreciate most pieces, tho
That is a great/memorable story. I remember just grilling dudes in high school wishing I had some bread to buy pieces. I went to Brooklyn Tech and ppl stayed dipped.

Last edited:
nice middy.

i hope you have the walter mitty polo jacket, cuz i every time i type middy, the mitty movie poster pops up in my head hahaha

I went to Brooklyn Tech and ppl stayed dipped.

Public school nerds unite. Bronx Science here!

Dewitt Clinton used to run kids' TNFs like nobody's business.

I had peoples there, so I was good.

But, just taking the train everyday was its own thing. I threw hands, box cutters, foreign objects, whatever, to protect the wears several times. Got caught slippin' once or twice as well.

Last edited:
Public school nerds unite. Bronx Science here!

Dewitt Clinton used to run kids' TNFs like nobody's business.

I had peoples there, so I was good.

But, just taking the train everyday was its own thing. I threw hands, box cutters, foreign objects, whatever, to protect the wears several times. Got caught slippin' once or twice as well.

Fly nerds, nice...
to many robbery stories in NYC in the 90's...I remember I friend of mine had the leather sleeve tigerhead jkt, RL2000 bear knit, Jordan XI's..he went to change his clothes for gym, left his clothes in the locker...he went home in his gym clothes. The best part was a week later he got those same items back again.....oooh my face was GREEN. Now my list of brands besides Polo in the early 90's that you might not make it home with

1. Columbia jackets...before TNF, these jackets held it down for a few yrs, but if you had TNF before '95 you were pretty fly
2. Starter jackets and hats (G hats as well)
3. Air Jordan's
4. Nautica gooses...other then Polo, Nautical IMO had the dopest gooses (I would include triple fat goose, but Polo just did it better)
5. Jansport bags

I swear my list should be longer, but I'm drawing a blank

Fly nerds, nice...
to many robbery stories in NYC in the 90's...I remember I friend of mine had the leather sleeve tigerhead jkt, RL2000 bear knit, Jordan XI's..he went to change his clothes for gym, left his clothes in the locker...he went home in his gym clothes.

:lol: :lol:

nice middy.

i hope you have the walter mitty polo jacket, cuz i every time i type middy, the mitty movie poster pops up in my head hahaha

Haha, nope, but I have 3/4 Hi tech and TNF Mountian jacket, which I will probably own till my dying day.

Fly nerds, nice...
to many robbery stories in NYC in the 90's...I remember I friend of mine had the leather sleeve tigerhead jkt, RL2000 bear knit, Jordan XI's..he went to change his clothes for gym, left his clothes in the locker...he went home in his gym clothes. The best part was a week later he got those same items back again.....oooh my face was GREEN. Now my list of brands besides Polo in the early 90's that you might not make it home with

1. Columbia jackets...before TNF, these jackets held it down for a few yrs, but if you had TNF before '95 you were pretty fly
3. Air Jordan's
4. Nautica gooses...other then Polo, Nautical IMO had the dopest gooses (I would include triple fat goose, but Polo just did it better)
5. Jansport bags

ya'll was robbin' ****** of they backpacks??? :lol:

I grew up in the 'hood but never really attended just straight up GRIMEY schools. However, I did hear stories about homies getting "tried" for their Jordans. One chick almost tried me for my low top baby blue XIs.... guess she thought twice about it >D

Last edited:
back then nobody thought that these clothes would be valued at where they are today. for "us", we were teens living in the moment in the '80's or '90's

now think about how expensive it is today just to get back those clothes that "we" were into. SMH

nice pics fellas.

maybe tonight's the night i put up a picture of old clothes too? :nerd:

True indeed. Give em a treat jay cause ya overdue[emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

I always felt like, one you miss out, you miss out...cop whatever you see and how ever you can...

I used to be mind blown seeing cats wearing joints that I couldn't get my hands on...(that Hurricane Andrew t shirt still leaves a sour taste in my mouth **Pause**.... funny story, I was getting robbed in 7th grade by a Wingate HS cat who had that t shirt on and all I was thinking was were did he get that shirt from... so I said, "yo, that **** is tuff, I can't find it nowhere..." he replied "no doubt." Tapped my shoulder and said "your a good kid" and let me roll... lol, ahhh good ole grimey "Crime Heights")

Anyway, rebuying wasn't a thought or even encouraged in my crew... cats would just cop the newest pieces and keep it pushing... that's why I'm on the fence about buying off ebay and even dudes that are only rocking power pieces...

No shade, just my mindset... I can still appreciate most pieces, tho

The real NEWYORK Hun??!! Crime time crow hill for real!! I could never call any piece a "power piece" I have seen dude come through and shut s**t down with to most simplest I.t.'s I still find myself doing this tho its never intentional. What a lot of the new breed don't overstand is the man makes the clothes not the clothes make the man and you see it cause they try to hard. But I get what you are saying.

Fly nerds, nice...

3. Air Jordan's
5. Jansport bags

Graphic arts and communication aka printing!! Cybertron on deck!! It's to many to say. I know we rocked all things fresh fly and bold!!

popping gym lockers was no joke, if you were smart, you didn't wear your fly gear on gym days.

it was daily survival growing up in the '90's.

besides jansports getting jacked, it was a big thing to get the strings attached to the zippers. also the floating nautica keychain that came with the nautica jackets.

jansport strings! i had 15 on each zipper lol. and then finding out there were extra strings inside the strings WHAT!!!

Fly nerds, nice...

3. Air Jordan's
5. Jansport bags

In my H.S. days('85-'89), it was definitely an adventure trying to keep your wears safe from the "wolves" out here in DA BRICKS...If you had that lifesaver polo goose you were getting got. Also the Nautica gooses(green w/elbow patches), Nike Dunks, Adidas Forums, Starters(green celtics or blue georgetown) and Ballys.

I grew up in the 'hood but never really attended just straight up GRIMEY schools. However, I did hear stories about homies getting "tried" for their Jordans. One chick almost tried me for my low top baby blue XIs.... guess she thought twice about it >D

Oh yeah. Getting jumped/jumping dudes for Jansports was standard practice.

popping gym lockers was no joke, if you were smart, you didn't wear your fly gear on gym days.

it was daily survival growing up in the '90's.
besides jansports getting jacked, it was a big thing to get the strings attached to the zippers. also the floating nautica keychain that came with the nautica jackets.

Nah, on gym days, you didn't even bother changing in or out of your gym clothes. If it was warm you just wore your Olafs with your fly kicks and black Fab Five Nike socks around school all day. NBA and college team shorts got burn too, but Olafs had it poppin. And, none of that imitation stuff - you had to cop from 113th and Madison.

And, yeah, Jansport strings. Separate them at the end and pull out the mini string inside. Orange Nautica keychains, hard "Nike Air" keychains. I took it to next level and started hanging super tiny baby kicks off my backpacks. But that was mid 90s when TNF had eclipsed Jansports as the standard backpack, even for dudes weren't up on TNF early.

Fly nerds, nice...

3. Air Jordan's
5. Jansport bags

Our entire basketball team got robbed during an away game (at Roosevelt, I think). :lol:

Yeah - Starter jackets were no joke. I've seen dudes jump up to the window of school buses while the bus was stopped at a red light and reach in through the window and take the Starter hat off a kid sitting in his seat on the damn bus!

Columbias too - Bugaboos, Vamooses...

Add Guess leathers and Avirexes to that list too.

Loved Nautica myself, as well. ...Roll guns up in Nautica hoods and got inside parties.

Also, not gear, but Walkmans, Gameboys - it was all fair game pre-Guiliani.

Re-elect Dinkins, word to Bronsolino.

Last edited:
Y'all had the .38 wrapped in a washcloth in the jansport? Or the Hammer? Burnt the ends on the strings so you couldn't pop 'em off lol?

Last edited:
Man it was crazy in NYC and I can tell cause cats are signifying lol. In Memphis in the 80s-90s was bad too especially for Jordan's, Starter jackets/hats, Nautica gooses, Penny's, anything fly at that time. You knew better than to go to the Mall of Memphis super fresh or with a gang of shopping bags w/o your boys. People actually got murdered on some occasions smh. Crazy the importance of these items back then but glad I can put it in perspective.

Y'all had the .38 wrapped in a washcloth in the jansport? Or the Hammer? Burnt the ends on the strings so you couldn't pop 'em off lol?

That was a line from "Hot Nights" by Nature and Prodigy.

But, I definitely used that technique to stash ounces, or to smuggle bottles into events and baseball games.

Pre 9-11, I remember throwing a "handle" of Tanqueray into a North Face Extreme with the full pocket down the back, throwing a backpack over it and walking right into Yankee Stadium!

This thread is on fire. :smokin

Late 80s and 90s were no joke, and at 5'2" 86 pounds as a high school sophmore, I was food (so they thought).

I can remember Reebok Pumps, Air Jordans, Nappsacks, Any 3/4 Leather Toggle Jackets, Starter Jackets, Rope Chains and Gold Teeth Caps were getting ran daily.

I carried a palm size sledge hammer when ever I knew I was cutting through certain areas on the way to and from home.:smh:

I'm dying at the thought of you walking through the P's looking like a draped up Triple H bro

Last edited:

Thanks again Kush. I really like the fit of the tiger jacket. Reminds me of the meyers jacket from a little while back

Fly nerds, nice...
to many robbery stories in NYC in the 90's...I remember I friend of mine had the leather sleeve tigerhead jkt, RL2000 bear knit, Jordan XI's..he went to change his clothes for gym, left his clothes in the locker...he went home in his gym clothes.

:smh:

my boy got juxed (peep the slang!!) for his spell out varsity, spellout sweater AND damn constructs walking from one building to the main building...

he went home in his socks, guess jenas and t shirt ..

we would get terrorized by President ave cats daily!... we all had burners on deck after that day... school had no more than 200 peeps, so it was easy target in mid-late 90's...

they dead *** ripped the earrings out my home girl ears coming from gym... she was stuck with those torn earlobes for the rest of her years in HS

robbery is a robbery but a female??.. with a fatty at that?.. atleast try to hit it first :smh:

Back
Top Bottom