**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Aight, Aight. This page is heating up, so I'll add to it.

Recycled from the Olympics.
Yo, long time lurker, new school poster.. quick question in regards to that Stadium polo ya' got yourself there. I came up on the same exact one awhile back from a 'reputable' source. But, I was thrown for a loop in regards to the plate. Every other one of these I found while digging through the internet had different plate placement (being only in the middle/white region) as well as had a connecting line box around the 'Ralph Lauren est. 1967' part. I couldn't find any photos of the same polo with the lines going to the edges of the plate, much likes yours and mine. Can you provide any insight in regards to this? Thanks brotha.

I'd rock Z. Cavaricci's and I.O.U. shirts again. They'd probably pop off now. And Le Coq Sportif suits too.

Last edited:
Yep self edge, buzz rickson, and redwings / julien boots

Good taste.

I have a pair of SEXFLXRR10 denim that I've been working on for a couple years now. I like all the brands you listed as well as The Strike Gold and The Flat Head.

Yo, long time lurker, new school poster.. quick question in regards to that Stadium polo ya' got yourself there. I came up on the same exact one awhile back from a 'reputable' source. But, I was thrown for a loop in regards to the plate. Every other one of these I found while digging through the internet had different plate placement (being only in the middle/white region) as well as had a connecting line box around the 'Ralph Lauren est. 1967' part. I couldn't find any photos of the same polo with the lines going to the edges of the plate, much likes yours and mine. Can you provide any insight in regards to this? Thanks brotha.

My rugby pictured came from Europe. So, as is the case with a lot of RL, I'm going to guess that there were subtle differences between the US and overseas version(s).

On the issue of the boxed "Ralph Lauren 1967" vs the horizontal borders extending to the edge of the plate with no vertical sides to the box, that style of plate is also used on a number of the other Stadium pieces - the royal/navy split hoody and the red/navy split sweatshirt with the plate on the back (which might have been a primarily Japanese release, but I could be wrong). So, the plate itself is not uncommon and certainly consistent with plates used within the line. ...Obviously other items used a horizontal band like that vs. a box too, but the format wasn't exactly the same, as the band was colored (Paper jackets, p-wing Stadium tees).

So, my guess is international vs. US versions.

Of course, the best person to probably answer this would be Jay.

My rugby pictured came from Europe. So, as is the case with a lot of RL, I'm going to guess that there were subtle differences between the US and overseas version(s).

On the issue of the boxed "Ralph Lauren 1967" vs the horizontal borders extending to the edge of the plate with no vertical sides to the box, that style of plate is also used on a number of the other Stadium pieces - the royal/navy split hoody and the red/navy split sweatshirt with the plate on the back (which might have been a primarily Japanese release, but I could be wrong). So, the plate itself is not uncommon and certainly consistent with plates used within the line. ...Obviously other items used a horizontal band like that vs. a box too, but the format wasn't exactly the same, as the band was colored (Paper jackets, p-wing Stadium tees).

So, my guess is international vs. US versions.

Of course, the best person to probably answer this would be Jay.
Interesting, thanks for the info. And word up, that makes sense, seeing as mine came from Europe also :wink: 2L's up.

Wildlife

If someone offered you 50k a yr, for every yr you wear another brand other then Ralph Lauren...would you do it? And what other brand would you consider wearing.
Now keep in mind the 50k is tax free, and you can continue to keep your current job, should you choose to.

I would rock pure Burberry. Love there clothes

Recent pick ups.

Last edited:
I was able to exchange stuff from the 65% event thru rl online

had to get a supervisors approval tho, my biggest problem was they put the exchange on a gift card instead of thru my bank account so they had to manually give me those prices again

may have been done on purpose to try to get me to spend more but I'm just glad it's over and will shortly get what I need...even gave me expedited shipping

whoever I had on the phone was a good dude

If someone offered you 50k a yr, for every yr you wear another brand other then Ralph Lauren...would you do it? And what other brand would you consider wearing.
Now keep in mind the 50k is tax free, and you can continue to keep your current job, should you choose to.

Jcrew/Club Monaco and Brooks Brothers would be getting my money...

NC23 - No problem homie, enjoy!!!

Dope pics fellas, and nice find on the southwestern hoodie for 25% off

Club Monaco is under the Ralph Lauren umbrella though. Club Monaco is my go to for shirts there slim fit shirts fit me perfectly and they are priced reasonably well especially since they usually go on deep discount and you can always get bat least 20 percent off with a student Id. I find j crew stuff to lacking in quality I only really mess with with there j crew in good company stuff . There Thomas Mason shirts are an excellent buy on discount I own quite a few.you can really feel the quality difference compared to the regular j crew shirts. I would probably just wear Wings and horns and Apc if I didn't wear Ralph.

Club Monaco is under the Ralph Lauren umbrella though. Club Monaco is my go to for shirts there slim fit shirts fit me perfectly and they are priced reasonably well especially since they usually go on deep discount and you can always get bat least 20 percent off with a student Id. I find j crew stuff to lacking in quality I only really mess with with there j crew in good company stuff . There Thomas Mason shirts are an excellent buy on discount I own quite a few.you can really feel the quality difference compared to the regular j crew shirts. I would probably just wear Wings and horns and Apc if I didn't wear Ralph.

Yea I'm aware, I wish they were more lenient with the discount, third party brands which happen to be some of the best stuff they carry is only 30% off... As for Jcrew I would never buy anything from there at retail price, the clothes are ridiculously overpriced in my opinion. Their factory stores and factory store sales online is where its at.

But remember Tommy used to be a designer for him lol

FALSE. where do you get your info from?

Tommy Hilfiger NEVER designed for Ralph Lauren. They were competitors.

There's more to this that I won't elaborate on, since everything is hearsay, although there is evidence of similarities. If you were there when both of these labels were a trend then you will know what I'm talking about. BIP and I have discussed this.

Hilfiger was a Tsunami in my region compared to the Polo wave back then. I still have the white version of that flag shirt and some logo overalls hanging up somewhere in my old property. Reminds me of my college days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom