**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Great pics Middy. Gonna try and swing by this week. That duffel bag looks like straight Rugby.

Funny thing about "Navajo Lounge". Supposedly there is a copyright for the word "Navajo". I was selling the Indian head shirt on eBay last year and got a message to take the listing down. The eBay member claimed he owned the copyright to that word and would get eBay to take down my listing if I didn't do it myself in x-amount of days. I looked the guy up and he had just joined eBay with less than 5 feedback so I ignored it. He was selling authentic Navajo denim not something. Days later my auction got pulled.

Huh? So is that so called eBay member gonna sue RL? I don't know all the legalities. But how do you even verify to eBay that you own a copyright to a word...sheesh that's bonkers.

Might be worth checking out at your local outlet but the Outlet here in Loveland, Co had 75% off the lowest listed price on a good amount of clearance items.

Huh? So is that so called eBay member gonna sue RL? I don't know all the legalities. But how do you even verify to eBay that you own a copyright to a word...sheesh that's bonkers.

In all likelihood, the member had nothing to do with it, beyond possibly reporting it to eBay.

For example, you can't use the word "Heineken" in your listing of "Heineken" SB Dunks.

But, I would presume that it has to do with the legality of the use of the term as it relates to the item that you are listing.

For example, I can't use the word "Heineken" in the listing of those Dunks. But, if I'm listing something that was produced by Heineken, I don't see how you could be in the wrong. The difference is that in the first instance, the brand is being used in reference to something it wasn't a part of and didn't produce, so attaching the brand is an illegal use of that branding.

In the instance described above, I would guess that if you were selling an item that actually contained the word "Navajo" in the title, i.e Ralphy labeled it as such on the website, I would think you would have the right to refer to it as such, and that if you pointed that out to eBay, they'd reverese their decision. If that dude has a beef with it, he can deal with Ralph's lawyers. But, if you are just adding a word in your title for search optimization purposes, then if that term is indeed registered as a trademark, it stands to reason they can shut you down.

Frank - Those are really clean, never saw them before

Thanks man, love these shoes.

Ok, RL is not playing. They scrapped the fuzzy waste and cuffs, and kept the dual throat latch buckles...this year's sheerling is incredible when it comes to the design.
I have to see this in person, but it looks like the jacket is not as heavy as the previous versions.

That is really good news. It's actually wearable now lol. That was last years version in all those pics.

Ok here are my pics from my visit to the new flagship store in NYC on 5th Ave...I tried to take pics of items we (some) haven't seen

Thanks for the pics man. Looks dope. I'm jealous.

Let me throw one more jacket in the running for you fellas this fall. Nordic Brights Collection.

Lamb suede shearling pea coat.

Hey Pirate, you got that horrendous b-down with the dude in the canoe hiding from the moose?? I love and despise that shirt at the same time.

Might be worth checking out at your local outlet but the Outlet here in Loveland, Co had 75% off the lowest listed price on a good amount of clearance items.
What did they have? Did they have any RRL or some expensive items?

I'm visiting my Aunt in Denver on the last week of September...

Great update pmiddy. Looking forward to hitting that whenever I make my first trip to NY.
Are selections at the outlet usually the same across all of them? Only two worth noting at the one nearby just outside of Toronto.

^ This one's back but with the new blue/yellow labelling swapped into it.
The burgundy jacket was at Fashion outlets Niagara as well, didn't see the duck sweater though.  I picked up a custom fit camo polo with the small orange pony, I remember seeing a pic of it in this thread a while back.  It has the new blue label on it though.  Will upload a pic when i get home.

The burgundy jacket was at Fashion outlets Niagara as well, didn't see the duck sweater though.  I picked up a custom fit camo polo with the small orange pony, I remember seeing a pic of it in this thread a while back.  It has the new blue label on it though.  Will upload a pic when i get home.

Duck sweater is at Halton.

Camo shirt with the orange pony is the same joint plenty pages back? Might swing back over to Halton this week to see if they eventually got that. Would love to see it regardless though. Was that on the Buffalo side?

Last edited:
Dope feedback Middy, haven't made it to the store yet but it sounds great

I like the bird sweater a lot, would definitely purchase

FYI Macys has a 25% presale going on for all items at the moment

Whats the word on the script hats the Flagship store says all sold out and they are only exclusive to their store. Any idea if they will make it to the website?

Whats the word on the script hats the Flagship store says all sold out and they are only exclusive to their store. Any idea if they will make it to the website?

The script hat was on my list, I needed a large in navy, but was sold out at the store (they ordered mine from the warehouse 19 left when I checked Saturday) they were a bit unorganized when ordering, and a few failed attempts before successfully getting in done. They were actually going to charge me shipping, I was like c'mon? They checked every mannequin thou Lol

Duck sweater is at Halton.

Camo shirt with the orange pony is the same joint plenty pages back? Might swing back over to Halton this week to see if they eventually got that. Would love to see it regardless though. Was that on the Buffalo side?
Yeah, Buffalo side.
This is the shirt (bad lighting, sorry)

Was 69.99 + 30% off, then an additional 25‰ off for buying the $5 literacy bookmark.

Yeah, Buffalo side.
This is the shirt (bad lighting, sorry)

Was 69.99 + 30% off, then an additional 25‰ off for buying the $5 literacy bookmark.

Man I need that polo. Been wanting it ever since I saw it first posted early in the thread. Going to check the outlets this weekend. Also going to try to find that duck sweater

Middy, great pics. There seems to be tons of the items that I want both in store and online...most of my wishlist should make it to sale.
In other news RL is causing real problems for my wishlist with this patchwork blazer...looks very similar to the Chief patchowrk sweater.

...rugby loafers are back if anyone missed them a few seasons back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom