**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I agree. Since Rugby has been discontinued, the brand's styling direction has been declining. The outlet has become very dry; It's mostly basics and recycled products. The outlet used to be a destination itself. I've been saving a lot of money. 

Since sales have been declining at full price and outlet, RL has to do regular markdowns and more generous coupons to move product and create foot traffic.

Where are dudes shopping? Zara? HM? Uniqlo? 

RL has to get back to 1992 styling.

They're giving away clothes at the outlet. Normal sale which is like 40% plus 30% coupon then they had like $10 off for just trying a pair of jeans on :lol: Would've cleaned up but there was literally nothing I wanted nor in need of up in there. Haven't been excited for a Lo item in a while

Last edited:
Yeah this fall will be very muted. No prints, no graphics. Not a beacon pattern or patchwork in sight. Not much color at all. Very classic, preppy attire, they skipped the Americana/rugged entirely this year. Next spring should be a little more exciting although nothing very innovative, just different takes on the same stuff we've been seeing the past 2-3 years.

^^^^^^^^^Mathshoes, you know the "inside baseball" of the brand; with no prints/graphics/patchwork pieces coming down the pipeline, what message is the company sending to consumers? Are they leading from behind by copying Zara with minimalist, logo free, muted colors? 

P.S. You have a very dope IG. I always check your page for upcoming product. @preppyfunk

I wouldn't say that cause they've always done the muted, classic look, they've just had the other side of the coin to go along with it. From what I've heard this is the new direction they are taking which is why I was kinda surprised to see the same old ralph lined up for SS17. I think it's easier to remain muted with Fall collections than summer wear. Easier to make distinctive, desirable RL clothing in winter than summer. I think they realize they always go through booms and busts. I think the exotic, loud clothing is fad wear to them and they realize they aren't necessarily the most IN name right now in terms of the younger crowd, so they are falling back on the more grown man look. Honestly, as a fan of graphics and prints myself, even i felt it was getting to be too much recently. I'm not sure how long this "new direction" will last cause if sales are horrible this winter I'm sure they will reconsider. But I do expect them to go back to the Americana and Rugby looks at some point in the future. Most likely when the urban trends swing more in their favor. I also think this new CEO is not gonna wow anyone.. I dread the day ralph passes cause I feel like that may be the only thing keeping this brand from completely being whored out.

I wouldn't say that cause they've always done the muted, classic look, they've just had the other side of the coin to go along with it. From what I've heard this is the new direction they are taking which is why I was kinda surprised to see the same old ralph lined up for SS17. I think it's easier to remain muted with Fall collections than summer wear. Easier to make distinctive, desirable RL clothing in winter than summer. I think they realize they always go through booms and busts. I think the exotic, loud clothing is fad wear to them and they realize they aren't necessarily the most IN name right now in terms of the younger crowd, so they are falling back on the more grown man look. Honestly, as a fan of graphics and prints myself, even i felt it was getting to be too much recently. I'm not sure how long this "new direction" will last cause if sales are horrible this winter I'm sure they will reconsider. But I do expect them to go back to the Americana and Rugby looks at some point in the future. Most likely when the urban trends swing more in their favor. I also think this new CEO is not gonna wow anyone.. I dread the day ralph passes cause I feel like that may be the only thing keeping this brand from completely being whored out.

Some solid insight here. I also worry for that day. Most of the younger crowd just goes for the basics now. I also see a lot of quality pieces being lowed 40-60% because they're sitting, it's unfortunate.

A big thank you to SP for coming through with a hot piece at a great price....salute!! Your def the [emoji]128268[/emoji] on NT!!

[emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Enjoy homie!!!

This thread is always appreciated

Donated a lot of clothes recently so I was looking to get back into RL again. It feels like ever since the label switch though there hasn't been anything too great of notice.

Word gettin around about bear items going to outlets I guess. My local finally got the ski bear sweater and grey pull over hoodie with bear logo. They weren't even on the floor yet. Sale lady said folks been asking since this past weekend if they were getting em and the workers didn't even have a clue lol...

IMG_5483.jpg

30% off coupon from mobile sign up think on last page
IMG_5479.png

You can stack the $10 off purchase coupon off if you try on jeans
outlets looking right so far, fall winter gonna be good trust
Noticed they got blankets and cups, I collect home crap
more bear stuff, hoodies and polos about 3 diff color ways different bears
IMG_5489.jpg

Country polos and others are 30-40 % off
Cooped a shirt for $14 retail $40 and polos for $33 retail $79
IMG_5488.jpg

Ready for another pologate

Do you people buying these bear sweaters bump into random people wearing the same sweater?

That must be awkward if so

Me neither. Doubt it would be awkward tho unless it was ur homie or someone ur kicking it with :lol:

It's probably the best book that released in ages

Its wayyyyyyyy better than the Supreme book and all the LV books + the Ralph book put together...

It doesnt dance around the fact that BLACK CULTURE AND PEOPLE WHO COULDNT AFFORD polo were looking for an identity and ended up Becoming the identity...

Even though Fred Perry holds the torch on Polo shirts
I'm still trying to get my hands on one of the books .... :frown:

Back
Top Bottom