**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Picked this up for $60 at Marshalls

Dying to make one last rugby order w/o wifey spazzing out in me. Lol, she's always like "if it's not sneakers, it's polo or rugby with you..." She wants me dressing more European and ****. Eff that..
Too Funny. My wife be like, You never had that before, or How is that new with '98 stitched on the front? Separate bank accounts is the key..

Dying to make one last rugby order w/o wifey spazzing out in me. Lol, she's always like "if it's not sneakers, it's polo or rugby with you..." She wants me dressing more European and ****. Eff that..

Just buy it Mad small.

I was debating on apeing during the Rugby sale. Didn't even cop anything. And didn't even get anything from the RL sale.

Only thing I'm mad I missed on was these 2 pairs off RRL's and the RRL Indian head cardigan.

New RRL releases on the site look pretty tempting

Last edited:
traveled the world for the dark grey polo hoodie with the red horse and white drawstrings

slept on it for like 5 seasons straight

Seriously it's kind of a sad day seeing Rugby gone, but I just think it means that Polo will start putting out more prep and rugby inspired pieces to fill that gap.

Don't mind him. Search his history and you will see 90% of his posts in this thread are negative comments towards other members. Hopefully he'll take a look at his life one day and maybe work out his anger issues. Feel kinda sorry for the dude actually.

In other news!! Good lookin out BSB!

This is what I don't get. What makes RL think that D&S will thrive more than Rugby did?

Its almost as if Rugby was designed to fail - you could only buy it at a Rugby store (if you were lucky enough to live near one) or online (on a site separated from RL.com), and had zero promotion.

D&S is in Macy's retail stores, online with RL.com and Macys.com, and is promoted in Macy's mailers.

They must know something we don't...maybe the grunge look is supposed to come back in style soon.

Don't mind him. Search his history and you will see 90% of his posts in this thread are negative comments towards other members. Hopefully he'll take a look at his life one day and maybe work out his anger issues. Feel kinda sorry for the dude actually.

:rofl:

This is what I don't get. What makes RL think that D&S will thrive more than Rugby did?

Just my opinion and pure speculation (I honestly don't care for either brand lines), but Rugby is targeting a niche market and a previous poster in this thread spoke about how every season, everything looked similar. Varsity cardigans with letterman patches, similar "team" rugby styles, skull & crossbones this and that, etc. Down the line, how much further can you expand the line when everything is collegiate themed? What do you do when your demographic outgrows the college look / is out of college and does not want to dress like that anymore?

I feel that Denim & Supply offers more versatility since they originally were targeting "hipsters" with a grunge, bohemian type look. It seems to have evolved into a cheaper alternative to Blue label and RRL aesthetics. Possibly they feel that they can expand and grow the line with other themes.

I'm sure they feel that the latter seems more profitable in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom