**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

If the owner of that cafe racer was looking for some flare, might I suggest you sub the patches with some moto pins instead?

Even if you go with patches, I think the key is to keep it minimal and cohesive. Black label was more about the construction of the garments and not logos or icons.

If the owner of that cafe racer was looking for some flare, might I suggest you sub the patches with some moto pins instead?

Even if you go with patches, I think the key is to keep it minimal and cohesive. Black label was more about the construction of the garments and not logos or icons.

Fair point - but the NASA patches were earned and not just "for show". And although it is Black Label, how impressive is the construction of a Made in China jacket at the end of the day?

Last edited:
Fair point - but the NASA patches were earned and not just "for show". And although it is Black Label, how impressive is the construction of a Made in China jacket at the end of the day?

That makes the patches a lot cooler in my book bc they have a backstory. To each it’s own. Even if you are getting a lot of heat in the thread for it. You just have to understand and respect the garment and why it exsist before you start throwing patches on it haphazardly. The examples you showed from previous garments ar cohesive and echo that of the garment so there is harmony there.

I think ‘Made in China’ carries the wrong connotations. China has become synonymous with words like cheap or poor quality but not all manufacturers in China are created equal.

Last edited:
How do you know they were earned? Lol

Edit: oh you’re the space nazi. Lol so you really worked for nasa? What you do there? Shoulda copped the Space jacket instead fam...
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
WP_20180106_20_20_46_Pro (2).jpg
WP_20180106_20_24_01_Pro.jpg
always nice going vintage shopping for free at parents house... Found about 8 items in my late father's closet, stuff i musta borrowed him at some point...

no clue when the polo sport blue rugby is from... Maybe late 90s?

the black long sleeve polo I was pumped to find. Love this piece. All black, the black/gold crest embroidered on felt with the red crown, and velour detailing on the inside. Anyone remember when this is from? This Christmas 2002-2005 sometime?

also fyi... If you are interested in the higher priced stadium gear.. Prices have come down significantly.

not grabbing the p-wing baseball jacket myself, cause i recently got the patchwork one and think i like that better.. But it's down to $400ish. Not bad.

most of you didn't like the marsh coat, but it was my fave of bunch and i actually could use a rain coat. Going for $550-650 on eBay now, got one today for $600. didn't have $600 to drop on a rain coat, but figured it would get good use long-term and would be my only stadium jacket id grab.
WP_20180106_20_44_31_Pro.jpg

always nice going vintage shopping for free at parents house... Found about 8 items in my late father's closet, stuff i musta borrowed him at some point...

no clue when the polo sport blue rugby is from... Maybe late 90s?

the black long sleeve polo I was pumped to find. Love this piece. All black, the black/gold crest embroidered on felt with the red crown, and velour detailing on the inside. Anyone remember when this is from? This Christmas 2002-2005 sometime?

The rugby is from 96-98 era...there’s a bear wearing this rugby holding a football. Seen it on some novelty items and they made a T-shirt of that particular bear. The crest joint I think is late 90s as well....reminds me of the 30th anniversary crest they did in ‘97...very similar.

Nice items for sure

I think me and you are the only ones feeling it so it’ll be there for a while LoL

think probably more than that... But saying you like the fat bear stuff brings out 5-10 posts about how it's terrible, how folks wouldn't wear if paid, how its ruining brand, etc... So i think most don't bring it up to save everyone the trouble.

my guess is this will be available in most sizes for $732 and then it will end up mostly selling out... A few sizes left you'll be able to snag at $598. Getting a decent feel for their pricing system and marketplace... at 40% of msrp, purple label goes to just a few pieces left within a week or two. Shoes will have a size 9 left and tops will be size small or XXL or something like that.

$732 = 30% off newpricing, and then one of those extra 30% specific item sales. Got the camo letterman cardigan this way (30%/40% = $165) and the purple label R varsity sweatshirt this way (extra 30% on new price for $236 from $595.)

think probably more than that... But saying you like the fat bear stuff brings out 5-10 posts about how it's terrible, how folks wouldn't wear if paid, how its ruining brand, etc... So i think most don't bring it up to save everyone the trouble.

my guess is this will be available in most sizes for $732 and then it will end up mostly selling out... A few sizes left you'll be able to snag at $598. Getting a decent feel for their pricing system and marketplace... at 40% of msrp, purple label goes to just a few pieces left within a week or two. Shoes will have a size 9 left and tops will be size small or XXL or something like that.

$732 = 30% off newpricing, and then one of those extra 30% specific item sales. Got the camo letterman cardigan this way (30%/40% = $165) and the purple label R varsity sweatshirt this way (extra 30% on new price for $236 from $595.)

It’s not that I even like the new bear that much; it’s just that this one is the most tolerable amongst the others (i.e. the superhero American one:sick:). White shorts on the weekend or with a cricket blazer during the week to dress it up.

Your pricing theory sounds interesting. You may not be too far off from the mark.

Love this piece. All black, the black/gold crest embroidered on felt with the red crown, and velour detailing on the inside. Anyone remember when this is from? This Christmas 2002-2005 sometime?

The black rugby dropped around 2006... The had a couple of dope stripped rugbys and zip-ups for that line as well

check your local Saks 5th avenue

they have clearance rack with stuff not online

floral purple label swim trunks
allover knot print purple label swim trunks
bevy of purple label button downs
even saw a seude purple label vest that musta been $3-5k down to $1300 with extra 25% off

snagged the James dean polo bear sweater for $150, was marked $197 and was a further 25% off that.

Back
Top Bottom