**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

dang that was a pretty crazy thing to say..I mean after all isn't that who the brand was catered to? mostly white guys ? and what kind of forum is that? you used to ask each other what race you were in the forum? like how could you even tell?lol anyways..lo life stole clothes and wore them...COOL....I can see if they stole clothes from unpopular brands and in turn made those brands popular...more power to them...but its polo...brand was already successful..EVERyonE was wearing that 1992 gear white, black....these old dudes never did anything with they life and still living off old legends....burnt out wanna be rappers....now they selling pins and "polo inspired" necklaces on instagram..nice..along with polo that they mark up on resell..cool..then they get together once a year in the freezing cold to show off their jerk chicken and cum stained polo from 1980's

you must really love palace man

I dont think theirs a metric to quantify the exact effect Lo Life culture and by extension Hip-Hop had on Ralph Lauren as a brand. But it'd be foolish to say they had no effect at all and using Tommy Hilfiger as an example dont really help since the reason urban communities never stopped ****ing with Ralph was because he wasn't pandering or going against what it stood for unlike Hilfiger who did it to get a leg up on Polo to begin with. The fact they were buying vintage and preowned stuff and selling it themselves years back should be some kind of indicator that the enthusiasts made them take notice. No different than Nike

I dont think theirs a metric to quantify the exact effect Lo Life culture and by extension Hip-Hop had on Ralph Lauren as a brand. But it'd be foolish to say they had no effect at all and using Tommy Hilfiger as an example dont really help since the reason urban communities never stopped ****ing with Ralph was because he wasn't pandering or going against what it stood for unlike Hilfiger who did it to get a leg up on Polo to begin with. The fact they were buying vintage and preowned stuff and selling it themselves years back should be some kind of indicator that the enthusiasts made them take notice. No different than Nike
its cool the lolife guys kept old clothes...to see the pics is nice and everything..but literally everyone around the world was wearing this stuff..I bet you you ask any lo-head they would have asked for a rerelease a little earlier---all im trying to say is...im not a palace supporter...I couldn't care any less ..im just sick of the lolife guys complaining about everything, whether it be releases...or not getting enough credit for certain things..its annoying af ..that black gentleman a few pages back with a nice collection is not a lo-life...just a collector..theres plenty of these guys around without the big mouth antics like lo lifes display..some of them are lucky they were gifted whole capsules..if I was Ralph I would have told them to actually buy the clothes this time around

its cool the lolife guys kept old clothes...to see the pics is nice and everything..but literally everyone around the world was wearing this stuff..I bet you you ask any lo-head they would have asked for a rerelease a little earlier---all im trying to say is...im not a palace supporter...I couldn't care any less ..im just sick of the lolife guys complaining about everything, whether it be releases...or not getting enough credit for certain things..its annoying af ..that black gentleman a few pages back with a nice collection is not a lo-life...just a collector..theres plenty of these guys around without the big mouth antics like lo lifes display..some of them are lucky they were gifted whole capsules..if I was Ralph I would have told them to actually buy the clothes this time around
You think lo-life's are the only ones voicing their displeasure with all things Ralph Lauren? I'm not sure what other avenue's you use to discuss the brand but this thread is made up of all sorts of people who dont claim to be of that group who have various opinions one way or the other. I understand if it feels like someone is beating a dead horse but this is one of the more civil threads (in my opinion anyway) where people just spew **** just cause doesn't happen to often. Earlier it looked like you diminished their, and by extension Hip-Hop's, effect on the brand itself which rubbed people the wrong way. Thats where I think most of the flack comes from in response to your earlier posts

dont tell me you just bought one of their necklaces man...whatever show your support
incredulous.gif

You think lo-life's are the only ones voicing their displeasure with all things Ralph Lauren? I'm not sure what other avenue's you use to discuss the brand but this thread is made up of all sorts of people who dont claim to be of that group who have various opinions one way or the other. I understand if it feels like someone is beating a dead horse but this is one of the more civil threads (in my opinion anyway) where people just spew **** just cause doesn't happen to often. Earlier it looked like you diminished their, and by extension Hip-Hop's, effect on the brand itself which rubbed people the wrong way. Thats where I think most of the flack comes from in response to your earlier posts
I agree this is a civil thread...seems like everyone here just likes the brand..im just voicing my opinion because it was discussed a few pages back...im not trying to diminish what they did because I really dont think they did much in the first place.maybe their neighborhood but not for me..

I like the fact that they preserved the clothes to display the craftsmanship of the brand..but mostly im just sick of their complaining..they did not inspire ANY of the clothes...they stole them and wore them, preserved them..im not trying to be harsh but I just feel like they are begging for more credit than what they really deserve...they have their documentaries..write ups..insta pages..it never seems like enough for them...alot of them act like they were in the board rooms and cutting fabrics

tbh if anyone is diminishing the loheads its themselves by how they are acting..the group photos with the backdrops are iconic..they did something cool..but just be happy with what you had..you dont deserve shares in the company..your not creative directors..maybe they are overshadowing their awesome moments by acting like little kids..its just annoying to me...I digress

Nice. Going to have to grab this... Hopefully won't be too hard to get.

They still haven't released that Supreme Cashmere in the USA yet have they? That's a fantastic fall/winter scent, really don't get why it hasn't gone into wide release.

Fyi:
Spot checked and seems to be readily available online.

tbh if anyone is diminishing the loheads its themselves by how they are acting..the group photos with the backdrops are iconic..they did something cool..but just be happy with what you had..you dont deserve shares in the company..your not creative directors..maybe they are overshadowing their awesome moments by acting like little kids..its just annoying to me...I digress
This article is directly from polo.com. Thirstin howl is the founder of lolifes. So to say loifes had no influence on polo is incorrect. I agree some of the stuff they do now is corny. But you gotta give them their credit. Their run was legendary. They were one of the originators of collecting polo with all the huge graphics. Older white guys were rocking the horseys mainly. You outlet bear t shirt collectors betta recognize. Lol

Attachments

• 656E084F-662D-43E0-8A98-34EEE351D116.jpeg
    656E084F-662D-43E0-8A98-34EEE351D116.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Anyone post this yet? Stumbled on it on Instagram... Think this is the limited edition polo bear shirt for the females at outlets?

Looks like it's the light blue flag sweater from men's summer 2018.

4CBE2C83-EAEC-4988-81BC-37F73722EA75.png

Back
Top Bottom