The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

Too many gimmicky colorways for this line now, how about more of the original colors as well please?

I just need the paerlized blue and pearlized red pairs and those would complete my collection and preference.
No love for the OG black pair?

No love for the OG black pair?

Sorry my memory is bad with those despite being able to recall so many shoes in my lifetime. I recall they came out a long time ago. I just can't rememeber when. Were they out around the same time as the Question rollout during Iverson's 1996-97 rookie season?

My preference of original colorways are the ones that correlate with the 76ers uniform style he only wore during his rookie season to be specific. I only get the Question to wear with those Mitchell & Ness 76ers jerseys I have honestly.

GO COWBOYS
2BFE211B-1BF3-464A-A5EB-37AABAAA0492.jpeg
BB5DBF76-73F6-4415-88E5-191BBA32D527.jpeg
868E07E7-0198-40AA-A75A-93C92B41D62B.jpeg
ACC5418E-7A02-4627-BD70-0680A88434D2.jpeg
0CFDD9F5-8598-4E82-B3A7-57B5A63EA493.jpeg
632BA7D4-7902-4E36-BA10-9E5ACCC7B01A.jpeg

i'd be all in on these if i didnt have the ES22
m_5a9df3e7739d4885a2d5635d.jpg

Those need a proper retro now. I hate that they went with gum bottoms when we all know the og release were icey soles. I still have my og 96 pair but I’d like to be able to wear a new retro pair.

I recall those signature shoes of Emmitt Smith in the '90s. One of his models even got a Pump version just like Reebok did with Shaq's line too. Then he wore Nike at the tail end of his career.

Yeah the gum color soles are incorrect on those because the original had clear soles from what I recall.

I don't think I can deviate from only wearing the Question with the Reebok brand. I only wear them because of Iverson, and they aren't a bad design in all fairness.

Yeah the gum color soles are incorrect on those because the original had clear soles from what I recall.

I don't think I can deviate from only wearing the Question with the Reebok brand. I only wear them because of Iverson, and they aren't a bad design in all fairness.

I’m still puzzled by Reebok’s choice to use gum rubber, makes zero sense and was a let down :smh:

Go with what you like, man. I think it’s cool to wear different brands and their offerings for different sports. Cross trainers, skating , hooping is all good but only if I truly dig the designs. My personal favorite Reeboks are from the 90’s even though I know they’re seen as “bulky” by today’s buyers. I’m fine with it and it’s what makes your outfit standout.

Sorry my memory is bad with those despite being able to recall so many shoes in my lifetime. I recall they came out a long time ago. I just can't rememeber when. Were they out around the same time as the Question rollout during Iverson's 1996-97 rookie season?

My preference of original colorways are the ones that correlate with the 76ers uniform style he only wore during his rookie season to be specific. I only get the Question to wear with those Mitchell & Ness 76ers jerseys I have honestly.

Yep they were an OG color and part of the original rollout.
1599944885474.jpeg

I’m still puzzled by Reebok’s choice to use gum rubber, makes zero sense and was a let down :smh:

Go with what you like, man. I think it’s cool to wear different brands and their offerings for different sports. Cross trainers, skating , hooping is all good but only if I truly dig the designs. My personal favorite Reeboks are from the 90’s even though I know they’re seen as “bulky” by today’s buyers. I’m fine with it and it’s what makes your outfit standout.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO the clear sole on the OG sample they used in order to fabricate the tooling must've turned piss yellow or 'gum' coloured. Hence them thinking that it was gum to begin with.

I don't think the ES22s, Big Hurts, etc... will ever come back as the retros sold so poorly. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO the clear sole on the OG sample they used in order to fabricate the tooling must've turned piss yellow or 'gum' coloured. Hence them thinking that it was gum to begin with.

I don't think the ES22s, Big Hurts, etc... will ever come back as the retros sold so poorly. :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

i think the issue with the ES22 were that they went to heavy on extra colorways, the 2 OG colors sold well, but like every other non Question, once they threw all the colors in the rainbow on them it just didn't work, the same thing with the Shaqnosis, black and white always sells well, but that extra stuff meh. I think no reebok 90s sells well by the 3rd colorway

The ES22 gum was a mistake by the guy who done the bring back. Overall I think he did a great job as bring backs are extremely hard to do. This mistake happened because one of the OG’s samples used gum. While doing the bring back he referenced an OG catalog sample and didn’t realize that the ice outsole was what made it on the retail pairs. So technically it’s like a prototype lost story with the gum lol. But it in all honesty it’s was just a mistake.

The colorway thing is also tough. I agree with it whole heartedly but this is the issue with bring backs. In order to pay for that investment of opening molds and re introducing a silhouette you have to push enough product to cover that cost. Unfortunately you may weaken you brand or the mystic of a product but you can’t just make 2-3 original colorways as it’s not worth the time and money spent. I agree Reebok missed the mark on these and a couple others but that’s the logic behind way so many color ways are flooded into the marketplace.

Last edited:
The ES22 gum was a mistake by the guy who done the bring back. Overall I think he did a great job as bring backs are extremely hard to do. This mistake happened because one of the OG’s samples used gum. While doing the bring back he referenced an OG catalog sample and didn’t realize that the ice outsole was what made it on the retail pairs. So technically it’s like a prototype lost story with the gum lol. But it in all honesty it’s was just a mistake.

The colorway thing is also tough. I agree with it whole heartedly but this is the issue with bring backs. In order to pay for that investment of opening molds and re introducing a silhouette you have to push enough product to cover that cost. Unfortunately you may weaken you brand or the mystic of a product but you can’t just make 2-3 original colorways as it’s not with the money spent. I agree Reebok missed the mark on these and a couple others but that’s the logic behind way so many color ways are flooded into the marketplace.

LOVE this information, thanks

I hope they do make a return. Both models are dope and should make a return since it’s been a few years.

i think the issue with the ES22 were that they went to heavy on extra colorways
True. I think the only retro+ colorway I liked were grey/black pairs. The rest were okay but could’ve been much better. I’ll be honest and say that I’d buy ANY colorway if found at a reasonable price nowadays.

The colorway thing is also tough. I agree with it whole heartedly but this is the issue with bring backs. In order to pay for that investment of opening molds and re introducing a silhouette you have to push enough product to cover that cost. Unfortunately you may weaken you brand or the mystic of a product but you can’t just make 2-3 original colorways as it’s not with the money spent. I agree Reebok missed the mark on these and a couple others but that’s the logic behind way so many color ways are flooded into the marketplace.

Thank you so much for clearing that up! Please don’t ever leave the Reebok threads, we all appreciate you so much dude. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_fire::pimp:

The colorway thing is also tough. I agree with it whole heartedly but this is the issue with bring backs. In order to pay for that investment of opening molds and re introducing a silhouette you have to push enough product to cover that cost. Unfortunately you may weaken you brand or the mystic of a product but you can’t just make 2-3 original colorways as it’s not worth the time and money spent. I agree Reebok missed the mark on these and a couple others but that’s the logic behind way so many color ways are flooded into the marketplace.

i will say due to my typical time wearing the ES22s being fall/winter/bad weather time, i much prefer the gum. also i get the gotta get the product out to recoup cost but this a case where maybe instead of 7-9 cws in a year or 2 maybe do 3 a year so that they have a more limited sense, i will say that the ES22 extra CWs did at least for the most part make sense like the 2 Pro ball pairs & college pair

Back
Top Bottom