**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

And those digital mixtapes on datpiff and livemixtapes

Most artist are still pressing them up and distributing them locally or in their region.

If you're smart it comes full circle like it did with Nicki and Drake, they were hot in the streets also. Drake had gotten with J Prince Jr before he even hooked up with Wayne.

True. _'s don't sell CD's and DVD's outta their coats no more. It sounds weird but in 2014 the internet is the world.
I get offered music
Why would someone allowed themselves to be jigged when you can download Spinrilla any other mixtape app on your iPhone/Android for free 
laugh.gif

Why would someone allowed themselves to be jigged when you can download Spinrilla any other mixtape app on your iPhone/Android for free :lol:

Because getting hot locally is a way to get local shows and maybe even get a deal.

I've known artist who did that, and got noticed by known artist who try to put them on or take them under their wing.

It's easier to come up under someone else.

Last edited:
We've had this argument a hundred times literally :lol:

Idk what y'all talking about with mixtapes & what not. I can still go to the hood grocery store & cats is up there selling cds/mixtapes. Can still go to the gas station in another hood & get any cd/mixtape I want slowed down by dj whyte girl :pimp:

You nerds were praising MNIMN when it dropped, I go to a concert at the height of the albums buzz & no one in the crowd know a single word. Not everybody finds out about music the way you do, regardless of how important the internet is to a musicians popularity nowadays.

Why would someone allowed themselves to be jigged when you can download Spinrilla any other mixtape app on your iPhone/Android for free 
laugh.gif
Because getting hot locally is a way to get local shows and maybe even get a deal.

I've known artist who did that, and got noticed by known artist who try to put them on or take them under their wing.

It's easier to come up under someone else.
I was referring to the consumer's POV, assuming they want you to purchase tapes

But I understand what you're saying . . . I know of people still handing out tapes (for free doe), not everyone has an AUX cord in their car

I was referring to the consumer's POV, assuming they want you to purchase tapes​

But I understand what you're saying . . . I know of people still handing out tapes (for free doe), not everyone has an AUX cord in their car​

I just hate when someone ask me to pay for something(donation), and I have no clue who you are and if I will like your music.

dudes trolling just to troll at this point

the internet didn't make Keef hot?

what did? I damn sure didn't hear about him from all my frequent visits to the slums of chicago

Any Ross album>MNIMN
To be honest, I forgot Pusha even dropped a solo. Very forgettable.

And this last album from Ross Came and went in a week and i'm a ross fan... By far his weakest album

I agree. Mastermind was very weak. I still prefer it over MNIMN.
& I'll put Deeper than Rap against anything Pusha has dropped.
Lyrics don't equate to good music.

My point is...WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN IN 2014?

If you can turn making music on the internet into a viable form of income and fame...what does "the internet" mean at that point?

Lil B's manager is the same manager that Eminem had and has stated that Lil B was pulling down 10K a month off digital sales and touring.

Is that money digital? Can he only spend that on the internet? We live in the digital word.

WE'RE on the internet right now.  That "only exist on the internet" ******** is an attempted knock at someone's perceived fame or importance that died YEARS ago. Anyone saying Pusha T only exists on the internet is stupid.

Facebook is only on the internet too. That's a multi billion dollar company.

The difference is like I said Pusha T is big on the net, that's the only place you gone hear him. You not going hear Pusha T on the radio meanwhile Rick Ross has a presence on the Internet and in real life on the radio. Apparently that's not Push's lane. You not gone have ppl at the club requesting the new Pusha T single. But that's cool like I said that's my guy he just had on a life jacket out in them shallow solo waters until he dropped that highly overrated but good album. But I wouldnt expect Most of y'all to know that because alot of y'all live on the Internet. Got 5000 posts in a little bit over a year and be on this ***** saying a whole lot of nothing. victor page victor page need to take his ugly *** outside, you probably got braids just like Push, don't you?

dudes trolling just to troll at this point

the internet didn't make Keef hot?

what did? I damn sure didn't hear about him from all my frequent visits to the slums of chicago

What are you talking about :lol:

"I Don't Like" was on the streets of Chicago and then took off nationally.

His mixtapes took off locally and then went national also. Just like the whole 300 thing. The internet got it later.

I highly doubt you go to the "slums" of Chicago as you say. Maybe you should google his Wikipedia page :lol:

"I Don't Like" went from the streets of Chicago to taking off Nationally.

Mixtapes went from streets of Chicago to National.

And somehow both managed to avoid the internet until "later"?

In 2014?

:lol:

The difference is like I said Pusha T is big on the net, that's the only place you gone hear him. You not going hear Pusha T on the radio meanwhile Rick Ross has a presence on the Internet and in real life on the radio. Apparently that's not Push's lane. You not gone have ppl at the club requesting the new Pusha T single. But that's cool like I said that's my guy he just had on a life jacket out in them shallow solo waters until he dropped that highly overrated but good album. But I wouldnt expect Most of y'all to know that because alot of y'all live on the Internet. Got 5000 posts in a little bit over a year and be on this ***** saying a whole lot of nothing. @VICTOR PAGE need to take his ugly *** outside, you probably got braids just like Push, don't you?
I feel sorry for your mother.

What are you talking about :lol:

His mixtapes took off locally and then went national also. Just like the whole 300 thing. The internet got it later.

I highly doubt you go to the "slums" of Chicago as you say. Maybe you should google his Wikipedia page :lol:

i think your sarcasm meter is broken that was my whole point genius

how did those songs take off? how did people hear about them?

THE INTERNET.

I only ever heard of Keef because of this very website

I'm in NY nobody heard about him thru hand written letters the songs started buzzing on the internet and boom

i think your sarcasm meter is broken that was my whole point genius

how did those songs take off? how did people hear about them?

THE INTERNET.

I only ever heard of Keef because of this very website

I'm in NY nobody heard about him thru hand written letters the songs started buzzing on the internet and boom

The streets, clubs and radio

The majority of people didn't hear about Chief Keef on the internet.

Ya'll really need to spend more time off the internet. Go to a club or strip club to notice the differences in musical taste.

What are you talking about
laugh.gif

I highly doubt you go to the "slums" of Chicago as you say. Maybe you should google his Wikipedia page
laugh.gif
Only reason Keef took off was because of Kanye.

You act like going/being from the "slums" is something to be proud of.

Downtown Chicago is the only place I go to. You can blow up the rest of it.

How are you coming to this conclusion? Like...how are you speaking on what the majority of people are doing?

apparently he knows whats going on in every city in the world

I know I and everyone else i know found out about keef the same way people find out about new music 9/10 times these days THE INTERNET.

same way i found wiz khalifa

curren$y

wale

Action Bronson

Young Thug

and just about every other rapper who's popped off in the last couple years

dudes are only convincing themselves with this **** honestly

the internet is how music pops in this day and age there's no if's and's or but's about it

Im 100% sure anybody thats into hip hop knew about keef before kanye made the remix, & how did his mixtape take off locally? i doubt dudes was selling a 16 yr olds mixtape when people can get it ONLINE for free, keef popped off because 3hunna was doing numbers on worldstar then he dropped dont like on worldstar & it was over from there, you probably were aware of him locally but dont act like john madden & all that other bs had keef hot, twitter & worldstar made keef

And this last album from Ross Came and went in a week and i'm a ross fan... By far his weakest album
I thought u was crazy when u said this the week after it came out... Now the only song I check for is nobody. Mnimn is light years better than mastermind

The Internet is the new streets, in regards to music.

When I was in high school, every car was bumping GRODT. The "streets" were why 50 was hot.

When I was in college and So Far Gone dropped, same thing. It was in every car, however, it was downloaded off THE INTERNET.

Keef took off on the net, bro. Suburban kids are why Keef is hot. Accept it.

Back
Top Bottom