**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Ross is not a dope lyricist, but you lyin if you dont think he makes dope music.

Forgive me yeezy disciples, but Kanye isnt very lyrical either, but he makes great music.

That first line had me literally laughing out loud.

A rapper is not a dope lyricist, but somehow it's unfathomable that he doesn't make dope music.

:lol:

Basically what you're saying is the producers, not Ross, make the dope music. Since the rapper's lyrics aren't dope. He just doesn't ruin the beats.

Kanye for the most part produces his own music. So while he can't rap for ****, in his case, yes, HE makes dope music.

Usually.

I'd say Pusha is easily a better rapper than Ross too.

Last edited:
Better lyricist? Maybe. But better rapper? **** no.

doubtful-cos.gif

Huge Ross fan but he's not better than Pusha T in anything rap related.

Delivery maybe but that's a moot point.

Ross works with the same producers as everybody else, but it's the producers that make his music good???

A. His ear for beats is better than most

B. His concepts for songs and albums are better than most

C. He layers solid lyrics over said beats, and his delivery is top notch

Just because he's not actually on the SP12 or Fruity Loops or whatever the hell machine is being used, doesn't mean that he doesn't play a vital role and creating his own sound.

JUSTiCE League were some no-name producers before linking up with Ross and I'm still not a fan of most of their work outside of what they do with Rozay.

There's a reason why rappers want to join the MMG imprint and is because Ross knows how to put together a project better than some lyrically superior MC's.

Lol you guys are acting like Ross is Gucci lyrically. Hate on him all you want but Ross paints such vivid pictures in his songs and storytelling that half this thread is hating on him because of his past. This stuff wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't writing stuff like Triple Beam Dreams

Ross is def on par with Pusha lyrically.

Ross works with the same producers as everybody else, but it's the producers that make his music good???

Just because he's not actually on the SP12 or Fruity Loops or whatever the hell machine is being used, doesn't mean that he doesn't play a vital role and creating his own sound.

JUSTiCE League were some no-name producers before linking up with Ross and I'm still not a fan of most of their work outside of what they do with Rozay.

There's a reason why rappers want to join the MMG imprint and is because Ross knows how to put together a project better than some lyrically superior MC's.
Stop bro stop telling the truth in here! Dudes so caught up on the past and omg he was a co they ignore the good music, well they deny it. We get so caught up in these dudes personal lives and want them to be so REAL. Then u get these lil Chicago ****** being REAL and dudes crying complaining and talking how its sad and getting out of hand. Put all that personal life **** to the side and enjoy the music man lol. 9x outta 10 your favorite mainstream artist lies and exaggerates but if the music is good who cares

Stop bro stop telling the truth in here! Dudes so caught up on the past and omg he was a co they ignore the good music, well they deny it. We get so caught up in these dudes personal lives and want them to be so REAL. Then u get these lil Chicago ****** being REAL and dudes crying complaining and talking how its sad and getting out of hand. Put all that personal life **** to the side and enjoy the music man lol. 9x outta 10 your favorite mainstream artist lies and exaggerates but if the music is good who cares

These dudes dont know ross personally, him not being "real" is just an opinion, dudes act like being a co is a actual police officer, its more security guard than actual cop

Everybody saying Ross not lyrical is foolish, it's not all about metaphors and similes. His alliterations are on point, 2nd to none. Boy be painting vivid pics with his lyrics.

If the first and best thing you can say about a RAPPER is that they have a "ear for beats" your argument is dead on arrival, and rightly so.  Dudes like Ross need to use beats for help, while an actual good rapper helps the beat.  
Hate on him all you want but Ross paints such vivid pictures in his songs and storytelling that half this thread is hating on him because of his past.
Boy be painting vivid pics with his lyrics.
Some of you ****** should really go visit an art gallery or something along those lines if you want to see a "vivid picture".  Most of you ****** don't even know what a "vivid picture" really is, let alone can describe one.  

Pusha on his worst day raps circles around Rick Ross.
Pusha makes music for dudes that walk to the store with a skateboard in their hand
 ​
I don't know how this statement makes sense/what this means (I guess suburban kids cats), but it always cracks me up when people say "__________ makes music for ****** who ___________"​
 ​
It's never NOT funny 
laugh.gif
 ​

Last edited:
Ross a lyricist? :lol:

Wale is better at rapping than Rick Ross

I wouldn't put Ross in a top anything if we're talking about bars

He's made some good songs

but you boys not listening to enough rap if you're being WOW'd by Ross bars

Back
Top Bottom