**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Only reason Keef took off was because of Kanye.

You act like going/being from the "slums" is something to be proud of.

Downtown Chicago is the only place I go to. You can blow up the rest of it.

Yes sir damn ryteim from it and I say blow that **** up evil breeding evil spreading evil in too many ways every damn day..

Keef was on house arrest throwing **** on youtube n worldstar..kanye peeped it saw some money to b made n not the garbage he would spread and signed him

Smh at kanye signing a dude making albums saying proudly his album will raise the murder rate in his city...

Makes me sick dudes a father and a millionaire and still won't see past all the ********

Last edited:
Rick Ross going to be the first rapper to die of breast cancer lol
-cris rock

Last edited:
When did ye sign keef? Keef good music now? Or we got another ***** that don't know wtf he talking about jumping in the discussion

When did ye sign keef? Keef good music now? Or we got another ***** that don't know wtf he talking about jumping in the discussion

Kanye never signed Keef. He just did what he was supposed to. He showed somebody from the crib some love. Gave the dude a chance to make some $.

I can't remember if it was Kanye or someone else in GOOD who had let it out that the reason the "Don't Like" remix was delayed was because 'Ye wanted Keef to put some effort into his actual verse, but Keef kept coming back with Keef.

Last edited:
dont even kno what the hell yall are talking about anymore lol kanye never signed keef nor made any money off of the dont like remix

I don't care for the technical garbage

He pulled the scumbag off youtube..

Legitimized him..all that money dude still refuses to grow up...

That's why nobody messes with em

The streets, clubs and radio

The majority of people didn't hear about Chief Keef on the internet.

Ya'll really need to spend more time off the internet. Go to a club or strip club to notice the differences in musical taste.
i gotta be honest...i didn't hear about keef until NT either...it didn't reach the east coast like that until the net, then the streets then the radio/clubs. in that order.

Exactly.

Of course the "streets, clubs" were big factors. LOCALLY.

Maybe some radio. But who in their right mind would believe that the internet wasn't responsible for that record spreading as much, if not more than those other 3 factors?

For a new jack rapper out of Chicago.

Be sensible. These rules aren't rigid. There is no "streets, to club, to radio, to internet" anymore. At least a few of those elements tend to co-exist all at once. And the internet is rarely late on things :lol:

Clubs and streets are local. If something goes from local to national, something has to carry it. Dudes ain't writing letters, sending carrier pigeons or smoke signals to each other about Keef.

There are Youtube posting of that song dating back to March 2012. Youtube is on the internet.

First spin on that record didn't happen until May 2nd, 2012 at WZMX Hartford, Hot97, KMEL SF and a few others.

The radio play really kicked after the deal with Interscope, which was in June.

And was driven primarily by what was happening virally. On the internet.

The very idea that someone would believe "I Don't Like" went from local to National without the internet in this day and age is laughable.

Last edited:
The internet is the pipeline to exposure. Utilize it. Also Rick is one of the illest lyricists today. If you guys don't think William Roberts can't spit, then yall hard of hearing. Also, Rick should have never denied that CO picture in the first place. Credibility was tarnished after that. Ross has had a very controversial career.

Rick got exposed but stayed in character. The ones who try to change after they get exposed are the ones who fall off

If ja kept making them singing on the hook radio singles he would've stayed relevant longer. Fool tried going super gangster and looked like a damn fool

Last edited:
rick-ross-lifting-feat.png

Part of me doesnt want to beleive this......

Wait....... Chief Keef wasnt a beneficiary of the internet?

If the first and best thing you can say about a RAPPER is that they have a "ear for beats" your argument is dead on arrival, and rightly so.  Dudes like Ross need to use beats for help, while an actual good rapper helps the beat.

Gotta stop you right here champ.

Like 50 said on the classic rowdy rowdy... "An ill flow without a ill beat, IS INCOMPLETE."

They are both equal, two parts that come together to make a whole. One does not have more importance over the other.

Name me a classic acapella rap album...

giphy.gif

Name me a rap album that's considered a classic that didn't have ill beats...

don-t-worry-i-ll-wait-o.gif

Acting as if battle rappers aren't perfect examples of good lyricists rapping over wack production and making horrible projects.

And that whole rappers that only exist/are hot on the internet debate...

Are we going to act like Freddie Gibbs isn't a perfect example of this? :lol:

On the internet, I noticed that dude is some type of god tier mc. In real life you ask somebody who he is and there's an 80% chance you'll get hit with a :stoneface:

Beat & hook is about 80% of a hip hop hit

Having an ear for beats is a talent, thats why the south is still running the game

And that whole rappers that only exist/are hot on the internet debate...

Are we going to act like Freddie Gibbs isn't a perfect example of this? :lol:

On the internet, I noticed that dude is some type of god tier mc. In real life you ask somebody who he is and there's an 80% chance you'll get hit with a :stoneface:

Which Internet do you use where people say he's a god tier MC? I don't even think people say that in his thread. Is he one if the more dope newer rappers out? Most def. Stop with the hyperboles.

Good **** Ross for makin supreme the next single I'm lookin forward to see what the vid will be like

Back
Top Bottom