THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

^to be fair though, the game was mostly lakers highlights. the only ones for the warriors worth mentioning would be the biedrins dunk on farmar and the ARblock.

smu9l1.jpg

acidicality wrote:

KenJi714 wrote:
Lakers looking unbeatable
pimp.gif

Beating the Warriors doesn't mean !!**.
laugh.gif
youre right my brother
pimp.gif

plus its just a preseason game but i gotta say my man shannon is fierce!...i wished i couldve seen the game but i had class last night FML!

i didnt see the block on kobe but i bet it was revenge from last year when kobe blocked randolphs dunk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by presumed

smu9l1.jpg
i expect the warriors franchise to put this up in the rafters at oracle arena...the only big accomplishment of this season for thewarriors
pimp.gif
wink.gif

have a good season warrior fans and good luck!...i look forward to our friendly rivalry on NT!
happy.gif

btw shannon brown>>the warriors
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Yessssssssssss!

Yo Paul, do you think I can get an avy request? Only if you have time though..I don't want you to take time out of your day since you're working andall.
But if you can, can you do from 7 seconds to 9 seconds? I don't really care about the borders or whatever, so just whatever you think looks good.

Thanks if you can!

Late but,
smh.gif
@ Mikki Moore trying to take charges. I hate that crap when bigs don't use their height advantage on the guards.

Also, Randolph blocking Kobe.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Was it Monta's same ankle, or no?
Yup.
[h2]Exhibition #2: Ws vs. Lakers[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 at 7:21 pm in Uncategorized.

This could be one of those seasons.
The Warriors lose Brandan Wright on a re-injury. Now, as if Murphy's Law is kicking in, Monta Ellis gets hurt. Yes, it's his ankle. Yes, his left ankle.

The initial report is that the injury isn't bad. I'm told if it were a regular season game, Ellis would've played. Members of the Warriors organization are still hoping like crazy this is just regular sprained ankle, the kind that always happen. But with Ellis and his ankle history, there is no such thing as a regular sprained ankle when it comes to his left wheel.

NELSON: "I just didn't want to fool around with it. He probably could have played if it was a regular season game. But why mess around. I would've been paranoid anyway."

Fewer than two minutes into the game, Ellis took a baseline jumper and sprained his left ankle when he stepped on a camera man's foot. He limped down court on defense while assistant coach Keith Smart screamed for the Warriors to foul intentionally. They finally did and Ellis hobbled to the bench in obvious pain. He eventually went to the locker room, under his own power but limping, right away. Stephen Curry checked in for him.
Ellis returned to the bench before the end of the first quarter. His status was uncertain until halftime, when he was ruled out of action. Curry started for Ellis in the second half. Ellis was on the bench during the third quarter, but disappeared into the locker room to ice his ankle. He was not available for comment after the game.

Kelenna Azubuike was out with a sprained left ankle, which I'm told he sustained the practice before the Clippers game. Apparently, it was just a precaution. Ronny Turiaf (sore right knee), Devean George (sore left knee) and C.J. Watson (sprained right MCL) were all out.

It was a rigid outing for Steph Curry, who played more than 40 minutes and finished with 11 points and four assists. His shot was off (5-for-15 from the field, 1-for-5 from 3-point range) and he committed six turnovers. The Lakers roughed him up with physical defense. The help defenders were especially aggressive and physical, including Kobe Bryant.

NELSON: "He struggled. But that was good for him. Good experience."

Curry started off distributing. He threw two behind-the-back passes in the first quarter - the latter, off a pick-and-roll, set-up a lay-up for Biedrins who was cutting down the Fsamemiddle.
But as the game pressed on, things got harder. He didn't shy away, but the physicality looked to be a factor. They trapped him and body checked him as he drove to the lane and swiped at him.
Curry never really looked comfortable. He took a couple of ill-advised shots, which looks to be the norm, and looked to be settling for the open look the moment he got one. Plus he found himself guarding some pretty strong players in Derek Fisher, Shannon Brown and even Kobe.

MORROW: "It's good he's seeing it. That's why coach played him so much, so he can experience it. He'll be fine. He needed to see that, how they're going to play him physically. I last year, I saw that a lot. … But he's a tough kid. He'll be all right. He's crafty. He knows how to get his shot off."

This is the life Curry can look forward to as Nelson said before the game Curry would be at least a part-time starter.

NELSON: "I think I'm going to, because the kid (Curry) is so good, leave that spot open and it will be a match-up thing. We're going to have a small backcourt anyway. We might as well start that way sometimes."

Nelson said that he wouldn't name a fifth starter to go with Randolph, Jackson, Ellis and Biedrins. He would instead let the match-up dictate who is the fifth starter. It would be Curry unless the match-up is to demanding defensively. Then he'd go with Kelenna Azubuike at SF (and Jax at SG) or Anthony Morrow at SG.
There aren't many teams, especially in the west, who have shooting guards who are too imposing for Monta to even line-up against. The Lakers are one. Miami is another. Orlando is another. Portland has Brandon Roy. There are assuredly a few others. The rest, Ellis will just have to survive, because Nelson sounds hell-bent on playing Curry.

CURRY: "It's good to hear. Makes me want to keep working hard. I'm not going to get a big head or nothing. That's why I'm going to act like I never heard it."

The Warriors defense is so bad anyway, the Warriors might as well put the best offensive team on the court. With Curry and Ellis together, they may give up 125 a night. With Ellis and a bigger two guard, they may give up 120 a night.
In their first preseason game, the Lakers just put up the highest total of the preseason with Bryan, Odom, Gasol and Artest combining for a mere 51 points (none of them played more than 26 minutes).

Mikki Moore got banged on by Shannon Brown. It was sick. One-hand. Emphatic. He took off from pretty far. It didn't look like he would get there. Mikki Moore tried to take the charge. I'm sure he didn't think Brown would try to dunk it. Nor did anyone else in the Honda Center.
Somebody screamed from the crowd "Hey, Moore, you got (expletive) on!"
Moore smiled. He shrugged his shoulders and motioned his arms as if to say what can you do about it
Moore to the fan: "It happens"

By the way, no, Biedrins is not the next Oscar Robertson. I wrote in Wednesday's paper that he had 17 consecutive triple-doubles. He didn't. I meant double-doubles.

Morrow was uncharacteristically off on Wednesday. He was 2-for-6 in the first half, including 0-for-2 from 3-point range. In the third quarter, he missed a wide open look from the right side. Then his hoist from the top looked like one of Jackson's bad bricks. It clanked off the backboard to the right of the rim.

MORROW: "I was open. That thing just went off to the side."

At one point, he was 2-for-9 from the field, 0-for-5 from 3-point range.
He got going when the game was over and finished with 25 points on 8-for-18 shooting, 3-for-9 from 3-point range.

Randolph finished with 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks and 4 turnovers. At times it looked as if he was the only one playing defense.
He rejected a Kobe Bryant fast-break dunk. Kobe got behind the defense and went up for a tomahawk dunk. Randolph came from behind to swat it away at the rim. A couple minutes later, he caught Jordan Farmar's reverse at the rim.
His biggest block of the night was against David Monds. Randolph caught it above the rim and spiked it like a volleyball. It bounced into the stands.
I told Randolph that Bill Russell would tell him to keep that ball in play and start the break.

RANDOLPH: "I know. But sometimes, you gotta let 'em know."

Funny scene: Just in case Curry thought he was getting big time, he was reminded that he's just a rookie today. There was one too few locker stalls in the visiting locker room of the Honda Center. So rookies Curry and Shaun Pruitt had to share. Both of their name plates was over one cubicle, which had one chair. It was right next to the shower/bathroom.

Randolph finished with 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks and 4 turnovers. At times it looked as if he was the only one playing defense.
He rejected a Kobe Bryant fast-break dunk. Kobe got behind the defense and went up for a tomahawk dunk. Randolph came from behind to swat it away at the rim. A couple minutes later, he caught Jordan Farmar's reverse at the rim.
His biggest block of the night was against David Monds. Randolph caught it above the rim and spiked it like a volleyball. It bounced into the stands.
I told Randolph that Bill Russell would tell him to keep that ball in play and start the break.
RANDOLPH: "I know. But sometimes, you gotta let 'em know."
i dig it.

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

Yessssssssssss!

Yo Paul, do you think I can get an avy request? Only if you have time though..I don't want you to take time out of your day since you're working and all.
But if you can, can you do from 7 seconds to 9 seconds? I don't really care about the borders or whatever, so just whatever you think looks good.

Thanks if you can!
hahaha i hope that block on kobe from AR
nerd.gif

if you dont mind, i have an avy request too...if you can ill pm you the video.

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

Yessssssssssss!

Yo Paul, do you think I can get an avy request? Only if you have time though..I don't want you to take time out of your day since you're working and all.

Thanks if you can!
I can do it. I got you.

Originally Posted by BangDak

hahaha i hope that block on kobe from AR
nerd.gif

if you dont mind, i have an avy request too...if you can ill pm you the video.
Send it to me. I'll work on it when I get a chance.

In the 2nd round the Warriors took Monta Ellis, a player who was ridiculously overhyped by most scouting services all year, but was destined for the 2nd round since the day he declared because of his attitude and lack of PG skills. Ellis reportedly refused to work out for a couple of teams drafting in the late first round, citing that he had a promise already from another team. He then allegedly came in hung over to the combines at the pre-draft camp and narrowly edged out Luke Schenscher to save himself from ending up as the worst athlete in Chicago. At the end of the day he saw his stock fall to the mid 2nd round, where the Warriors got great value for a guy they can stash in the D-League for the next year or two until he's maybe ready to back up Baron Davis or take his game to Europe.
laugh.gif

[h2]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=49190[/h2]
[h2]Ellis/Azubuike practice Thursday[/h2] Both Monta Ellis and Kelenna Azubuike practiced Thursday, but their availability for Friday's preseason game against the Lakers is still a little muddled.

Ellis, who left Wednesday's loss with a sprained left ankle in the opening two minutes, practiced full tilt Thursday and is considered probable by the Warriors' staff. Azubuike, who missed Wednesday's game after spraining his left ankle Monday, will be a game-time decision, according to the Warriors.

Brandan Wright met with Dr. James Andrews in Florida on Thursday and is tentatively scheduled to undergo surgery on his dislocated left shoulder Friday. Once the surgery is complete, the Warriors will release a timetable for his rehab.

With knee injuries, Ronny Turiaf, C.J. Watson and Devean George are each expected to miss Friday's preseason game.

Originally Posted by acidicality

laugh.gif
at Faker fans crying that we're hyping up the block, when they're hyping up that dunk.
[Chris Jericho] Hypocrites. [/Chris Jericho]

Got to love to love basketball season.
laugh.gif

[Acid] Laker fans are picking on usssssss
frown.gif
[Acid]

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Every year same thing, Laker fan says something, we're hypocrites.
grin.gif
Thas ok. I'll take that just fine.

Hey uh, how did ya'll get that "evidence" from ESPN? Cuz certainly it was gonna be destroyed right? Right?
nerd.gif

I see the article DP read to get that assessment on Monta...
laugh.gif

#9: Golden State: B

Ike Diogu, PF, Arizona State (#9)
Monta Ellis, PG, Lainier HS (#40)
Chris Taft, PF, Pitt (#42)

Although he probably won't be an allstar, Diogu is an excellent pick for the Warriors for where they were drafting. He will bring them a lot of things that they are sorely missing right now, including scoring inside the post, toughness, work ethic, rebounding and a high character. We've been telling you for months and months about how underrated Diogu is, and the truth finally came out on draft night. Diogu was promised by the Warriors that he would not slip past them after he worked out for them a few days before the draft (DraftExpress were the only ones to report about this workout), but only if Channing Frye was not on the board. He was there, and unlike a few other promises we heard about, this one was actually kept.

In the 2nd round the Warriors took Monta Ellis, a player who was ridiculously overhyped by most scouting services all year, but was destined for the 2nd round since the day he declared because of his attitude and lack of PG skills. Ellis reportedly refused to work out for a couple of teams drafting in the late first round, citing that he had a promise already from another team. He then allegedly came in hung over to the combines at the pre-draft camp and narrowly edged out Luke Schenscher to save himself from ending up as the worst athlete in Chicago. At the end of the day he saw his stock fall to the mid 2nd round, where the Warriors got great value for a guy they can stash in the D-League for the next year or two until he's maybe ready to back up Baron Davis or take his game to Europe.

Chris Taft is a guy who was projected as a lottery pick for most of the year, but absolutely killed his stock with his poor work ethic and by coming in out of shape and working out poorly for every single NBA team we spoke with. Maybe he'll come in with some type of chip on his shoulder next season, but that's pretty doubtful unless the NBDL can somehow wake him up from his coma.

Good god, Monta is the only saving grace of that draft.

Furthermore:
Weepers

These are the guys who should not have declared. Many, many underclassmen and high school seniors get the wrong advice from people who don't have their best interests in mind. This year saw a handful of early entrants who thought they were sure-fire first round picks, or at the very least high second round choices. Kelenna Azubuike, Dwayne Jones, Matt Walsh, Anthony Roberson, Kennedy Winston, John Gilchrist, Tiras Wade and most notably, Randolph Morris, all had the option of returning to school and improving their stock, but now they will be stuck fighting for their lives in summer leagues, minor leagues, or euro leagues; these are not the leagues these guys want to be in, in fact, they all probably feel 20,000 leagues under the sea right now. This year's second round saw a record number of high school players selected. CJ Miles, Monta Ellis, Louis Williams, Andray Blatche and Amir Johnson all must have thought they were first round picks, or else they most certainly would have opted for college.

Now they have to fight for a roster spot and may end up playing in the NBDL. No million dollar contracts, no big houses and fine cars, just hope that they can prove themselves. It's actually quite sad because all of them either signed a letter of intent with or were reportedly recruited by top programs, and would have assuredly improved their stocks by playing in the NCAA. For everyone who thinks the new age rule is a bad idea, track the careers of these five young men and you'll see why it had to be done. My final two weepers were, at one time, projected to go as high as number one overall. Now they will be forced to follow a different path. Chris Taft has been a lottery pick on most mock drafts all season, despite showing disappointing stats and a lackadaisical attitude. His reputation and lack of work ethic finally caught up with him and he dropped like a sack full of hammers. He may end up finding a spot on the Warriors' bench, but his minutes won't crack double digits for at least the first few years or perhaps ever. It's too bad, because he would have been the man at Pitt next year, with the departure of senior Chevon Troutman. Martynas Andriuskevicius is another guy who'd been projected to go very high. He had scouts drooling over him for years, as his was 7'3" and could actually move quite well. Not to mention he was being tutored by the great Arvydas Sabonis.

laugh.gif
At least 3 names the Warriors have or have had, notincluding Taft.

damn man, what the hell happened to chris taft? guy was supposed to be like a potential lottery pick that year and just fell into oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom