THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Fitz said he would trade Randolph + fillers for Boozer in a second today. I hate the show so much that I like it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Fitz said he would trade Randolph + fillers for Boozer in a second today. I hate the show so much that I like it
ohwell.gif
With or without an extension in place?

[h1]ForGolden State Warriors, trade deadline will probably come and go; MontaEllis is injured, will not play vs. Los Angeles Lakers[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
Oakland Tribune

Posted: 02/15/2010 10:16:45 PM PST

Updated: 02/16/2010 08:19:09 AM PST

LOSANGELES — Warriors general manager Larry Riley said the probabilityfavors Golden State not making a trade by Thursday's deadline. He saidhe's fine if that is the case. He said he will try again in theoffseason, and until then he will evaluate the roster for the rest ofthe season.

The rest of the season starts tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers, and it will start without Monta Ellis.

TheWarriors' star guard will not play tonight. Instead, he will get hissprained left knee evaluated by Dr. James Andrews today in Birmingham,Ala. Andrews is the same doctor who repaired Ellis' torn left ACL hissenior year in high school.

Ellis sustained the injury in thefinal minutes of a home loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Feb. 8. Hisstatus for Wednesday's home game against the Sacramento Kings will bedetermined after Andrews makes an evaluation.

"We definitelycould use him," said Warriors guard Anthony Morrow, who likely willstart at shooting guard in place of Ellis. "But when I was out, he toldme not to rush back. So I would tell him the same thing."

Rileysaid he isn't "overly concerned" about Ellis' left knee thanks to thepreliminary diagnosis and Ellis' propensity for bouncing back frominjuries. Ellis' injury certainly isn't enough to shift Riley's focusfrom the phones.

Although Riley said it doesn't look like a dealwill be made by Thursday's trade deadline, he said he will still trysome things over the next two days.

Oneof his options, according to a couple sources (one from the Warriorsand one from an Eastern Conference front office), is to trade forwardCorey Maggette to the Cleveland Cavaliers for center ZydrunasIlgauskas' $11.5 million expiring contract. But if that were to happen,it would be closer to Thursday and Cleveland would have exhausted itsother options — which reportedly include Phoenix Suns forward AmareStoudemire, Washington Wizards forward Antawn Jamison and IndianaPacers big man Troy Murphy.

Riley declined to comment on specifics, but he did say the door isn't completely closed to a trade.

"Therecould be something that comes up at the end (of the deadline)," Rileysaid in a phone interview. "I've got two or three balls in the air. Butthey're about to drop."

The players the Warriors want eitheraren't available, or the Warriors can't present the best offer. Thatleaves the Warriors on the outside looking in for the players theycovet: New Orleans Hornets forward David West, New York Knickscenter/forward David Lee, Minnesota Timberwolves center Al Jeffersonand Houston Rockets forwards Carl Landry and Luis Scola, to name a few.

While Golden State has expiring contracts, it doesn't, likeother teams, have desirable players it is willing to include to sweetenthe deal. Such players are either injured or carry sizable contracts.Plus, teams are looking to dump bad contracts, and Riley said theWarriors can't take any.

The Warriors might be willing to take ona player under salary for next season, one source said. But the playerwould have to be a fit on the court and can't require giving up toomuch. For instance, Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko is making $17million next season. Shave about $5 million off that, and the Warriorsprobably would deal for him. But as it stands, they would have to giveup too much (i.e., center Andris Biedrins) to make it work.

"I'llbe on the phones the rest of this period," Riley said, "but I'm notoverly excited about anything I'm getting at this point. ... That'swhat it seems, like the best move will be not making a move. But we'vebeen preparing for the summer for some time."

Note:Maggette practiced and is expected to play tonight after missing thepast two games with a dislocated left ring finger. But at the end ofpractice, he dunked and his finger popped out of socket again.Maggette, in obvious pain, was treated and was joking with histeammates when he left the practice court. Maggette sustained theinjury Feb. 6 vs. Oklahoma City.

There are times when I think he can turn into a real good player. There are also times when I don't. One thing I know, he needs Nelson gone in order to grow.

AR looks really lost out there sometimes but like DAP said, he needs a new coach with consistent minutes to find out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3455
[h1]Leading Off: Ellison could right Warriors' ship[/h1][h2][/h2]
http:///w.sharethis.com/images/rotating-icon.gif?CXNID=1000014.0NXC);">http://w.sharethis.com/im...gif?CXNID=1000014.0NXC); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: initial; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(2, 74, 130); padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 22px; background-position: 0px 0px; ">ShareThis 

/l.yimg.com/ds/orion/1.0.14/img/badge-logo.png);">http://l.yimg.com/ds/orio....14/img/badge-logo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: transparent; height: 16px; width: 16px; margin-top: 0px; background-position: 0% 0%; ">Buzz up!

By Victor Contreras 

[h3]Ellison could right Warriors' sinking ship[/h3]
So you're sick and tired of the Kings missing the playoffs and not having any marquee players who annually represent your team at the NBA All-Star Game?

Try being a Golden State Warriors fan:

• One playoff berth in the past 15 seasons.

• No players in the All-Star Game in 13 seasons.

• A team so mismanaged from the very top, it only makes sense that their next-door neighbors are Al Davis and the Raiders.

But while Davis would rather walk through hell in a gasoline-soaked silver and black jumpsuit than sell his team, Warriors owner Chris Cohanhas the "for sale" sign on the cracked windshield of his broken-down heap.

And so far, the only one kicking the tires is Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO of Oracle Corp.

Ellison recently admitted that he's "trying" to buy the team, but added at a public gathering, "Unfortunately, you can't have a hostile takeover of a basketball team."

Maybe he should consider it.

Cohan is reportedly asking a ridiculous price of $400 million.

Ellison is smart, not cheap. The software king is worth about $22.5 billion, but it doesn't mean he's going to just hand over the cash.

Ellison, who helped finance the BMW Oracle Racing team that won the America's Cup this past weekend, loves the challenge of creating something out of nothing. Because of this, he'll eventually reach an agreement with Cohan.

He'll be the NBA's richest and most powerful owner. He'll quickly clean house, firing general manager Larry Riley, who wouldn't fire Don Nelson.

Ellison will bring in smart basketball men to run his business and spend his money aggressively yet wisely. He knows only how to win.

Brighter days are ahead for Warriors fans. It's just a matter of Ellison making Cohan an offer he can't refuse.

Please wake me up when these Ellison rumblings can actually come to fruition. Right now its just Bay Area sports journalists sending their editors more BS because they got nothing else to write about.

Back
Top Bottom