-The Official Sneaker Wiki Thread- (Post interesting facts/backstories/design inspiration)

:lol: I know that, I meant where the color came from. Everything before has always been based on the Bulls colorway outside of maybe the Olympics and Hares?

Can't forget all of the original I's with blue in them, the True Blue III's, Military IV's, Sports Blues and (kind of) Maroon VI's, Aqua VIII's, Olive IX's, and so on. I initially read your comment and wondered how they would have gotten the inspiration to make the Concords too, but when you think about it, they probably wanted something to serve as the home to the Black/Red pair's away and found purple to be a better accent color than red the same way they haven't strayed away from using blue over the years.

:lol: I know that, I meant where the color came from. Everything before has always been based on the Bulls colorway outside of maybe the Olympics and Hares?

Can't forget all of the original I's with blue in them, the True Blue III's, Military IV's, Sports Blues and (kind of) Maroon VI's, Aqua VIII's, Olive IX's, and so on. I initially read your comment and wondered how they would have gotten the inspiration to make the Concords too, but when you think about it, they probably wanted something to serve as the home to the Black/Red pair's away and found purple to be a better accent color than red the same way they haven't strayed away from using blue over the years.

I feel like I should know this but did MJ actually wore the true blues III and military IVs in-game as a Bulls?

And concord color accent isn't even really noticeable, it was just on the little bit of lettering on the tongue and the sole (which isn't visible), kind of a weird accent really because it wasn't really visible for the most part.

I feel like I should know this but did MJ actually wore the true blues III and military IVs in-game as a Bulls?

And concord color accent isn't even really noticeable, it was just on the little bit of lettering on the tongue and the sole (which isn't visible), kind of a weird accent really because it wasn't really visible for the most part.

He never wore the true blue 3s in-game as a Bull. He wore the 2001 retros as a Wizard:

View media item 719691
There's a collector with a pair of autographed PRACTICE worn OG true blue 3s out there somewhere though:

View media item 719692

Nope. III's hit the court in a slightly edited PE for the Wizards, and I don't think he ever wore the Military IVs.

I forgot that the Jumpman on the Concords was black. Yeah, it really does feel like a random color to throw on such minor areas. I can say that I'm glad they had the idea though since I feel like red wouldn't have looked as good, even though you can barely see either of them :lol:

Yeah that's what I figure, MJ didn't play in non-Bulls colorway before the XI concords.

I mean I guess technically elephant and cement prints aren't Bulls colorways but they are more of a pattern than colorway I guess? Plus it's more a neutral colorways anyways.

Last edited:
TuneSquad jersey had blue in it.

I mean I am more curious where the concord came from? That seems out of the blue considering the Bulls jersey coloways.

I heard somewhere that the shoes originally intended to release to the public weren't supposed to be white/black/purple. In the developmental and wear-test stages sneakers would often feature loud and unorthodox colors (ie neon pink/yellow XVI samples). I think the production version of the white/black XIs we now know as the Concords were slated to have red accents, but MJ wore them early and liked the purple on the samples so they stuck with it.

I think those were samples. MJ's pair was definitely blue. Some of them had the 45 on them.

All of the 95/96 versions (5-10 pairs) featured purple accents. It wasnt until 2000 that they released an official "SpaceJam" with blue accents. I think the confusion stems from blue accents on the Toon Squad jerseys.

I also remember hearing that the black/red XI was originally going to be worn in the film but the translucent red sole threw off the green screen.

Sidenote: Anyone else bothered by the fact that when Daffy and Bugs go back to MJs house to get his sneakers and lucky shorts they pick up the AJ IX ?

Last edited:
It was inspired by a lawn mower lol don't have source right now but I remember that on those history of flight timelines

I heard about that and read it in this thread too. I just wanted to be educated about which is true.

Great thread. This is the first time I've seen a picture of the air socks [emoji]128083[/emoji]

lots of good info on here, thought i subscribed but ever saw updates

got some reading to get to

Last edited:
Just from looking at those air units...I feel like I've been sleeping on 97s. I think I've owned every pair of popular AM except those.

Just from looking at those air units...I feel like I've been sleeping on 97s. I think I've owned every pair of popular AM except those.
im sitting here wondering why i havent picked up any 180's yet
ive always liked em but for some reason never picked up a pair
now im feeling like i NEED a pair

"According to Tinker: Air Jordan XI History“There are designers out there designing lawn mowers to look like sports cars.”.In 1995-96 playoffs, Michael had a bad spill wearing the AJ XI, and the reason being is poor traction. Also the midsole would get creases very fast."

Sidenote: Anyone else bothered by the fact that when Daffy and Bugs go back to MJs house to get his sneakers and lucky shorts they pick up the AJ IX ?

I actually only saw that movie once - it was in the theater when it came out, and I was tripping on two tabs of acid. That was the last thing on my mind, but it was a phenomenal movie to see in that state. :tongue:

...Ah, the carefree days of youth.

And, on another note, here's a good write-up of the history behind the Nike SB "Send Help" and the Consolidated BS Drunk, for those who don't know the story.

http://www.dirtygumsoles.com/kickstory-send-helps-sb/

...And, here are my pairs. :tongue:

View media item 720334

I actually only saw that movie once - it was in the theater when it came out, and I was tripping on two tabs of acid. That was the last thing on my mind, but it was a phenomenal movie to see in that state. :tongue:

...Ah, the carefree days of youth.

And, on another note, here's a good write-up of the history behind the Nike SB "Send Help" and the Consolidated BS Drunk, for those who don't know the story.

http://www.dirtygumsoles.com/kickstory-send-helps-sb/

...And, here are my pairs. :tongue:

View media item 720334

Send Help's came out right around the same time as the Hawaii's.. I remember visiting friends in Rhode Island and went to the local skate shop cause I knew they had SB's... They had both pairs and I was completely in love with both, because they were so different... I picked up the Hawaii's a year or two later... I eventually had to part with them because of stupid reasons, but they are still my favorite pair of SB's.. and Send Help's are 2... I would love to get a pair of either, but I'm sure it's past due...

Last edited:
didn't the true blue iii mj wore on the wizards have a "copper" color instead of red? I remember an nter had MJ's game worn pair and said it was a copper color to match the wizards uni's

Back
Top Bottom