THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

So would you guys ever trade the galaxy foams for the SC Galaxy Rookies? Someone offered me that

I wouldn't do it.

Foams>>>>>>>Rookies.

Galaxy Foams were on the front page of the damn USA Today :lol:

I just think at the end of the day, the foams caused so much pandemonium that to actually have a pair would mean so much more than having the step-brother Galaxy Rookie.

Just got these in.  Very very slowly (as in maybe a pair every couple months) trying to build a foam collection.  Not really into all the recent releases and I actually enjoy hunting the 2007 and down ones and pros.  But before anything else I definitely wanted to pick up the OG Royals. After months of searching for a DS pair in my size without scratches/cracking/chipping/suede fade/creased foam/etc.etc., I finally pulled the trigger on a pair.

OG 1997 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal

Quick question though for all the more knowledgeable foam heads than me..  How do the OGs hold up?  From my understanding there is still a midsole that's encapsulated by the foam.. Any chance of them crumbling if I wear em?

^ogs are golden, i dont think so, but dont do something ******ed like wear em in the rain or play ball in em

Only thing you need to worry about is sole separation (it will happen if you wear them, the glue is old) which is an easy fix. The suede chipping would be the worst problem. The pair I picked up on the last page didn't have any either, I'd get a pair of 07's to rock instead.

Last edited:
2007s were actually my first pair solely for rocking purposes. The ogs look perfect now, but I figured the soles might separate if I do decide to rock em. However, I didn't know the suede would be that delicate if worn so that's definitely a nice heads up.

When it comes down to it I didn't buy the ogs to rock all that often but it is something that I would like to have the option of doing. Thanks for the input guys it's very much appreciated.

No problem, you could definitely wear them I just wouldn't try to make it an everyday shoe unless you reglue the soles and are gentle, that suede chipping just ruins OG's IMO. Just be cautious!

Broke out the beater pair to watch the game at my homegirl crib

No way in hell ill trade galaxy foams for sc rookies. The only way my extra galaxy are leaving is if I get sc foams

Last edited:
doesnt look like a beater to me, looks fresh, how do u wear it, with black or navy blue?

With black. The pic makes them look better. A few spots are missing the wrap ( it's white underneath). I usually ball in this pair

im working something out to get a pair of galaxy rookies or foams, i will post pics if i get em

Whatsup FAM? Had a pair of foams a long time ago when I was a kid. Never had any since, just picked these up and man I forgot that they're comfortable, I'm sure OGs are/were better, but you know

Since I'm new to foams i know that most stores DONT get foams. So if I wanted to pickup some place in person on RD, (camp out) which stores should I look into? FNL, Champs, FL dont get these that Ive seen...   thanks FAM

Last edited:
Those silver pros :pimp:

It amazes me how much they go for nowadays, I remember they couldn't give those away a few years back!

Those silver pros :pimp:

It amazes me how much they go for nowadays, I remember they couldn't give those away a few years back!
i laugh at how literally nobody was on foams, used to cop em for the low now those same ones go for 300 400 smh hype

:rolleyes
Im hunting those silver pros for months now. I can only find pairs that are torn and holes on the bottoms. And they still want over retail. :smh:

Thats ridiculous fam...kills me when resellers try and sell beaters for od prices

Back
Top Bottom