The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

nerd.gif
 ESPN sending out typos? Sam Querrey up 2 sets? 

Last edited:
Sam was playing really well and serving so many bombs... Nole couldn't get anything on it.  Then in the 2nd he just lost his concentration.  

We saw the same thing last year vs. Anderson, but can't take for granted he'll bounce back like that again.  Hard to maintain that sort of level.  

Why'd troicki want the chair ump to look at the ball? To see that there was no chalk / paint on it?

Serena with the panic attack. Served 3 aces to get Mchale out of there. I don't understand the strategy to play lights out against Serena because you have nothing to lose and then not play like that every match. I've never seen Mchale play with 50% of that intensity and I watch a lot of tennis.

Serena with the panic attack. Served 3 aces to get Mchale out of there. I don't understand the strategy to play lights out against Serena because you have nothing to lose and then not play like that every match. I've never seen Mchale play with 50% of that intensity and I watch a lot of tennis.

Facts my g. FAX and it has pissed me off to no end for years. I don't mind when Serena takes an L but I want these players to back up the win with great results. McHale has rarely if ever played this well.

Serena needs to improve her midcourt game and her nerves ASAP if she wants to win. Turning into Roger on break point opportunities has hurt her at every slam.

Wow, Sam Querry really was about to stop the Calendar Slam here.

I remember that Anderson match clearly... That's exactly why I thought Milos would stop Nole as soon as I saw the draw. Faster surfaces like grass will not help him against the big servers. Although he's won Wimbledon three times, Nole is most vulnerable on grass.

Vee's match though... I gotta say I was shaking my head and laughing when I heard it started raining at match point. She should have a much easier time against CSN.

Last edited:
Wimbledon has been handling the rain situation very well this year, but I can't understand why they keep opening the roof on Center Court with how random these scattered showers have been. Leave it closed for the rest of the tournament.

Wimbledon has been handling the rain situation very well this year, but I can't understand why they keep opening the roof on Center Court with how random these scattered showers have been. Leave it closed for the rest of the tournament.

For the same reason they do it at the Oz Open. Purists and tournament officials want it to be an "outdoor" tournament if at all possible and they will bend over backwards to make it happen. From a practical standpoint it makes sense to leave the roof closed but the outdoor tournament argument is the reason why they do this open and close process with the roof.

Querry starting to look like a bum. Hanging around waiting on Novak to make mistakes or only hitting balls after he's sure they're not long. Swing from the fences you idiot!

I can't find my remote so this match is on right now :lol: what's the reason behind not closing the roof?

If you're referring to the Djokovic match it is because court 1 doesn't have a roof.

For the same reason they do it at the Oz Open. Purists and tournament officials want it to be an "outdoor" tournament if at all possible and they will bend over backwards to make it happen. From a practical standpoint it makes sense to leave the roof closed but the outdoor tournament argument is the reason why they do this open and close process with the roof.
Exactly... and I completely understand why they do it. Closing the roof changes the conditions quite a bit.  Ultimately, it's supposed to be played outdoors and they're gonna do everything they can to keep it that way.  They can't close it for a shower that might only last 30mins and then open it again as they please.  They're rather wait out the scattered shower, then continue.  And once they close it, I think they have to keep it closed even if it stops raining and the sun comes out.

But overall, the scheduling this year has been horrible.  It's Saturday afternoon, but there are still some round 2 matches that haven't even finished... while some are already into round 4.  It's pretty ridiculous.  Sure, the rain is hard to manage, but I think they should at least try to finish all the previous rounds before pushing out the next ones.  It's not fair for the players.  Other changes they could have made was to start Centre Court play a bit earlier.  Right now, it's usually 1PM, but outside courts start at 12PM, some at 11AM.  You can easily fit 1 more match in Centre if needed.  

Anyway, Nole is all over the place and just not playing well.  Edge goes to Sam cuz of his huge serve and having served first in the 4th.  Both are very nervy, that's for sure. 

Querrey played like buns in the 3rd set when he should be doing whatever it takes.

Don't be surprised if he gets destroyed now.

Last edited:
DJOKOVIC LOSES

TIME FOR AMERICA TO WIN. DON'T LOSE IN THE NEXT ROUND, FAM!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom