The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

Crazy after spending their morning playing their respective semifinals matches, the Williams sisters are currently playing their Doubles Quarterfinals Match.

Read an article about Bartoli that she claims she got some virus from India in February that has left her allergic to dang near everything. 

Hoping that's not the case and is something reversible instead.  
Marion's weight-loss isn't something new though... we saw the transformation way before Feb 2016.  She just hasn't looked healthy at all.  

I wouldn't just say it was the weight loss. She looks terrible now overall. What the hell kind of virus emaciates people like that besides untreated HIV or AIDS? I was just hoping she wasn't on meth. Just weird seeing someone age 20 years in 3 years.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Tennis but I watch these Canadians and...

Is it me or does Euginie Bouchard look like skinny waif compared to the other female tennis players? Does she want to be great? The woman she lost to looked and moved like a running back.

also

Is it just me or does Milos shoot himself in the foot more than any other dude, it feels like he gives away some many points. So frustrating sometimes.

She doesn't look skinny to me compared to the other women. Look at someone like Radwanska who has chicken legs and is tiny.

No sympathy for Federer...

Up 40-0, 5-all in the 4th set, and he tosses in back to back double faults. :smh:

Sad for Roger, would've preferred him to win Wimbledon this year but happy for Milos.
Roger had a opportunities to break a few times but didn't convert. Not to mention serving 40-0 in the fourth at 5-6.

Not surprised by the result. Fed should have won the fourth, but he gift-wrapped it to Milos instead.

Serena and Venus into the doubles finals.

Roger 
frown.gif

I'm so disappointed tight now...

I don't know much about Tennis but I watch these Canadians and...

Is it me or does Euginie Bouchard look like skinny waif compared to the other female tennis players? Does she want to be great? The woman she lost to looked and moved like a running back.
I guess there really isn't a "tennis player mold"... Like Serena isn't tall, but is quite strong and can move reasonably well.  While someone like Kvitova or Ivanovic (both are 6ft) can also be unbeatable when they're on.  Point is, you can find success from different body-types.  A lot has to do with technique and footwork.  Get your feet in place and time your shots right, you can generate a lot of power and control. 

As for the player Genie lost to... Cibulkova... they call her the Pocket Rocket... she's tiny but can generate a lot of power on her shots and redirects the ball well.  Only 5'3", but makes up for it with her technique. 

My mood is getting worse and worse. 
frown.gif

First we lost against France, now Roger loses. If Lewis does not win in Silverstone, this will be worst sports weekend of the year...

My mood is getting worse and worse. 
frown.gif

First we lost against France, now Roger loses. If Lewis does not win in Silverstone, this will be worst sports weekend of the year...
Auf geht's Nico! 
laugh.gif

Not really a Nico fan, but I think the guy, unfairly, gets a lot of crap from Hammy fans. 
laugh.gif

Took time off. skipped tournaments including RG, AssNole loses to querry and he couldn't get to the finals. 

The hard court season is gonna suck for him if he's really ailing. 

Didn't get to see the match but man,wow congrats to Milos da future Gawd on making history against arguably the GOAT :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: [emoji]128308[/emoji][emoji]9898[/emoji][emoji]127809[/emoji][emoji]9898[/emoji][emoji]128308[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom