The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Man, rough to end it on a DF, but it was good battle by both ladies. Nervy 3rd, which just shows how tough it is... even for Iga.

LMAO.
2023-french-open-day-fourteen.jpg

Well done with the win but the WTA is probably at its weakest point since the Graf run after Monica was stabbed.

Taylor Townsend is thicc

need TayLah to make the jump and get both ladies their first GS titles

Taylor Townsend is thicc

need TayLah to make the jump and get both ladies their first GS titles
Was happy to see Hsieh-Wang win, but seeing Leylah break down after the match was heartbreaking.

Anyway... the men's singles final felt like it would be a routine, and the scoreline kinda reflected that, but that 1st set was anything but routine. Novak was so awful, while Casper was on fire... yet it somehow got to a TB. Novak finds another gear. Casper seemed broken after that set, so that was that. This next-gen... and the gen after that... just doesn't seem to be able to get over the mental side of it. They have the tools, and the mental game is, by no means, an easy thing to conquer, but I guess it just shows how tough the Big-3 were/are.

Was happy to see Hsieh-Wang win, but seeing Leylah break down after the match was heartbreaking.

Anyway... the men's singles final felt like it would be a routine, and the scoreline kinda reflected that, but that 1st set was anything but routine. Novak was so awful, while Casper was on fire... yet it somehow got to a TB. Novak finds another gear. Casper seemed broken after that set, so that was that. This next-gen... and the gen after that... just doesn't seem to be able to get over the mental side of it. They have the tools, and the mental game is, by no means, an easy thing to conquer, but I guess it just shows how tough the Big-3 were/are.

I turned it off at 4-1 Hsieh/Wang in the 3rd and went to bed at around 4 AM on the west coast. She was struggling by then all her shots kept getting returned for winners, the announcers were calling her out on it. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom