The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Pretty insane how Kontaveit was world No.2 at the US Open and now being forced to retire due to injury with Wimbledon her last tournament.

Real shame, well liked on the tour by other players and she's really nice to the fans having seen her in person at the Aussie Open

She played the Legend’s event in Paris as well. Woz has mentioned hitting with current players while she's been doing commentary for ESPN/Tennis Channel, so it's not a huge surprise. With a good draw and a bit of luck, maybe she can pull off a nice run at the Aussie or US Open.

...Welp, Coco's out. Tough luck drawing Kenin in the first round.

1688463494605.png

Being on stage of a Coldplay concert one night, being honoured at Wimbledon Centre Court the day after.

Could do with this retirement life.

Ymer :smokin

used to bet on this dude and his older brother a few years ago

good to see the youngin still holding it down

Ymer is always a dark horse. Once I saw him break Fritz in the 3rd set I knew it was a wrap. He’s got mad stamina.

Ymer :smokin

used to bet on this dude and his older brother a few years ago

good to see the youngin still holding it down
Definitely got some good odds on them in the past. Actually found out about them from them costing me money :lol:. I saw Ymer at +600 when Fritz was up 2-1 sets. I said watch him win but didn’t bet on the comeback :smh:

I saw her cruising then came back and saw her losing after being up 4-2 in the second set then actually serving for the match got broken went to a third set and lost :lol: :smh:
I’ve come to accept Sloane and her game for what it is. She had an amazing US Open run when she got her title and she’s truly living her best life. She is one of the most athletically gifted tennis players but her counterpunching playing style doesn’t play to her physical gifts. Sadly she’s too late in her career to change it up and play closer to the lines and use her wheels to her advantage. She was never going to be Serena or Venus but she has underachieved. With that said she seems to have a beautiful marriage with Jozy and a step son she loves.

I’ve come to accept Sloane and her game for what it is. She had an amazing US Open run when she got her title and she’s truly living her best life. She is one of the most athletically gifted tennis players but her counterpunching playing style doesn’t play to her physical gifts. Sadly she’s too late in her career to change it up and play closer to the lines and use her wheels to her advantage. She was never going to be Serena or Venus but she has underachieved. With that said she seems to have a beautiful marriage with Jozy and a step son she loves.
After holding that US Open check it’s been downhill since.

After holding that US Open check it’s been downhill since.
It really has been. I know the pandemic was hard for her. I think Sloane plays because she's really good but I don't think she loves the game if I'm honest. She has more positive things going for her outside of tennis (mom life, marriage, social justice, businesses) than Serena and Venus ever did. Serena and Venus played for survival and it wasn’t until they, specifically Serena, had mom duties did her game fall off.

Nevermind. :lol:

Hope he's good. Not sure if the stoppage helps or hurts his chances. He's gonna be sore and tight tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom