The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

I wanna root for CiCi , but shes just not strong enough for the more powerful players.

Last edited:
I wanna root for CiCi , but shes just not strong enough for the more powerful players.
She's still young though so there's time to add size/strength to her frame. Her point construction is good and she will definitely need to improve that serve. Bencic made it to top 10 with good point construction and without power (but gets beat by big servers/power) so that could be a realistic, though ambitious, goal for her. 

My boy Dominic getting the Yambs 
pimp.gif

Translation from YT comments: 

girl: dominic, will you take a picture with me?

thiem: yes, of course!

girl: thank you!

thiem: from germany or?

girl: pardon me? yes, from germany!

thiem: from where?

girl: münster. (you know?)

thiem: yes, of course.

girl: ever been there?

thiem: no.

girl: ... come by.

Last edited:
Dr Ivo looking unbeatable.

Right now I'd favor DelPo, and Wawa to win this tourny

And Sinner, dont ever stop posting those pics. They are my guilty pleasure during the majors always. You the man

Ive never heard a player get **** on more than Kyrgios is by McEnroe on national tv right now [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I didn't get to watch, but didn't he retire from an injury?  Hip's been bothering him for a while now... preexisting. 

Nick was playing well up until tonight. I don't know what the hell happened.
I watched his first round match vs Bedene and he had a hip/groin injury in the first set. Nick isn't exactly in the best of shape so I'm guessing the deeper he got in the tournament, the worse it got. Weather + fitness play a big role. He should honestly take off two months to recover. He puts on an act like he doesn't care, but he was in tears when he had to retire. I'm hoping this is the type of incident that makes him put more effort and dedication into his craft because he's the type of player tennis needs. 

Have I ever told the story of when Ryan Harrisons dad tried fitting his tennis racket stringing machine into his god damn room at my hotel a few years back at the Newport Tennis Hall of Fame Championships? :lol:

One of the funniest things ever.

Also I have to go back and look at the draw but when a player checked in he looked at the draw we had at the front desk he saw he was playing Dudi Sela round 1 and said IM PLAYING A ******* ****?!?

Whole front desk area went silent

Found it it was 2012 and it was Frank Dancevic who said it. Sela promptly pasted him 6-0, 6-2

Have I ever told the story of when Ryan Harrisons dad tried fitting his tennis racket stringing machine into his god damn room at my hotel a few years back at the Newport Tennis Hall of Fame Championships?
laugh.gif
Stringing machines aren't that  big!  Was it that difficult?  Unless that room was like a closet! 

No man it was HUGE. Barely fit through the main doors. Looked like a giant cat scan machine. Arrived in a UHaul type truck. Wouldnt fit on elevator so we tried first floor but nope. Had to reload it onto the UHaul. And he didnt tip any of the valets smh :lol:

Weve rooted against him ever since that experience

Most guys were cool though. Nishi was real quiet his translator checked him in, my coworker was an older guy and demanded ID from Kei. He didnt have it for whatever reason (odd). I had to tell our manager I was 100% certain it was him

Lleyton left cause Capriati got put in the room he wanted :lol:

Also two years or maybe three when Agassi was inducted he was told to go **** himself by the head chef. Thats a long story for another time when I'm not on mobile though

I wish the real talented guys still came to Newport :frown:

Madison Keys has to know by now that her backhand down the line is almost guaranteed to be an unforced error. She got dragged by Wozniacki smh.

Back
Top Bottom