The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Ernie!  
eek.gif

BpDU2GWCAAAcWvF.jpg:large

BpDZiE5CEAAyFP5.jpg:large

The draws are so crazy now... looking at the bottom half, I guess I'd like Halep to come through... she's been playing well... it'll be interesting to see how she'll handle the pressure.  Garbine vs Masha will also be interesting... Could very well see a Masha - Genie semi.  

Nole has been looking so good, I really do think this is his to lose.  Rafa has enough trouble with him already... a dodgy back won't help.  Assuming he can get past Ferru & probably Andy.  Tomas vs Ernie will be interesting. 

mean.gif
 @ the umpire and  Angie.  

Halep is certainly the biggest threat left to Maria, I've watched her quite a bit over the last few months and she is looking scarily good. The most improved player on the women's side by a mile.

I'm just hoping this one's has Maria's name on it for now, but either way, Halep is definitely winning a GS within the next two years.

Not the biggest Federer fan...and don't like Novack....But hate Gulbis. boooo that man and his unorthodox cannon of a forehand.

Returning like a bawse and not missing her ground strokes... huge hill for Masha.  

EDIT ~ Masha's tennis has been sub-standard.

Last edited:
Garbine fading fast... So many UFE's in this 3rd set.  Huge game there when she had a decent shot at breaking Masha early in the 3rd, but couldn't.  Anyway, still a good run for her... and only just 20.  

That rally. Canada's the WTA's sweetheart. Didn't get to see the comeback unfortunately.
tongue.gif

I stepped away when she was down 1-4... definitely did not see that coming.  Good for her.

Milos gave Nole a bit of trouble in Rome... interesting to see how Nole counters... 3-of-5 also a big deal.

:tongue:
I stepped away when she was down 1-4... definitely did not see that coming.  Good for her.

Milos gave Nole a bit of trouble in Rome... interesting to see how Nole counters... 3-of-5 also a big deal.
I'm racing home to catch the tail-end of Raonic's match with "Djoker." Suppose I could stay in NYC, but I don't know any good tennis bars off-hand.

Wow, Nole & Ernie both taking the 1st...

11/4 W/UFE for Ernie... very impressive.

I wouldn't call myself an Ernie fan, but after reading his interviews, I find to be a very fascinating person... very honest and straightforward.

Back
Top Bottom