The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

There you go for slame no.4 :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I appreciate her being merciful for those in the western hemisphere :lol:

Pretty solid performance from Jenny but Naomi's becoming pretty much inevitable now.

Still unbeaten in Major deciders from the quarters onwards and on a 21 match win streak :sick: :pimp:

^
6-2 6-3

On another note, Sascha Bajin is looking more funnier in the light than he usually does. I say Pliskova drops him before RG.

Federer's serve has looked solid so far, not too shabby for someone his age being away for so long.

Feels like good ol' times watching him play again.

Naomi osaka sister Mari has retired from tennis at age 24.

Unknown.jpeg

Rafa looked old in his loss to Zverev. He ruined his chances at being seeded #2 at Roland Garros too. He could see Novak earlier than the final.

Routine win from Federer it was a decent performance but he wasn't pushed hard during the match.

Likely to play Cilic next that would be a tricky one.

The moment all 4 slams decided to gang up on her, that pretty much left her with no choice.
Man, I've never seen them so united before. 🙄

I'm glad she stuck to her guns tbh, makes the RG organizers look like clowns for threatening to ban her for deciding to skip those irrelevant pressers

She never should've entered the tourney to begin with..Sucks for her opponent..They should let her continue on so she has a chance to earn more money..

She never should've entered the tourney to begin with..Sucks for her opponent..They should let her continue on so she has a chance to earn more money..
Dude, what are you talking about?

From my understanding, if Osaka withdraws, the person she was scheduled to pay advances to the next round.

I’m talking about the person she already beat. That person should be allowed to advance. If she hasn’t played anyone yet then the person she was supposed to play would naturally advance.

After Naomi player her R1 match, she skipped the presser (as she said she would). RG then fined her (as expected), but added (in a combined statement with the other 3 grand slams) that they could default her (kick her out of the tournament) if she continued to skip subsequent pressers. As such, Naomi chose to withdraw from the tournament.

They couldn't have awarded the win to her R1 opponent (Tig) and let her play in R2. It would have been like a player withdrawing due to injury. Their previous opponent would not have been allowed to take her place.

Back
Top Bottom