The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

US open against Med he was up 2 sets and had to pull himself together at the end. This time winning the last 3 sets after being down….unbelievable

Kinda makes up for the Bills f**kin up last week lol

That aged well. :rofl:

Meddy when he turned up for the final.

killer-break-you.gif

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

To get the record breaker in that fashion...epic comeback against the younger player man...truly incredible

Take a bow :pimp: :pimp:

Medvedev's def gonna be back, multiple times :lol:

He's a hell of player with all world defense. Even though it didn't look it not not long ago, the sport is gonna be in good hands after the big 3 aren't around.

Got so many great young guns coming of age on the men and women's side.

Hope to see my dude FAA taking that next step and getting to one of the GS semi's soon, his QF match against Medvedev were he pushed him to his limit has me bullish abiut his potential :lol:. Only 21

Rafa really hadn’t won in Melbourne in over a decade.

He had Covid and foot surgery over the last year and said he had doubts over his career continuing just a month ago.

He just played 5 hours and 24 minutes to come back from 2 sets down in a final to beat a guy 10 years younger and in his prime, who beat Novaxx at the last GS final, for that record 21st Slam.

Unreal perseverance and determination which basically sums him up his entire career, legendary **** man :emoji_goat: :emoji_goat: :emoji_goat: :emoji_goat:

im glad i was wrong doubting that rafa would win this tournament... i just wasnt sure cuz he was older and he hasnt had any luck here besides 09... but i am happy he won here... not just for the #21 but hes one of a few players to win the grand slam twice...

I'm not sure what's more impressive... 21 or double career slam... cuz both feats are ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom