The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

I just got into tennis this Wimbledon, and I love seeing legends play for the last time as well as the new players coming up. I have a couple favorites but definitely respect whenever any player brings a good volley and point.

Considered going to the Washington Open since it’s not too far away. But I already knew since it wasn’t a major Tiafoe would half *** it. That’s why he won’t ever win anything. Cant even win on tour.

Considered going to the Washington Open since it’s not too far away. But I already knew since it wasn’t a major Tiafoe would half *** it. That’s why he won’t ever win anything. Cant even win on tour.

I went Friday night, was not expecting him to win but it was a solid atmosphere behind him. Overall a fun event.

IMG_2507.jpeg

Shelton wasn’t particularly impressive either :/

Novak's done it!!! Didn't think he could, given how well Carlos' been playing, but he's surprised us yet again.
What a career.... and to top it off with a Career Golden Slam.

What a match. Amazing stuff by both guys. The quality was just so good.

Can see Carlos' is absolutely gutted right now, but given his trajectory, he'll do it in LA.

Novak's done it!!! Didn't think he could, given how well Carlos' been playing, but he's surprised us yet again.
What a career.... and to top it off with a Career Golden Slam.

What a match. Amazing stuff by both guys. The quality was just so good.

Can see Carlos' is absolutely gutted right now, but given his trajectory, he'll do it in LA.
1722798145808.gif

aepps20 aepps20

I wanna know what that fan said to Shapo! 😅

Shapo threw his racket and the fan said “the racket doesn’t like you either!”

I want to know what Shapo said back tho - he officially got DQ’ed for verbal abuse to a fan. Was just an all around weird end, especially on match point.

Shapo threw his racket and the fan said “the racket doesn’t like you either!”

I want to know what Shapo said back tho - he officially got DQ’ed for verbal abuse to a fan. Was just an all around weird end, especially on match point.
That's it?! I thought the fan said something really bad, which then triggered Shapo to bite back. This is quite surprising, cuz it must have been something very bad to result in the immediate default. 🤔

I guess the ump/ref could have shown a bit of latitude, given the situation, but without knowing all the details, it's hard to judge.

^ I was watching that live and was absolutely shocked! Never seen Carlos like that before!
And, by his standards, he was playing pretty poorly.

^That umpire has been in a lot of controversy lately to say the least. 😅

Nice point from earlier today. The wind has been awful in Cincy.

Back
Top Bottom