||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by three6mafia

cabin fever is by farrrrrrrrrrr his best and its only 9 songs.

laugh.gif

Every song is hard as hell. Erry day and homicide are the best thing he's ever done imo.
katt-williams-o.gif

That dude Cardo...&@^#
pimp.gif

***EDIT: Man, I wasn't really even anticipating this mixtape or anything, but it's pretty dope. Wiz is very

good at staying in his lane, and the production is really good throughout. And Juicy J went off on every

song he was on btw.

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

"I'm still inspired by the same things... just life. I always observe everything around me... and I never really think about *$@+"
what? 
indifferent.gif
 this guy is ******ed

Im sayin
laugh.gif

I give this mixtape a 3/5. Still had a bit of those poppish records in the second half but those are here to stay. First half was my favorite.

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Originally Posted by Shaze804

spitta?

nerd.gif
 thats whats ive been sayin' 

this dude disappeared on us 

he was supposed be on a couple of tracks that came out .. 

I wonder why they haven't recorded together
my boy said he was talkin about spitta on Mary 3x 2nd verse 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
instigatin type _s
"_s will borrow your style like u aint about to do nuthin wit it" - spitta
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Shaze804

spitta?

nerd.gif

I guess you havent heard the High School album with Snoop Spitta is on there

I suggest alot of yall go listen to High School with Snoop that was a solid album and if you ask me

High School > Taylor Allderdice

Every track was banging

I Get Lifted
pimp.gif

Talent Show
pimp.gif

It Could Be Easy
pimp.gif

World Class
pimp.gif

If you don't like this tape then I don't know what to tell you...
...Taylor Allderdice ≥ Kush&OJ

I wish I never saw this thread because now Im expecting this tape to be in the KOJ realm, time will tell

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

If you don't like this tape then I don't know what to tell you...
Not sure what to think about NT anymore if this tape is being talked about like this... 
tired.gif

Every. Single. Track.

1. Weed

2. Traveling

3. Women

4. Shopping

Even Pusha T has more diverse subject matter.

/\ Content is subjective. All artists are repetitive for the most part. I could care less about what a rapper raps about...but moreso HOW they do it. So when I say I don't see any growth w/ Wiz it's because his music hasn't really taken that next step.

For example...Rick Ross isn't rapping now about anything that he wasn't on Port of Miami. He's just 10x better at doing it.

Growth.

/\ Content is subjective. All artists are repetitive for the most part. I could care less about what a rapper raps about...but moreso HOW they do it. So when I say I don't see any growth w/ Wiz it's because his music hasn't really taken that next step.

For example...Rick Ross isn't rapping now about anything that he wasn't on Port of Miami. He's just 10x better at doing it.

Growth.

I think Kanye & Outkast would have something to say about that

Kanye raps about his life as it goes on so each album has a different view same with Kast

I would throw Big KRIT in there too

Growth.

Bruh, this guy Wiz is only 24. Kush & OJ came out when he was 22. How much growth are you tryna see in a 2 year span when all you do smoke weed and stunt?
laugh.gif

To me, this a more refined K&OJ. It's definitely gotta more mature theme & feel to it.

Besides, Ross is waaaay older than Wiz, been in the game waaaay longer. Ross been doin' this music *%#% since I was in middle school.

Growth.

Bruh, this guy Wiz is only 24. Kush & OJ came out when he was 22. How much growth are you tryna see in a 2 year span when all you do smoke weed and stunt?
laugh.gif

To me, this a more refined K&OJ. It's definitely gotta more mature theme & feel to it.

Besides, Ross is waaaay older than Wiz, been in the game waaaay longer. Ross been doin' this music *%#% since I was in middle school.
I mean. You can nitpick those particular examples if you want but...I don't really think age plays that much of a role. Kendrick Lamar is 24...and sounds a hell of a lot different then he did at 21 as K-Dot.

Growing artistically has nothing to do w/ age. And the fact that all he does is rap about weed doesn't play a role either. You act like his subject matter limits his ability to grow as an artist.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

That The-Dream sample on "my favorite joint"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And Juicy does what juicy does best...Turn Up! 
smokin.gif

The mix tape is coo...not better than K&OJ...but its a "good saturday morning riding around high" type of tape.

What Dream song is the sample from?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

nerd.gif

I guess you havent heard the High School album with Snoop Spitta is on there

I suggest alot of yall go listen to High School with Snoop that was a solid album and if you ask me

High School > Taylor Allderdice

Every track was banging

I Get Lifted
pimp.gif

Talent Show
pimp.gif

It Could Be Easy
pimp.gif

World Class
pimp.gif

We're not going to list OG?

HS>TA definitely.

Ya'll are bugging thinking this is even close to K&OJ.

x2

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

That The-Dream sample on "my favorite joint"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And Juicy does what juicy does best...Turn Up! 
smokin.gif

The mix tape is coo...not better than K&OJ...but its a "good saturday morning riding around high" type of tape.

What Dream song is the sample from?

Sex Intelligent

Growth.

laugh.gif

I mean. You can nitpick those particular examples if you want but...I don't really think age plays that much of a role. Kendrick Lamar is 24...and sounds a hell of a lot different then he did at 21 as K-Dot.

Growing artistically has nothing to do w/ age. And the fact that all he does is rap about weed doesn't play a role either. You act like his subject matter limits his ability to grow as an artist.
Well, what exactly do want him to rap about then? He's been entertaining since he got out of high school, and I doubt he has lived the life K. Dot has. So what is it exactly you want from Wiz? To rap about savin' children from KONY?
laugh.gif

Maybe he'll start rappin about how much fame and success sucks next.

He has his niche and other cats (ASAP Rocky comes to mind) are copying his DNA.

Back
Top Bottom