The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

No Laker colorway in NYC...
I'm not a Kobe bandwagon fan, but I love his shoes (2K4 Laser being one of the greatest ever). NYC getting shoes late doesn't happen too often and I don't like it one bit!

ORCAS = Strengths? (what does ORCA stand for?) Is that a nickname that some NT'er came up with?
RollWaveRoooooollTide

Orcas as in killer whales, I think the design was inspired by them. Someone else with the info can elaborate.

NICK FOR YOU.....

I like this shoe a lot when I make some adjusments. The next pair I get is gettting some really good treatment from me (customs). For these I detatached the strap and cut out some leather and painted it black and than attatched it. I did all that earlier today and than went to play after maybe two hours of drying. I thought it might come apart (not enough dry time) on me but they held together. I like this shoe a lot but those strengths are looking really good too!

First pic is from this morning and second pic is after I got done balling in them. I haven't played for a long time it's like I've been waiting for this shoe before I did.

_________________________________________________________________​
Your girl want me cause I do it better than youThe whole world want me NT, Im'a Legend to you​
IN THE YEAR 2007 WE WILL ROCK!!!​

God I hate Kobe but I love the shoes....and what the hell is he going on about, that guy I swear! Seriously though i'm going to need to get all these shoes. I like them a lot. The zk1, zk II and the Lebron II are my favorite Nike Basketball shoes in a long time. Lebron II pretty much my favorite non-retro shoe in quite some time though as far as on the court and off the court, I love that shoe. But, the Kobe II felt good out there today my only complaint is it seemed to be lacking on the traction a bit. I need to get a pair for indoor only, the pair pictured above will be my outdoor pair.
Your girl want me cause I do it better than youThe whole world want me NT, Im'a Legend to you​

^ After the third wearing the traction picks up big time and is muuuuhhhney.

I've been playing non-stop in my black/maize and am lovin em.

They're prob. the best shoe I've ever played in considering how much in control of your movements and the awesome stance of the shoe.

ATC -- Good work on the strap detach, and like I said on the phone, it just fell right off right? I did figure the underside would be a little more finished...but oh well.
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​
The B.O.P.​
Expect Dominance. Every Angle. Every Ability.

Took a lil work but not so bad. Pretty much you could just cut the strap at around the same point where the leather piece on mine ends and you'd get the same effect but I was happy to rid them of the 2 & 4 on their respective straps and also "Kobe" from the shoe. Now the only thing left is to grid off the logo.....haha I probably won't go that far.

not feelin the asia's. looked better on the pics than when they're worn. i dunno, maybe it just looks weird with the laces dangling out like that.

so when is he wearing the PE's?

above the clouds, NOOOOOO

what'd you do homie? :wow:
eek.gif

^ the strap was just to restrictive for me. I wore them for a day with it and knew they would impede my movement on the court. Just like the LBJ II, these are much better without the strap. Can't wait to de-strap the Strengths next!!!

^^ that was nice I like that strap cut off, I can't stand straps and velcro and buckles on my shoes
got all black 2k3's size 10 to sell? I got money

turn the music up
turn me down

lol at thinking the ftl employee was offering u insoles because he knew you'd need em... they'll offer insoles with anything even if it takes away from the performance of the shoe.anyway.. does anyone knew if the zk2 st and zk2 laker have a later rd for the rest of the nation? JM?

we are all witnesses......to a conspiracyGOLAKERS!GONETS!
TEAMCHENI

Billy Hoyle has a movement going on redefining people's concepts and designs...

Developer in your future my man?

And those Asia pics look far better than the actual shoe, there's just no glass to the midsole or Swoosh... Meeh.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

the dark purple on the asias is what ruins them. they need to use the same shade of purple as the zk1
______
WE GROWN.

Kobe's footwear schedule
You probably already know the Lakers first-round playoff schedule (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday)...but do you know Kobe's postseason footwear schedule?
Game 1 Sunday - Purple, black, and yellow ZK2. Asia only colorway

Game 2 Tuesday - Strength Shoe, Orca version

Game 3 - Thursday - LA version of the ZK2 (White, yellow, purple)

Game 4 - Sunday - white white version of the ZK2 with the Sunday white white uniforms

from KB24.com

Kobe's footwear schedule

Game 1 Sunday - Purple, black, and yellow ZK2. Asia only colorway

Game 2 Tuesday - Strength Shoe, Orca version

Game 3 - Thursday - LA version of the ZK2 (White, yellow, purple)

Game 4 - Sunday - white white version of the ZK2 with the Sunday white white uniforms.

I don't like that KB24's website only has the shoe schedule for the first four games...

I mean, do they not expect the Lakers to go more than the first 4???

I donno, maybe its not that big a deal, but they should just tell us all 7 shoes for the 7 games.

I have a feeling Lakers will win on Tuesday because Kobe's gonna rock the Strengths. He'll need that extra lockdown.

Anyone know where I can find a similar pair of yellow laces. I think they might look good in the my Black / Maize.

I know I can find yellow laces, but I want the same type of lace as the black ones that came with the shoe.

Thanks for the help!

im so mad canada isnt getting the orcas.......or that there isnt a RD for them in the first half of may, it sucks because i work at a footlocker in canada so my discount is basically useless
TeamLakersMember #8 for Loyalty

Quote:
I have a feeling Lakers will win on Tuesday because Kobe's gonna rock the Strengths. He'll need that extra lockdown.
:lol:
laugh.gif

Kobe can get 30 in Timbs. I was pissed when he kept missing in the 4th though...that was a VERY winnable game.

Quote:
Developer in your future my man?
perfectly :wink:
wink.gif
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK
The B.O.P.​
Expect Dominance. Every Angle. Every Ability.

Back
Top Bottom