The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Going to pick up my 20th anni  controller today. The GS here had damn near a full stock yesterday but the debit card machine was down.

Picked up my controller. They had 5 total for sale. Asked about the headset and at first they didn't know what I was talking about, then they checked the rest of their shipment and found the box with them inside. They only had 3, 2 were preordered, so I scooped the last one. I'm a sucker for stuff like this. :smh: I wish they'd produce see through controllers/consoles like the old days.
View media item 1699798
For whoever cares, this controller isn't the same as the controller that was packed with the 20th consoles. These new ones don't have the icons on the touch pad.
View media item 1699794
My store only got 5 in also. The headsets wete tempting but i already have trittons :frown:

Got the email from Amazon saying that the controllers wont arrive until the 23rd. That means they should be shipping em around the 20th give or take a day depending on your distance from an Amazon warehouse.

Got the email from Amazon saying that the controllers wont arrive until the 23rd. That means they should be shipping em around the 20th give or take a day depending on your distance from an Amazon warehouse.

You might as well cancel and get it at GS. Unless you're in no hurry for it.

I dont think I'll be up for this VR stuff until at least the second or third generation. They can talk it up all they want but to me it still just looks like the screen is closer to your head and the POV is tracked through the headset instead of through the right control stick

So are the 20th anniversary Controllers supposed to be limited? I was gonna wait a couple weeks to get mines.

I dont think I'll be up for this VR stuff until at least the second or third generation. They can talk it up all they want but to me it still just looks like the screen is closer to your head and the POV is tracked through the headset instead of through the right control stick

Why should the POV be controlled by the stick?
If you move your head shouldn't your field of view also change?

As for waiting for it, it's one of those things that you need to experience firsthand from people who've tried it so it's probably best to try it at a demo station first.

Who said it should. Im just saying based on all those videos I dont get the hype. The screen is just in front of your eyes and a gyroscope controls the camera. Im at least waiting until devs think of better uses than that. Also dont care to look like an anime character. By then the glasses should be a lot smaller.

Last edited:
Man I'm waiting on a North America release date for the 1TB PS4.

Debating if I should cop a PS4 next month or wait til black friday.

Was it even on sale last black friday, except on maybe an amazon super lightning deal?

You're better off finding a deal not on bf

With that said, any shot sony drops the price anytime this year? I'm thinking no cause theyre moving too well.

With how well PS4s are selling they are in no rush to drop the price. Especially since they are barely making money off each system and Sony has been in financial trouble for the longest.

On black friday the best deal you are likely to get is a PS4 + TV bundle or a PS4 with an extra game or two.

Back
Top Bottom