The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I googled it and couldn't find any reliable links... I read a link about it being released in Japan already or something like that??? Idk Is this a real thing and is there a release date?

I think one cane out in europe. I meant that i expect it to eventually drop in the US. Eventually there will definitely be some sort of slim that drops. I think the ps3 slim cane out 3 years after the OG fat and that is my favorite system (not the one with the ridges) even though PS 2 probably has the best games.

I have a huge backlog and a wii u, vita, DS, job, and gf so have plenty of distractions until a slim drops lol.

Only games i'm freaking out to play is MGS and Witcher anyway. Especially with Persona delayed.

How no exclusive games that aren't remasters are coming out for ps4 in the next 18 months
How :pimp: that Xbox lineup will be and backwards compatibility :pimp:

******* about PS4 having nothing but remasters, gets excited over backwards compatibility. the irony.. :lol:

Hell even UC2 and 3 weren't AMAZING or groundbreaking in any sense, since the games are basically better versions of Tomb Raider.

Before the fanboys attack me, that doesn't mean I don't like those games; I just didn't get the :wow: feeling like the first time I played MGS1-3, The Last of Us, Mass Effect 2, etc.

Uncharted2 was AMAZING idk what youre talking about, did you play TLoU before OR after Uncharted? it only makes sense that TLoU was better since it came out after that franchise. they took what they had in Uncharted and improved on it.

Uncharted is amazing. Those set pieces were like movies. Tomb raider ain't on that cinematic level

Uncharted is amazing. Those set pieces were like movies. Tomb raider ain't on that cinematic level

TRUTH.

while i enjoyed Tomb Raider, Uncharted perfected it.

when i played Tomb Raider it felt like a knock off Uncharted when it should of been the other way around.

How no exclusive games that aren't remasters are coming out for ps4 in the next 18 months
How
pimp.gif
that Xbox lineup will be and backwards compatibility
pimp.gif

******* about PS4 having nothing but remasters, gets excited over backwards compatibility. the irony..
laugh.gif
I think it's still a valid point because MS isn't charging you $20 a month to borrow games you already own 

I think it's still a valid point because MS isn't charging you $20 a month to borrow games you already own 
Neither is Sony.

PS Now is not backwards compatibility
It's not on paper but you have to call it for what it is. It's a service to borrow games that are $20 or less on their last gen system. It would appeal more to a seasoned PS gamer to replay a game they love. If I was new to either one of the major consoles, Im not paying to rent an good game from last gen, I'm here for the future not the past. Anytime new folk come here with inquiries to buy a system or upgrade they aren't asking because they want to play Crash Bandicoot or Crackdown.

If you want to play PS3 or 360 games, buy a PS3 or 360. We're 2 years into current gen and people still talking about BC :rolleyes

So do you think people just have a bunch of ps3 games laying around with no ps3?

Last edited:
Not sure what everyone else has but I do know that if you want to play last gen games then you should still have your PS3. It was made clear there would be no BC and Ps Now would be a paid service. Why spend $400 if you still have such a heavy interest in last gen games. People out here buying current gen consoles and then acting surprised with the catalogue of games available. It's too easy to look online and see what's currently out and what's coming out and when.

It's not on paper but you have to call it for what it is. It's a service to borrow games that are $20 or less on their last gen system. It would appeal more to a seasoned PS gamer to replay a game they love. If I was new to either one of the major consoles, Im not paying to rent an good game from last gen, I'm here for the future not the past. Anytime new folk come here with inquiries to buy a system or upgrade they aren't asking because they want to play Crash Bandicoot or Crackdown.

It's just a branch of their business strategy to extend their games to more than just owners of PS consoles. Games as a service could potentially be the future and Sony doesn't want to get caught out and since

The service is on Samsung and Sony TV's and is going to be on phones and tablets. Thinking of PS Now as BC is just short sighted seeing It's aimed at those who don't want the initial payment for a new console but want to play games on devices they own already. They're basically covering all angles utilising their existing catalogue of games.

Games that were on the PS3 like Journey, Sound Shapes etc.. As soon as a PS4 version was released you could get it for free because of cross-buy so it's not like they're trying to dig into your pockets..

So do you think people just have a bunch of ps3 games laying around with no ps3?
It's quite possible, trade in offers give credit for consoles to upgrade.

Also folks do hold on to AAA titles, you don't buy collectors editions just to trade them in. I still have Halo's, Crash's, FF 7 and other classics.

It's just a branch of their business strategy to extend their games to more than just owners of PS consoles. Games as a service could potentially be the future and Sony doesn't want to get caught out and since

The service is on Samsung and Sony TV's and is going to be on phones and tablets. Thinking of PS Now as BC is just short sighted seeing It's aimed at those who don't want the initial payment for a new console but want to play games on devices they own already. They're basically covering all angles utilising their existing catalogue of games.

Games that were on the PS3 like Journey, Sound Shapes etc.. As soon as a PS4 version was released you could get it for free because of cross-buy so it's not like they're trying to dig into your pockets..
Totally understand the standpoint, I just don't see the benefit of it for the person using the service on something other than a console. A gamer who doesn't want to own a console? Mobile makes sense but the other outlets can't be that lucrative. I don't know the numbers but from my experience my friends liked the idea of the service but it being a rental sucked as a subscription service.

Last edited:
Just finished the Uncharted demo.

It's the same demo for Uncharted 2 at E3 2009.
Feels weirdly fast in 60fps
laugh.gif

Can definitely notice the resolution bump and improvement in IQ.
Tempted to try the demo, but having never played any of the Uncharted games, will the demo spoil anything?

I just don't understand why there are no good racers for the PS4. Driveclub wasn't impressive. There should have been at least one gran turismo by now for the PS4. There have been 3 forza releases for the XB1 so far
mean.gif
Driveclub's rather arcady... but like DD said... Project Cars is the way to go.  It's not perfect, but still very good.

But I'm at a loss for why we haven't had any GT news yet.  Polyphony just dropped a track-editor mode, so I'll need to give that a try. 

^ yep. I keep all my JRPGs. I kept Gears when I traded in the 360.
I have boxes of NES, SNES games. Original Gameboy, Dreamcast mad crap lol.

Holding on to 360 games worked out when they have the $10 trade per title promo at the MS store. I traded in mad random 360 and PS3 games.

Totally understand the standpoint, I just don't see the benefit of it for the person using the service on something other than a console. A gamer who doesn't want to own a console? Mobile makes sense but the other outlets can't be that lucrative. I don't know the numbers but from my experience my friends liked the idea of the service but it being a rental sucked as a subscription service.
I think tablets and Tv's are a good avenue. All you have to do is buy a dualshock 3 or 4 and you have everything you need to start playing.

The more devices the better.

Also I believe you can either rent the games individually or play as much as you want with a monthly subscription.

Tempted to try the demo, but having never played any of the Uncharted games, will the demo spoil anything?

Driveclub's rather arcady... but like DD said... Project Cars is the way to go.  It's not perfect, but still very good.

But I'm at a loss for why we haven't had any GT news yet.  Polyphony just dropped a track-editor mode, so I'll need to give that a try. 

Paris Game Conference is this month.
With Gt strongest in Europe, it makes sense for them to announce it there.

Driveclub slander from people who played a demo or not at all. Interesting.

Free games on PS+ in October:
  • Broken Age (PS4 / Vita)
  • Super Meat Boy (PS4 / Vita)
  • Unmechanical Extended (PS4 / PS3)
  • Kickbeat (Vita / PS3)
  • Kung Fu Rabbit (Vita / PS3)
  • Chariot (PS3)

Last edited:

well to your point, if you already own the games, you likely own the system. which is where im at with it. its still considered *****ing.. :rolleyes

I'm here for the future not the past. Anytime new folk come here with inquiries to buy a system or upgrade they aren't asking because they want to play Crash Bandicoot or Crackdown.

point made. *****ing about remasters for PS4 but he bought a XBox One to play games from 360. you dont see the irony in that? again idc about PSNow because i still have my PS3, which if he still has 360 games to use for BC he should have the system.

If you want to play PS3 or 360 games, buy a PS3 or 360. We're 2 years into current gen and people still talking about BC :rolleyes

THIS.

well to your point, if you already own the games, you likely own the system. which is where im at with it. its still considered *****ing..
eyes.gif
I'm here for the future not the past. Anytime new folk come here with inquiries to buy a system or upgrade they aren't asking because they want to play Crash Bandicoot or Crackdown.
point made. *****ing about remasters for PS4 but he bought a XBox One to play games from 360. you dont see the irony in that? again idc about PSNow because i still have my PS3, which if he still has 360 games to use for BC he should have the system.

I am no BC advocate for the record or trying to troll yall and be a Xbox fanboy. I would prob be considered a fanboy by some but I like and use both my consoles, I just like my Xbox more :smile:  

The BC feature is cool but I would barely use it. I would get more use out of BC on PS if it was available, I wanted to play UC because I never did and wanted to be ready for UC 4. Thank god for the remaster.

Back
Top Bottom