The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.
smokin.gif

4/5

Took about 13hr.

Very few games with strong female protagonists.

Hopefully the success of this game, leads to more.

Gone are the days when Homebrew or emulators used to excite me. They are so many ways to play old games and homebrew just isn't worth the risk.
PS4 speaks to PSN on startup and does some checks so it's easy to tell if you've modded your console or not. That's how a lot of users got banned when the PS3 got hacked and they modded their consoles (Even though they patched it later).

With PSN being a big part of consoles these days it's hardly worth it and with all the trophies I worked for, I'm not getting banned. :lol:

Y'all wilding..
that's like saying the rest of the fighting games are only about button mashing.

I feel like all fighting games have that element in it.

You're right, all fighting games do have those elements to it. I can't speak to for the others but I know Street Fighter does it really well which is why I think it's the most popular.

Last edited:
Anyone remember playing mugen fighting games. I always wish i had the patience to put in all the charachters myself. It got dumb hard to find builds already done. I wanted that marvel vs DC so bad

Doesn't mean much he said the exploit was patched in 1.80 that's ver 1.76 ( currently on 3.0 ). The only issue this brings is it allows them to learn the inner working of the OS and the security, so in the future they might find a bigger work around.

I think the same type of exploit was found on the 3DS a few months back and it was fixed in a matter of days.

The 3DS is hacked WIDE open. The exploit isn't patched because he can still access kernal functions on the latest FW, just can't execute code on higher FW but that shouldn't be hard to correct.

Chill son, your gonna get this thread nuked by Meth.

Not possible since I won't comment on Piracy, Homebrew on the other hand is fair game and no illegal.

You know it sold like crap, right?

It's been out a month AND came out at bad time. Crystal Dynamics is fine though, M$ through enough money at them to be able to more than shake off a bad sell.

Yea I wouldnt want to risk jailbreaken the 4

I would, love me some Jailbreaks :smokin

Last edited:
This news makes me wanna cop one of these $299 PS4s... and just let it chill until things really start happening.

Anyone remember playing mugen fighting games. I always wish i had the patience to put in all the charachters myself. It got dumb hard to find builds already done. I wanted that marvel vs DC so bad

Custom tracks, custom stages, UI and an abundance of characters. I put too way much time into mugen but it was worth it.
The best characters were Evil Ryu and Ken by Reuben Kee

Evil Ryu's last super is my my favorite of all time.

When you jailbreak aren't you stuck on the firmware version that the exploit is in. Seems pointless considering most games will make you update to the latest firmware before the game launches.

When you jailbreak aren't you stuck on the firmware version that the exploit is in. Seems pointless considering most games will make you update to the latest firmware before the game launches.

No you're not. You will then be on a modified "custom" firmware. Which usually include stealth patching and other work arounds to keep you up to date and online. Pretty common stuff. Once the PS4 is hacked some of the most respected underground devs come and pretty much go to work (look up PS3/XB360). These modified firmware updates continue to allow you to play your games old and new as well as enjoy online features.

That said, I'm done on this topic for a while.

Last edited:
best 3D fighter was the rival schools series though

Also I mentioned how the new KOF looked weird in 3D. i thought it was gonna be a 3D side stepping game, but after the latest gameplay trailer, it looks pretty sick.  I'm in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom