The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

D Double D Double I forgot about DQ XI, I don't think it'll release outside JP in 2016 though. I forgot to mention World of Final Fantasy too.

After slanging it on PS3 for 1.5 yrs. I'm starting the new year current gen. Traded in my PS3, spare controller and a ton of games to make my buy worth while. Walked out with this:

View media item 1850642
Traded in that copy of blops 3 on top of that to enhance the buy as well.

Last edited:
^Welcome to PS4 family.
nthat.gif

2016 List

- Uncharted 4

- MLB 16 The Show

- Madden 17

- NBA 2k17

- WWE 2k17

- Ratchet & Clank

- Tekken 7

- Mafia III

Also plan to pick up the GOTY editions of MKX and Arkham Knight assuming they drop next year

The only game I may cop on Day 1 is The Show since I haven't played a baseball game in years because I was waiting to get a PS4.

Yo, so I just set my console up, from registering my PS plus, my account and any game downloads. Then all of a sudden it won't fire up. I'll press the physical power button and it will pulsate for about 4 seconds, then it will power off again. Anyone run into this issue before?

Yo, so I just set my console up, from registering my PS plus, my account and any game downloads. Then all of a sudden it won't fire up. I'll press the physical power button and it will pulsate for about 4 seconds, then it will power off again. Anyone run into this issue before?

Run the updates and firmwares.

The game im most looking forward to in 2016 is GT Sport. Cant wait!

unplug the cord from the back for a min and try again. If that doesn't work hold the power button while the system is off for two beeps and wait for it to boot in safe mode. in safe mode try to Rebuild Database: Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items If that doesn't work. Initialize PS4: Important: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.

After slanging it on PS3 for 1.5 yrs. I'm starting the new year current gen. Traded in my PS3, spare controller and a ton of games to make my buy worth while. Walked out with this:

Traded in that copy of blops 3 on top of that to enhance the buy as well.​
Nice! Would you mind if I ask how much you got for the PS3 + extras and what store?

Thanks for the info above but I think I may have solved my issue. Looking online it says it might be the blue light of death but also said that if the resolutions outputting from the console don't match up with the TVs output that it could not start up. Turns out that was the issue when it started up fine on another tv. I'll keep you updated if anything else happens.

im about 60 hours in. and loving it. probably about 20% done with main story. if u dont feel it, u dont feel it.
60 hours and 20%!? At least there's content. The settlements thing just doesn't grab me at all, maybe I haven't seen where they teach you how to craft and stuff but the whole map is full of stuff and I have no idea what's worth picking up or not so I'm just killing and completing quests.

Yup, I'm all set and ready for play. It turns out that when a game of a resolution higher than 480p (guest tv) is launched, my tv won't "handshake" with my PS4. Tv stays the same, the PS4 doesn't know what to do, and then it decides to turn off and won't come back until it can display at a resolution that it needs.

Edit: messed up, meant to say 720 instead of 480.

Last edited:

im about 60 hours in. and loving it. probably about 20% done with main story. if u dont feel it, u dont feel it.
60 hours and 20%!? At least there's content. The settlements thing just doesn't grab me at all, maybe I haven't seen where they teach you how to craft and stuff but the whole map is full of stuff and I have no idea what's worth picking up or not so I'm just killing and completing quests.

You can mark things you need to pick up for modding. You can actually skip all the settlement things if you want.

What level is everyone on?

Which is strange because when I start up my Xbox, it says that it is 1080 and I check the frame info and it says 1080 as well. when I plug in my ps4, it seems to downgrade itself to 480 and refuses to go up to 1080. I have forced it to attempt to go up and then it all of a sudden does. Don't know why it won't do it itself.

Last edited:
D Double D Double I forgot about DQ XI, I don't think it'll release outside JP in 2016 though. I forgot to mention World of Final Fantasy too.
Yea I'm not sure either it, FFXV and Valkyria Azure will see western shores in 2016.
World of Final Fantasy looks surprisingly good too. It's going to be on Vita for when I travel.

View media item 1850642
Traded in that copy of blops 3 on top of that to enhance the buy as well.

Welcome to the family.

Gametrailers got it right

Haven't watched the video but I think i k now the outcome :lol:

damn dude only 1 survived for you? lol
i felt cheated when Matt died. i agreed with emily on going to the radio tower and when i handed him the flare gun as Em he just shot it for no reason
mean.gif
 then when i tried saving her after the tower fell and died i didn't know what i did wrong until i looked it up. it just didn't make sense for matt to shot the flare gun in the first place before you try to radio for help. i let josh die by accident too i didn't know i had to find an item to keep him alive.
Only the half black guy survived for me. When they gave me the option to kill the asian girl, I pulled the trigger. No hesitation. Then the game tells you "you didn't need to kill her." Oh well. When Em fell, I didn't try to save her haha. Where do you go to look up the different paths and what not? My friend told me everyone survived in his playthrough.

Emily Matt and Mike survived in mine. Only because my roommate was trying his hardest to kill Emily and because he did, she survived. Matt has need to not try and save her at the tower.
I didn't save emily at the tower. But when they gave me the option to end her life...
maxresdefault.jpg

Redboxed Mad Max last night.

After special consideration, MAD MAX is my GOTY.
pimp.gif

Gamplay's too good.

I think the biggest turn off was having to pay for thr costumes. I really wanted a lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom