The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Any of you guys seriously looking into dropping consoles and building a PC gaming rig? Seems like everything is available on steam these days and for cheaper than PS/Xbone versions.

I might just make the leap once Nvidia releases Pascal cards. Not really sure what the benefit of a console is anymore outside of some exclusives
I've looked into it(pc part picker $1,500+) and my bro converted to pc gaming. PC gaming rigs don't entice me, but the pc-esque consoles do.

From what my bro told me, pc have a lot of micro-managing (installing this/that, troubleshooting parts, etc, etc).

Consoles just work. Not saying they're better, but they're better.

IMO

Last edited:
Got the PS4 Batman bundle for Christmas. Which game Yall suggest I cop first? I'm debating between GTA 5 or Black Ops 3...

Got the PS4 Batman bundle for Christmas. Which game Yall suggest I cop first? I'm debating between GTA 5 or Black Ops 3...

two completely different games. I bought both around the same time and I've only put hours in BO3; not even for the multiplayer but for zombie mode.

you can't go wrong with GTA though.

True. Might get the day one edition of GTA. I'm just kinda bummed oh bout having to level up and make all that cash all over again cuz i was a level 245 with 5 mil on the 360 lol...any xp glitches?

By the way my PSN is JulesMPD237 if anyone wants to add me

Last edited:
Been putting that work in on Battlefront. Love the dog fighting mode. Nothing better than taking out x wings in slave 1

Any of you guys seriously looking into dropping consoles and building a PC gaming rig? Seems like everything is available on steam these days and for cheaper than PS/Xbone versions.

I might just make the leap once Nvidia releases Pascal cards. Not really sure what the benefit of a console is anymore outside of some exclusives
I've looked into it(pc part picker $1,500+) and my bro converted to pc gaming. PC gaming rigs don't entice me, but the pc-esque consoles do.
From what my bro told me, pc have a lot of micro-managing (installing this/that, troubleshooting parts, etc, etc).
Consoles just work. Not saying they're better, but they're better.
IMO

Probably not a good analogy, but this kinda goes with the iPhone vs Android argument. iPhones work and work well out of the box, while Androids are customizable and may require some tinkering to get it to your liking. I'm a tinkerer and don't mind putting in the hours for a custom rig, so that might be why I'm leaning towards just getting a PC.....but then again, since I already have a PS4 I might as well ride it out...

Speaking of PC gaming, here's my setup.

View media item 1862042

Daaaaaaaaaaamn. Can you actually run any games at 1440p @ 144hz? Must be beautiful.

You play the whistleblower DLC? I played that thing and man it's just as worse
mean.gif
being absolutely helpless and unable to defend yourself through a game like thatp/i] is just too much. i put the game down in the middle of the whole naked twins chasing you thing. its just too terrifying. and im traumatized by silky silky silky. forever.

Man I thought I was gonna get a heart attack during the chase with the crazy doctor/Edward scissor hands dude. Easily the scariest scene I've played in a game.

Is the Whistleblower DLC scarier than the main game? I haven't played it yet.

Last edited:
Man I thought I was gonna get a heart attack during the chase with the crazy doctor/Edward scissors hands dude. Easily the scariest scene I've played in a game.

Bro when the Doctor pulls you out the elevator that entire section had me shook!

The whistleblower is shorter than the main game but there are some moments that literally top the main game. I would recommend you play it if you liked playing Outlast

being absolutely helpless and unable to defend yourself through a game like thatp/i] is just too much. i put the game down in the middle of the whole naked twins chasing you thing. its just too terrifying. and im traumatized by silky silky silky. forever.
Whenever I heard them talking I didn't know what to do man those dudes scared the **** out of me :smh:

Man I thought I was gonna get a heart attack during the chase with the crazy doctor/Edward scissor hands dude. Easily the scariest scene I've played in a game.

he chases u? thats not even fair. red barrel has absolutely nailed communicating fight or flight responses through a video game. i found my self literally terrified to look around in a couple of those scenes. brilliant game, and im a manly mighty mighty man word to roy brown. but that game has my number lol

Game is that scary? Will definitely keep it in my radar then
not for the feint of heart man. the only way you can see is through using night vision on your camera, but that drains batteries, and batteries are limited. you can't defend yourself. no punching kicking or anything. all you can do is run and hide. so really, you're just moving through this incredibly scary asylum/institute and all u can do is experience the horror, theres no way to BEAT the scary stuff, you just have to go through it.

iirc didnt they say thats how the next silent hill was supposed to be?

The only gripe I had with Outlast is the storyline and ending, but they nailed atmosphere and gameplay IMO is A1.

not for the feint of heart man. the only way you can see is through using night vision on your camera, but that drains batteries, and batteries are limited. you can't defend yourself. no punching kicking or anything. all you can do is run and hide. so really, you're just moving through this incredibly scary asylum/institute and all u can do is experience the horror, theres no way to BEAT the scary stuff, you just have to go through it.

iirc didnt they say thats how the next silent hill was supposed to be?
sounds :smokin
Will definitely try it out, I like horror games

Back
Top Bottom