The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

eyes.gif

A little late but finally decided to get a ps4. Do you guys prefer the games in disc or digital? And does the digital take up a lot of memory or no

A little late but finally decided to get a ps4. Do you guys prefer the games in disc or digital? And does the digital take up a lot of memory or no

It really doesn't matter if you go digital or disc because with the disc, you have to install the game onto the ps4 harddrive. My suggestion is to upgrade your ps4 hard drive to a bigger size. A while ago, I took out the 500 gb hdd and install a 2tb hdd.

It really doesn't matter if you go digital or disc because with the disc, you have to install the game onto the ps4 harddrive. My suggestion is to upgrade your ps4 hard drive to a bigger size. A while ago, I took out the 500 gb hdd and install a 2tb hdd.
I might have too, where can i find a 2tb for a decent price?

Can someone explain to me why the PS4s internet connection is so damn CRAPPY?! **** makes the system damn near unusable :smh:

Its the only thing i have internet connection problems with. Heated right now

Can someone explain to me why the PS4s internet connection is so damn CRAPPY?! **** makes the system damn near unusable :smh:

Yeah I've been having issues as well. Its way slower than my XBONE when it comes to downloading games.

With HDDs, what's the consensus for hybrid drives? Worth the extra couple of bucks?
it depends. It's not worth it imo, but i'm not particular about load times.

Rather have 2tb, than a slightly faster 1tb sshd.

load1.png

Last edited:

I've been having this issue as well. Seems to have a really week WiFi antenna in it

With HDDs, what's the consensus for hybrid drives? Worth the extra couple of bucks?
I've got a 1TB SSHD and while it may not be a big difference, they're not really expensive so I'll say go for it. I bought mine at launch and I still haven't used up all my space.

Try changing your DNS settings on the PS4 to the ones provided by OpenDNS

I used to get around 40 Mbps and now i get around 85 Mbps after changing it.

Also try and invest in some power line adapters instead of wireless. I get 12MBps downloads now

I might have too, where can i find a 2tb for a decent price?

What you can do is buy the seagate external hdd 2tb. Believe it or not, they usually go cheaper than a bare 2tb hdd. I got mine for around 70 on Black Friday
Amazon product ASIN B00FRHTSK4
So right now at Amazon, that's a decent price. Once you get it, you would have to open up the enclosure with either a guitar pick or flat screwdriver, take out the hdd and then put it in the ps4. It's not hard to do at all. At the same time you can use the empty enclosure to put in an extra hard drive you may have laying around and use it as an external hdd.

Last edited:
So upgrading the Hardrive slows down the load times?

You could say that but the most noticeable change is if you change hdd to ssd; you'll see a big difference. I would've liked to get a 2tb ssd but they're too expensive at the moment lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom