The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Do those cool filters unlock after you finish?
They are available to purchase using Unlock Points, which you earn by collecting treasures and getting to specific parts in the single player campaign. The same unlock points can be used to unlock guns, special audio modes, etc. in the 'Bonus' section in the main or pause menus. You can be able to use the points after you beat the game for the first time.

Gran Turismo Sport Event May 19 & 20: New Trailer, Hands-On Gameplay, FIA Event, and More!

GTSport_Reveal_May_19_20_GTPlanet-638x359.jpg

View media item 2030183
The King returns.
Can't wait to see some footage and news.

Last edited:
Just beat UC4 and yep this is my GOTY unless FFXV really wows me. Naughty Gawds with another hit :pimp:

walking around as Cassie in the Epilogue gave me so da feels especially when you see Nate and Elena :frown:
Same here bro. I was like "damn,this is really it". I still remember playing UC1 for the first time and fast forward 9 years later and we're now at the end :frown:

Was gonna buy uncharted until I seen there's no online co op:x, that was the funniest thing about uncharted. Anyone can recommend another game?. Lol I only have rocket league and 2k16 so beyond bored with the games I got.

Some News

Square Enix Posts Strong Financial Resuts Thanks to Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Quest X and More

View media item 2030257
Which leads nicely to this

Square Enix Plans to “Further Strengthen Core Franchises” with “Large-Scale” Console Games

Following the release of its financial results for the past fiscal year and of the outlook for the current one, Square Enix published presentation materials for its investor conference call, and it included the company’s plans for the digital entertainment segment.

Among the points made we read that the company plans to further strengthen its core franchises for HD games (which means console games and possibly PC) by launching large-scale titles. They also intend to further increase profits for its MMORPGs, smartphone games and browser games.

On top of that, the company confirmed its interest in developing for virtual reality and augmented reality technologies, launching premium apps for smartphones and tablets (like they recently did for Final Fantasy IX), and expanding into emerging markets like Latin America, Middle East and India.

View media item 2030258
SE are on point.
Making money from mobile, MMO's and Console games without ditching one for the other like Konami and they're expanding in each area too. No Nier on that pic though so probably 2017.

Forgot Tomb Raider comes out this year too :lol:

[rule]

View media item 2030259
[h1]Dark Souls III Dominates April’s NPD Results, Followed by Ratchet & Clank[/h1]

Async Tag // Tag for network 5205: Intergi // Website: DualShockers Inc. // Page: dualshockers // Placement: dualshockers_300x250 (3022422) // created at: Aug 26, 2014 10:33:08 AM

ADTECH.config.page = { protocol: 'http', server: 'ads.intergi.com', network: '5205.1', pageid: 644163, params: { loc: '100' }};
ADTECH.config.placements[3022422] = { sizeid: 170, params: { alias: '', target: '_blank' }};
ADTECH.loadAd(3022422);

Looks like there’s some sun praising to be done, at least at Bandai Namco and From Software, with Dark Souls III dominating NPD results for the United States in the past month.

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Ratchet & Clank 2016 (PS4)
  3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
  4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  6. Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
  7. Quantum Break (Xbox One)
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  10. Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)
As usual, platforms are mentioned in order of sales, excluding hardware bundles and digital sales (which one would argue might be making NPD increasingly meaningless, but I digress).

Incidentally, hardware sales declined 21% year on year, and neither Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo sent any triumphant press release boasting hardware domination at the moment of this writing. This might indicate that console manufacturers are holding their cards close to their chests as E3 approaches.

Ratchet & Clank sold really well.

[rule]

Nintendo NX & PlayStation 4.5/Neo due for TGS reveal - Report
Neo coming in time for PlayStation VR this holiday, VR World claims.

ps4_11.jpg

Nintendo NX and PlayStation 4.5, reportedly codenamed PlayStation Neo, are both scheduled to be revealed at Tokyo Game Show this September, according to a report by VRWorld.

The website claims that NX "should be announced during Tokyo Game Show 2016", later stating that Neo should also "make its debut" at the show.

Neither Sony or Nintendo have yet specified when the two consoles will be revealed - nor has Sony yet officially confirmed that it is working on a new console at all. Nintendo NX is due to release globally in March 2017, with VR World claiming that Neo will be available "as soon as Holiday Season 2016 – in time for the PlayStation VR headset".

VR World's report also goes into detail on some of the Neo's alleged specifications, claiming that the GPU and memory will be higher clocked, as reported previously.

Microsoft is also expected to be working on a new console, with some speculating that it could be revealed at next month's E3. Tokyo Game Show, meanwhile, kicks off on Thursday, September 15.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendo_nx_and_playstation_4_5_neo_due_for_tgs_reveal_report.html

Makes sense for it not to be at E3 so they won't lose sales from people waiting out if they announce it too early before release.

Last edited:
Aftet playing UC4, I'm not even sure I want to play Rise of the Tomb Raider again. I was gonna get it for PS4 but I might wait til it hits the bargain bin if I get it at all.

Last edited:
Yep

I picked up Tomb Raider for PS4 for like 7.99 on PSN a few weeks back

Unless you are getting a game for MP you minus whale wait

Last edited:
I wonder if Tomb Raider will be full price.

They should go the Ratchet and Clank route and sell it for $40.

I wonder if Tomb Raider will be full price.

They should go the Ratchet and Clank route and sell it for $40.
is the ps4 version gonna have the dlc on it too do you know or would we have to buy it separately? 
Aftet playing UC4, I'm not even sure I want to play Rise of the Tomb Raider again. I was gonna get it for PS4 but I might wait til it hits the bargain bin if I get it at all.
thats how I'm feeling lol i might wait on it especially if it comes out in november like it did on the X1

Man I forgot how good Uncharted games were. I'm only on chapter 6 and already loving it.

I need to go pick up the collection and TLOU remastered (again) to keep the ball rolling. Take my money Naughty Dog.

UC4 Multiplayer co-op will arrive this fall
Ok thanks, that sucks, I wish company would stop doing stuff like this tho, can't have the best online feature not available first day.
Uncharted isn't really known for it's online component. It's also kind of hard to knock them when they're releasing all the online DLC for free.

Back
Top Bottom